Suicide Crisis Among Native American Youth Prompts Federal Action

So let them sort it out.

The last thing they need is a goverment intervention. The mere sight of the ' goverment ' would inspire more suicides.

They have tribal councils, if they can't figure it out I seriously doubt the goverment can.

Them Indians been living on the plains for a thousand generations.. You would think they know how to protect themselves from the cold?

Maybe a tepee and a village would help? I don't know, nor pretend to know. I know that a people who lived on the Great Plains for thousands of years and suddenly can't protect themselves from the cold is on it evolutionary way out.
What grade are you in? What tree did you fall out of? Your name wouldn't be Jethro would it?

It's arrogant to think you know what's best for them.

I don't think I said I know what's best for anyone, I think the discussion is to exchange ideas on what might help.

Talking about subjects that are taking a toll on a community and looking for ways to help by exchanging ideas is the first step in formulating a way to make a difference.

No community wants to suffer or desires for their children to commit suicide. Help is always offered in crisis situations to people, this is what happens in natural disasters and when we had the 9/11 attacks.

People welcomed the help and I am not aware on anyone saying just let them die or just let them try to crawl out of the rubble themselves.

So let them sort it out.

The last thing they need is a goverment intervention. The mere sight of the ' goverment ' would inspire more suicides.

They have tribal councils, if they can't figure it out I seriously doubt the goverment can.

Idiot troll. I refuse to debate this kind of stupidity.

F
Them Indians been living on the plains for a thousand generations.. You would think they know how to protect themselves from the cold?

Maybe a tepee and a village would help? I don't know, nor pretend to know. I know that a people who lived on the Great Plains for thousands of years and suddenly can't protect themselves from the cold is on it evolutionary way out.
What grade are you in? What tree did you fall out of? Your name wouldn't be Jethro would it?

We are done here.

I don't think I said I know what's best for anyone, I think the discussion is to exchange ideas on what might help.

Talking about subjects that are taking a toll on a community and looking for ways to help by exchanging ideas is the first step in formulating a way to make a difference.

No community wants to suffer or desires for their children to commit suicide. Help is always offered in crisis situations to people, this is what happens in natural disasters and when we had the 9/11 attacks.

People welcomed the help and I am not aware on anyone saying just let them die or just let them try to crawl out of the rubble themselves.

And have the Indians been consulted? Are they asking that the goverment come in and save them from themselves? What is the tribal determinations of this problem? We need goverment money?

Do they want opportunity? They are living in the middle of nowhere? Perhaps the first solution would be to move?

So let them sort it out.

Idiot troll. I refuse to debate this kind of stupidity.
Good. Piss off then? I don't remember asking you o high and mighty one

And have the Indians been consulted? Are they asking that the goverment come in and save them from themselves? What is the tribal determinations of this problem? We need goverment money?

Do they want opportunity? They are living in the middle of nowhere? Perhaps the first solution would be to move?

Yes they do want opportunity, yes they are talking to the government. There have been several links posted for you to view about it if you are interested. :)

Someone remind me. How much is obama planning on spending to move the ghetto into the suburbs?

IMO education is generally a major way to improve the economic and social problems in any community. What has happened historically in the European culture in America is that philanthropists donated the money to build and help sustain colleges and universities.

What the Native American communities need are colleges and comminity colleges on or near the reservations. Philanthropists seem to overlook the Native American, as has happened to them so often historically.

But, even then, they need communities on or near the reservations where there are job or business opportunities. They should not have to move away from their homes and families to find these things--no other ethnic or cultural group in America is required to do so.

IMO education is generally a major way to improve the economic and social problems in any community. What has happened historically in the European culture in America is that philanthropists donated the money to build and help sustain colleges and universities. What the Native American communities need are colleges and comminity colleges on or near the reservations. But, even then, they need communities on or near the reservations where there are job or business opportunities. They should not have to move away from their homes and families to find these things--no other ethnic or cultural group in America is required to do so.

Agreed, and that link on tribal universities looks like it might be a promising way to give hope and skills for just that.

Yes they do want opportunity, yes they are talking to the government. There have been several links posted for you to view about it if you are interested. :)
Then why are they living in the middle of nowhere? Why are they letting old folks die of cold?

Are businesses required to move to the middle of nowhere for them.... Fine by me if you can find a buisness willing to do it.

Education? Perhaps but to what end? Now you have a college educated Indian in the middle of nowhere. I believe that the reservations were for cultural preservation? No? If they want to integrate shouldn't they move?

Want to solve this problem? Take away the reservations, make them pay taxes, and generally make them live like Americans. Eventually they will bounce back. As long as they stick with their indian culture, they will suffer. The same can be said for black people as well.

Then why are they living in the middle of nowhere? Why are they letting old folks die of cold?

Are businesses required to move to the middle of nowhere for them.... Fine by me if you can find a buisness willing to do it.

Education? Perhaps but to what end? Now you have a college educated Indian in the middle of nowhere. I believe that the reservations were for cultural preservation? No? If they want to integrate shouldn't they move?
Why are they living in the middle of nowhere? Did you really say that? Unbelievable. Did you sleep all the way through school? Too funny.

The rest of your post indicates a complete lack of education and lack of critical thinking skills. Again, what tree did you fall out of? It wasn't the tree of knowledge was it? Couldn't have been.

Last edited:

Why would any community "let" their people? They wouldn't ! If you are really interested in the topic then take a look at the links. No community wants to be in poverty or have people suffer, you can maintain culture and still be progressive.

The world is moving into a transmodern era, if any community is suffering with a high rate of suicide in their community , they are going to want to make changes to fix that problem.

Why are they living in the middle of nowhere? Did you really say that? Unbelievable. Did you sleep all the way through school? Too funny.

People say the flame zone is the pits but you try to have a discussion in other zones and it's constantly trolled, it gets old.

So let them do it.

Their culture doesn't have wealth or property. If they do, they really suck badly at it.

They want Buffaloes and tepees. That's why they stay there correct? Cultural preservation. Why else would they stay there?

Only their culture is done for.

People say the flame zone is the pits but you try to have a discussion in other zones and it's constantly trolled, it gets old.
This is a very legitimate topic for general discussion or current events.

The racist trolls on this site ruin nearly everything. I think, after experiencing this problem so often, if I started a thread, it would be in the Clean Debate Zone only. Even there, they try to spoil it.

So take yourself there then. Butt hurt much? Insults and general paint stroke statements suit you well

This is a very legitimate topic for general discussion or current events.

The racist trolls on this site ruin nearly everything. I think, after experiencing this problem so often, if I started a thread, it would be in the Clean Debate Zone only. Even there, they try to spoil it.

It's why I quit participating in these discussions, People don't really want to talk about it and it isn't really troll free either.

Forum List

Back