🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Super-liberal Seattle putting up WALLS to keep out homeless AMERICANS!!

Sound proof walls between residential areas and freeways have been around for decades. In California, the walls just behind million-dollar homes are covered with homeless drug addicts, their tents and tarps, feces and urine and general trash and debris.
California is the epitome of dysfunction.

true enough, but not just Cali. Those tents & trash are everywhere
I drove all around the country and I don't see it as bad as in CA. I think the climate attracts the homeless there.

That's true. Many years ago (25?) we had went to LA area and could see the homeless camps along the freeways & overpasses. It wasn't like that here in Washington at that time. There were homeless yes, but not everywhere you looked. Fast forward to the last 5-7years and the problem has continually increased and we are now like Cali was then.

Well did California help them?

This is what I don't get you put up walls and stuff what do these homeless people do?

It seems to me if you have a community of homeless people they look out for each other and help one another..

If you scatter them about it's a free for all?

I don't know what you mean about California helping them?

The walls? Those for sound barrier? I haven't seen any homeless camps between the barrier walls and the freeway and that's probably because of access to surface streets. There are still plenty of areas along the freeway that don't have the walls yet

There is crime within the homeless community as well, so I think it's more of looking out for themselves. Some of those camps may be safer than others.

In the OP, it mentions putting up fences to keep the homeless out.......in Seattle. Other areas combat the problem differently....and it depends on that areas willingness to spend the money & how much. Currently in my area (40 miles south of Seattle), the cops will come along & move them out of a place. Then they move to another location for a few days, then move back to where they were or someone else will move in. And I think the cops only get involved when there has been a complaint made.

Sometimes churches or other organizations will provide an area for the homeless to camp. But I don't know that it's lasted very long, because of the trash, crime, etc before they are moved out.

Even though the homeless population has skyrocketed here, doesn't mean it's gotten any better in Seattle.....or in California.

Does any of this better answer your questions?

Not really.

I just don't get where does these people go? If you put up walls and fences , they feel unsafe in homeless shelters.

true enough, but not just Cali. Those tents & trash are everywhere
I drove all around the country and I don't see it as bad as in CA. I think the climate attracts the homeless there.

That's true. Many years ago (25?) we had went to LA area and could see the homeless camps along the freeways & overpasses. It wasn't like that here in Washington at that time. There were homeless yes, but not everywhere you looked. Fast forward to the last 5-7years and the problem has continually increased and we are now like Cali was then.

This is what I don't get you put up walls and stuff what do these homeless people do?

It seems to me if you have a community of homeless people they look out for each other and help one another..

The walls? Those for sound barrier? I haven't seen any homeless camps between the barrier walls and the freeway and that's probably because of access to surface streets. There are still plenty of areas along the freeway that don't have the walls yet

There is crime within the homeless community as well, so I think it's more of looking out for themselves. Some of those camps may be safer than others.

In the OP, it mentions putting up fences to keep the homeless out.......in Seattle. Other areas combat the problem differently....and it depends on that areas willingness to spend the money & how much. Currently in my area (40 miles south of Seattle), the cops will come along & move them out of a place. Then they move to another location for a few days, then move back to where they were or someone else will move in. And I think the cops only get involved when there has been a complaint made.

Sometimes churches or other organizations will provide an area for the homeless to camp. But I don't know that it's lasted very long, because of the trash, crime, etc before they are moved out.

Even though the homeless population has skyrocketed here, doesn't mean it's gotten any better in Seattle.....or in California.

Not really.

I just don't get where does these people go? If you put up walls and fences , they feel unsafe in homeless shelters.

Alleys, dumpsters, empty lots, wooded areas, abandoned homes or buildings, wooded areas along the rivers, industrial business's or wherever they find a spot. During the day (or during business hours) they are out panhandling or ???, then will go back to their camp at night.

For the most part it is individuals who buddy up. I do know of one larger camp that is set up in an empty wooded lot and I think they must have someones permission because they've been there for a couple of years now. It has several families there as well. But the overall numbers fluctuate.

Where do they go??? Who knows? I've never associated homeless with long term stability

Not really.

Alleys, dumpsters, empty lots, wooded areas, abandoned homes or buildings, wooded areas along the rivers, industrial business's or wherever they find a spot. During the day (or during business hours) they are out panhandling or ???, then will go back to their camp at night.

For the most part it is individuals who buddy up. I do know of one larger camp that is set up in an empty wooded lot and I think they must have someones permission because they've been there for a couple of years now. It has several families there as well. But the overall numbers fluctuate.

Where do they go??? Who knows? I've never associated homeless with long term stability

Why don't you take one in and pay it forward?

Not really.

Long story that I'm not going to repeat

Not really.

Long story that I'm not going to repeat

I did once...put her back on her feet, bought her steel toe shoes..

The kid is doing great today, own home , new car and everything

Maybe we could just kill them.

I mean what the fuck, if the liberals can execute defenseless, innocent babies at will, we conservatives should be allowed to rid ourselves of the useless, homeless vermin that infests our once beautiful cities.

I mean what the fuck, if the liberals can execute defenseless, innocent babies at will, we conservatives should be allowed to rid ourselves of the useless, homeless vermin that infests our once beautiful cities.

Except the conservatives are not doing that , ironic isn't it?

Bridges under Greenville south Carolina..

i-065_sb_app_i-085_04.jpg

Except the conservatives are not doing that , ironic isn't it?

Bridges under Greenville south Carolina..

View attachment 175882

I don't see no homeless tents where I live, why is that?

Jobs a plenty? Low cost of living??? Low taxes???

The homeless problem is mainly a substance abuse issue. The government only enables by not restricting tent cities.
It also doesn't help that the gov is legalizing more substance abuse and even allowing DUI here in MD, the CA of the east.

Where i live lots of them live at libraries. At least during th e day . They got restrooms to clean themselves and books and computers for entertainment. Not much can be done about it unless we go to a fee system for library use.

Where i live lots of them live at libraries. At least during th e day . They got restrooms to clean themselves and books and computers for entertainment. Not much can be done about it unless we go to a fee system for library use.

Then what happens to them?

I think you're lying but if that story is true, it's the exception. Most homeless people simply make bad choices all the time and there is no way to help people like that. There is no way to get most homeless "back on their feet". We can warehouse them, but that's about it.

The homeless problem is mainly a substance abuse issue. The government only enables by not restricting tent cities.
It also doesn't help that the gov is legalizing more substance abuse and even allowing DUI here in MD, the CA of the east.

Drugs and the fact that many homeless are clinically crazy. Thirty years ago they would have been in a mental ward but now they're free. But they can't take care of themselves

I think you're lying but if that story is true, it's the exception. Most homeless people simply make bad choices all the time and there is no way to help people like that. There is no way to get most homeless "back on their feet". We can warehouse them, but that's about it.

No I am not lying..

Prolly the greatest thing I ever did in my life.

She is the real deal, she goes to church all the time now last I heard.

And this is what scares me, what if that was the one thing only I had to do in life was save her?

That would mean my mission in life is over..

#33, there's a problem: "But we've never seen a schizophrenic."(Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia). What scares us about her "saving" is precisely the xian mafia's protection racketism, 666 buy-sell-trade. No you're mission is not over.

Forum List

Back