Suing for damages for 'butthurt' again

DiamondDave

Army Vet
Jun 30, 2008
MD, on the Potomac River
Suit: Phrase Mocking Asians on NJ CVS Photo Tix - Yahoo! Finance

Oh my God.. a suit for someone calling someone a name or saying something 'off color' or offensive... a person did this, so the 'offended' person gets to sue the company who employed the person... Yet another in the long line of examples of this shit going too far...

Maybe I should just sue for a cool million the next time someone calls me white or old or whatever else...

What ever happened to 'sticks and stones' indeed??

Oh my God.. a suit for someone calling someone a name or saying something 'off color' or offensive... a person did this, so the 'offended' person gets to sue the company who employed the person... Yet another in the long line of examples of this shit going too far...

Maybe I should just sue for a cool million the next time someone calls me white or old or whatever else...

'Sticks and stones' is an expression that gave bullies cover. Turns out it was bullshit. I'm sure if the company canned the person immediately their, exposure will be minimal. If they haven't, they deserve everything they get.

That was a stupid thing for the tech to do. I'd want the tech fired, as for the lawsuit? Silly.

Exactly.. I think what the employee did was stupid as well. and that is on the employee.. and the repercussions for such a thing is usually to get counseled, demoted, or fired.. and any of those would be appropriate.. but for this Ms. Lee to sue CVS on this?? Ridiculous

'Sticks and stones' is an expression that gave bullies cover. Turns out it was bullshit. I'm sure if the company canned the person immediately their, exposure will be minimal. If they haven't, they deserve everything they get.

No.. because it was not a COMPANY action or a COMPANY policy.. and if the company looks to have the person counseled or retrained as opposed to fired, that is on the company.. and if the customers complain, CVS can then choose whether to abide by the complaints or wishes or risk losing the business of the 'offended' when they don't listen... but to sue the company over this, is ludicrous.. and it shows how far off we have become...

Forum List

Back