Supercilious Stacy Abrams calls AR-15's "weapons of mass destruction"...congratulations Brian Kemp!

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."
—Thomas Jefferson

One year ago today, a gunman used an AR-15 to murder 26 people inside a Sutherland Springs, Texas, church. “Ninety percent of the people were unrecognizable... [The AR-15] was shattering concrete. You can only imagine what it does to the human body."

So what?

Lots of things can shatter concrete and kill people

One year ago today, a gunman used an AR-15 to murder 26 people inside a Sutherland Springs, Texas, church. “Ninety percent of the people were unrecognizable... [The AR-15] was shattering concrete. You can only imagine what it does to the human body."

So what?

Lots of thongs can shatter concrete and kill people
Oh, but once this evil black gun is removed from the millions of law-abiding, everything will suddenly be happy joyjoy and we will all sing kumbaya after defeating senseless mass shooting violence.

Kumbaya my lord. Kumbaya.

And also please try to get it straight...the issue is not all guns, just certain high-kill capacity guns and their bump stocks.
And also, please get this straight. There is no way to distinguish an AR-15 from any other semi-auto rifle in terms of operation and killing capacity. We have had this discussion too many times to count. Some of you anti-gun people are ignorant as fuck and have probably never even seen a gun IRL.
You're right. The only gun I've ever held is my .38 Ruger, and I've never shot that. Hope I never have to.
If you have never shot the only firearm you own I hope to hell you don't ever fire it even if you need to because you'll probably miss and hit some innocent bystander

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual."
—Thomas Jefferson
in other words, no crime, drug, or terror wars.

It must mean we should muster the militia instead of incur the discretionary spending of our alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror.
I don't disagree with you. In fact, the militia is being used to stop illegal border crossings in Texas now. We should stop the war on drugs, terror, crime, poverty, etc. All have been too expensive to justify.

Let the militia be the security force. None of this "organized" verses "Unorganized" nonsense. If you are old enough to shoulder a weapon, you are in the militia and are expected to arm yourself and be prepared to fight at a moment's notice.

So what?

Oh, but once this evil black gun is removed from the millions of law-abiding, everything will suddenly be happy joyjoy and we will all sing kumbaya after defeating senseless mass shooting violence.

Of course not, bootney, any more than a face mask will protect from sarin gas. But it is a step to slowing down the mass murder rate of innocents. Then on to the uniquely human issues of why people think killing off strangers of an ilk they both hate and don't know about is some kind of accomplishment.

Bootney, I've already said I don't know much about guns, but I do know that you Dad or your Grandpa didn't need an AR-15 to hunt or keep the fox out of the hen house or the wolves and coyotes and pumas from your sheep and cattle or the evil freak from your door. And y'all keep sayin you want to go back to the 'good ol' days. Well maybe not ALL the way....

the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a vote!

Of course not, bootney, any more than a face mask will protect from sarin gas. But it is a step to slowing down the mass murder rate of innocents.
So, you admit that it is a slippery slope you desire.

Bootney, I've already said I don't know much about guns, but I do know that you Dad or your Grandpa didn't need an AR-15 to hunt or keep the fox out of the hen house or the wolves and coyotes and pumas from your sheep and cattle or the evil freak from your door. And y'all keep sayin you want to go back to the 'good ol' days. Well maybe not ALL the way....
Who are you to say what I need and don't need? You don't even know much about guns. How can you offer such an opinion?

So what?

Of course not, bootney, any more than a face mask will protect from sarin gas. But it is a step to slowing down the mass murder rate of innocents. Then on to the uniquely human issues of why people think killing off strangers of an ilk they both hate and don't know about is some kind of accomplishment.

The AR 15 is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle chambered for the 5.56 mm round

Banning one 5.56 rifle is akin to banning a particular color car in the name of highway safety

So we get down to the real issue here and that's the desire to ban all semiautomatic rifles

So what?

The AR 15 is no different than any other semiautomatic rifle chambered for the 5.56 mm round

Banning one 5.56 rifle is akin to banning a particular color car in the name of highway safety

So we get down to the real issue here and that's the desire to ban all semiautomatic rifles
Y'know, I kinda though that is a given, my desire for a ban on all automatic weapons in civilian hands that can outshoot police. I believe there is a need for civilian weapons, for protection from man and beast. But this is one place where I long for the good old days of yesteryear when a hunter or property protector or bank robber or school/church/synagogue shooter was not prepared to take out Fallujah.

So what?

Y'know, I kinda though that is a given, my desire for a ban on all automatic weapons in civilian hands that can outshoot police. I believe there is a need for civilian weapons, for protection from man and beast. But this is one place where I long for the good old days of yesteryear when a hunter or property protector or bank robber or school/church/synagogue shooter was not prepared to take out Fallujah.

Before i waste any more time please educate yourself on the difference between automatic and semiautomatic firearms

So what?

Before i waste any more time please educate yourself on the difference between automatic and semiautomatic firearms
Skull, I know I am ignorant on the varieties of guns available, but please, try to understand my meaning.

Forum List

Back