Support your police, they need it.

Locke11_21

Democrat Party - the REAL Fascist Party
Dec 31, 2011
Bay State
What is happening to our brave police officers is far beyond nauseating and heartbreaking. They are the fine line between civility and all out chaos. Any given day could be the day the won't be returning home to their loved ones.

One way I'm going to show my appreciation for what they do, and show my respect for them is, if I see some officers dining at a restaurant I'm at, I'm paying for their meal.

We each can show our appreciation and respect for them in many ways.

God bless and protect our law enforcement officers, thank you for all you do.

What is happening to our brave police officers is far beyond nauseating and heartbreaking. They are the fine line between civility and all out chaos. Any given day could be the day the won't be returning home to their loved ones.

One way I'm going to show my appreciation for what they do, and show my respect for them is, if I see some officers dining at a restaurant I'm at, I'm paying for their meal.

What about black people they murder? Many of them don't return home to their loved ones, either.

This thread is about giving police officers the support they need right now, Lakota. It isn't about blaming 99.9% of the police officers for what .1% did way back when. I believe there are more honest police officers in America than there are preachers! These men chose to become police officers because they love America and have a heart to serve others. They lay their lives on the line every single day they walk out the front door of their house to go to work.

I thank God for the law enforcement officers in our country. You should too.

What about black people they murder? Many of them don't return home to their loved ones, either.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

I think it has been about 15 years since our PD lost an officer in the line of duty and that guy was going about twice the speed limit down a road in the middle of the night and lost control of his car.

13754252_1650134101981460_6652321666574596745_n.jpg

Pence says stop demeaning police...
icon_cool.gif

Stop Using ‘Every Opportunity to Demean Law Enforcement’
October 5, 2016 – At the vice presidential debate at Longwood University in Farmville, Va., Tuesday, GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence said there should be a “complete and transparent investigation” whenever someone is killed because of police action, but he chastised Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and her running mate of seizing “every opportunity to demean law enforcement” by accusing them of “implicit bias” when there is a tragedy.
“We ought to assure the public that we'll have a full and complete and transparent investigation whenever there's a loss of life because of police action, but, Senator, please, you know, enough of this seeking every opportunity to demean law enforcement broadly by making the accusation of implicit bias every time tragedy occurs,” Pence said. Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine said communities and police are made safer through “community policing,” adding that Clinton also has a “comprehensive mental health reform package” and will “fight the scourge of gun violence.” “The way you make communities safer and the way you make police safer is through community policing. You build the bonds between the community and the police force, build bonds of understanding, and then when people feel comfortable in their communities, that gap between the police and the communities they serve narrows,” Kaine said. “And when that gap narrows, it's safer for the communities, and it's safer for the police. That model still works across our country, but there are some other models that don't work – an overly aggressive, more militarized model,” said Kaine, criticizing GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump’s call for “more stop-and-frisk” policing nationwide.

“That would be a big mistake, because it polarizes the relationship between the police and the community,” Kaine said. Kaine, “a gun owner” and self-proclaimed “strong Second Amendment supporter,” recalled the mass shooting at Virginia Tech University while he was governor, saying “that painful situation” revealed “gaps in the background record check system” that could have been prevented. “So we're going to work to do things like close background record checks, and if we do, we won't have the tragedies that we did,” Kaine added. Pence said he and Trump will give the police “the resources and tools” they need to “restore law and order.” “Police officers are the best of us, and the men and women, white, African-American, Asian, Latino, Hispanic, they put their lives on the line every single day. And let me say, at the risk of agreeing with you, community policing is a great idea. It's worked in the Hoosier state, and we fully support that,” Pence said.

Police “also hear the bad mouthing that comes from people that seize upon tragedy in the wake of police action shootings as a reason to use a broad brush to accuse law enforcement of implicit bias or institutional racism,” Pence said, “and that really has got to stop.” Pence then referenced the shooting of Keith Lamont Scott in Charlotte, N.C., saying the officer involved in his shooting was “an African-American police officer in Charlotte named Brentley Vinson,” who followed his father into law enforcement. “It was a tragedy,” Pence said. “We mourn with those who mourn. We grieve with those who grieve, and we’re saddened at the loss of life, but Hillary Clinton actually referred to that moment as an example of implicit bias in the police force. “When she was asked in the debate a week ago whether there was implicit bias in law enforcement, her only answer was that there's implicit bias in everyone in the United States,” Pence said. “I just think what we ought to do is we ought to stop seizing on these moments of tragedy. “We ought to assure the public that we'll have a full and complete and transparent investigation whenever there's a loss of life because of police action, but, Senator, please, you know, enough of this seeking every opportunity to demean law enforcement broadly by making the accusation of implicit bias every time tragedy occurs,” Pence added.

The moderator, CBS News correspondent Elaine Quijano, asked Pence about Sen. Tim Scott’s (R-S.C.) personal account on the Senate floor of being stopped by law enforcement seven times in one year. “He said, ‘I have felt the anger, the frustration, the sadness, and the humiliation that comes with feeling like you're being targeted for nothing more than being just yourself.’ What would you say to Senator Scott about his experiences?” Quijana asked. “Well, I have the deepest respect for Senator Scott, and he's a close friend. And what I would say is that we need to adopt criminal justice reform nationally. I signed criminal justice reform in the state of Indiana, Senator, and we're very proud of it,” said Pence, adding that he worked on “a second chance act” while he was in Congress. “We have got to do a better job recognizing and correcting the errors in the system that do reflect on institutional bias in criminal justice, but what Donald Trump and I are saying is let's not have the reflex of assuming the worst of men and women in law enforcement. We truly do believe that law enforcement is not a force for racism or division in our country,” Pence added.

Pence: Stop Using ‘Every Opportunity to Demean Law Enforcement’

This thread is about giving police officers the support they need right now, Lakota. It isn't about blaming 99.9% of the police officers for what .1% did way back when. I believe there are more honest police officers in America than there are preachers! These men chose to become police officers because they love America and have a heart to serve others. They lay their lives on the line every single day they walk out the front door of their house to go to work.

I thank God for the law enforcement officers in our country. You should too.

I will agree that 99.9% of police officers ARE doing their jobs.

And the .1% who are shooting black children playing with toys, choking street merchants to death, etc. are making the rest look bad.

So is the 99.9% of officers who aren't doing the bad things, but look the other way when the .1% do.

Forum List

Back