Supreme Court Allows Semi Automatic Gun Ban

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
So all you crazy gun people who think that anyone should be able to get any sort of weapon they want have been told by supreme court you can't have semi automatic guns if they're outlawed where you live.

They also upheld limits on the amount of bullets you can have in a magazine too.

I hope the ban and limits rolls across the nation and those deadly weapons are illegal in as many states as possible.

Supreme Court rejects challenge to assault weapon ban - AOL

So all you crazy gun people who think that anyone should be able to get any sort of weapon they want have been told by supreme court you can't have semi automatic guns if they're outlawed where you live.

They also upheld limits on the amount of bullets you can have in a magazine too.

I hope the ban and limits rolls across the nation and those deadly weapons are illegal in as many states as possible.

The denied review, which is not the same. They may be waiting for a more clear case, or they may be waiting to tackle another 2nd amendment issue before this one. Also 2 justices said they case SHOULD have been heard.

How about you actually read the articles you post?

The denied review, which is not the same. They may be waiting for a more clear case, or they may be waiting to tackle another 2nd amendment issue before this one. Also 2 justices said they case SHOULD have been heard.

By not taking the case they have allowed the ban to continue.

The gun nuts lost. Reasonable people won.

So that ban stands and there's nothing you can do about it.

You can make up all the reasons you want for their rejecting this case but just saying something doesn't make it true.

What they may or may not do isn't the point.

The point is what they actually did do which was reject this case and allowed the ban to stand.

Good ol' Clarence took time out from sexually harassing his assistant to write a dissenting opinion. This is something he has had a lot of experience doing.

That's okay.....don't have any.

The SCOTUS is loathe to take cases concerning state/municipal authority, and refusing to review is not a final ruling. Another case will surface that will be more defining.

In Virginia, municipalities cannot override state law, which makes things much simpler.

You can make up all the reasons you want for their rejecting this case but just saying something doesn't make it true.

The point is what they actually did do which was reject this case and allowed the ban to stand.

it doesn't stop people from bringing more lawsuits, and one that is better constructed can still reach the SC.

And it still doesn't change the fact that the implementing of said bans in unconstitutional, rights being inherent, and not dictated by enumeration, as I have been told by progressives over and over.

How about we limit women to 10 abortions max, or limit freedom of speech when it is exercised using a smart phone? That's the type of limits you are alluding to with 'scary gun bans".

I am also waiting for the police to limit themselves to the same bans, as they have no more rights than the rest of us.

There is something about an idiot with a clown avatar calling those with a dissenting opinion nuts that shows his opinion is immaterial.

I thought liberals weren't after Americas guns?
So which is it?

it doesn't stop people from bringing more lawsuits, and one that is better constructed can still reach the SC.

And it still doesn't change the fact that the implementing of said bans in unconstitutional, rights being inherent, and not dictated by enumeration, as I have been told by progressives over and over.

How about we limit women to 10 abortions max, or limit freedom of speech when it is exercised using a smart phone? That's the type of limits you are alluding to with 'scary gun bans".

I am also waiting for the police to limit themselves to the same bans, as they have no more rights than the rest of us.

Where does it say in the COTUS the AGE at which you start to exercise said rights.

Used to be hand gun purchases were 18. Then it went to 21. At the Federal level.

What do most mass killers have in common other than being fucking crazy? Men under 30 who bought guns legally.

Raise the age that men can buy guns to 30.

Exclude military and police

Young men could still hunt target shoot etc.

They just couldnt buy guns till they were 30.

Watch the mass killings drop.

Raising the age has been done before. And the COTUS says NOTHING about age in the 2A.

Where does it say in the COTUS the AGE at which you start to exercise said rights.

Used to be hand gun purchases were 18. Then it went to 21. At the Federal level.

What do most mass killers have in common other than being fucking crazy? Men under 30 who bought guns legally.

Raising the age has been done before. And the COTUS says NOTHING about age in the 2A.

Murder is already illegal.
What makes you think banning guns for those under thirty is going to do when those who are committing these murders are willing to break the law?

And you left out the biggest similarity of those who commit murder...they are inner city blacks pulling the trigger.

If you can fight and vote at 18, I don't understand why you can't drink, smoke or buy a gun at 18. The 21 year old drinking age was ANOTHER end run around the constitution, forced on the States via highway funding ignoring the 21st amendment.

You have missed the point on this one.
It is not about anyone should be able to get any sort of weapon.
It's about having a gazillion amount of gun laws already and many are not being enforced.

Forum List

Back