Supreme Court fails to correct Fourth Circuit's imposition of Islam

The "biblical worldview" thing is a notion of fundamentalist Christians. It is sectarian.

The issue is individual liberty, the perspective of the individual, you mindless conformist, you statist bootlick. What don't you understand about the inalienable rights of each and every individual?

Lysistrata summarized: Collectivist think. Group think. Mob think. Leftist think. Statist think.

Who or what beat the liberty out of you? Was it your mommy? The state schools? Popular culture?

So you are afraid of people who think for themselves? Sorry, sicko. I think that you are trying to turn Americans of all faiths and no faith into cookie-cutter conformists led by the likes of frankie graham, jeffress, timmy dolan. You sound like you follow these monkeys.

you got something against the idea of a
"STATE RELIGION" Lysie? I kinda agree that our school children should be taught that the concept of a "state religion" STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN and is the creation of vile and
disgusting people. A school quiz could include such "fill in the blanks" as-----"name five vile and disgusting nations that profess a state religion and recognize and implement a specific religious code of law"

Lysistrata has absolutely nothing against state religions. He would that the public education system be the state's church and that secular humanism be the state's religion imposed in the state schools.

Okay, actually looking at this case from Credible sources.

The lesson in dispute lasted five days in a year-long course when Wood was in 11th grade at La Plata High School in 2014-2015. Wood and her parents objected to two aspects of the unit that touched on politics, geography and culture. One was a slide contrasting “peaceful Islam” with “radical fundamental Islam” that included the statement: “Most Muslim’s [sic] faith is stronger than the average Christian.”

Wood was also required to complete a work sheet on the growth of Islam, the “beliefs and practices,” and the links between Islam, Judaism and Christianity. A fill-in-the-blank section included the statement: “There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah,” a portion of an Islamic declaration of faith known as the shahada

Wow. Actually understanding on a rudimentary level what Muslims believe. We can't have that! We all need to be like Sour Sue and believe any crap we read on Pam Geller's Hate Site.

Hogwash! You're prejudicially ignoring the actual argument of the plaintive.

Christian Student Forced to Write Islamic Conversion Creed Appeals Case to Supreme Court
Headshot-2.sized-50x50xf.png

BY TYLER O'NEIL

Though I adamantly disagree with O'Neil relative to the ultimate imperative of natural and constitutional law, he does zero in on the immediate problem with the failure of the Supreme Court to correct the Fourth Circuit, as the latter did indeed contradict the precedent of Abington School District v. Schempp (1963).

Read this article and educate yourself on the historical background and context.

You are a moron who has a very limited vocabulary. Try using something other than right-wing hysterical jargon. Please specify which Christian sect you are in. If you want your kids to have an education in your sect, why don't you send them to a sect school?

There is no such thing as "natural and constitutional law" requiring anything to do with education. If you don't like what the public has to offer, you are free to choose alternatives. Are you so ignorant that you do not know that people home-school their kids or send them to religious-operated schools?

BTW: what is so wrong with public schools? What would you like to see in the curriculum in public schools?

My children are homeschooled by two summa cum laude graduates. Granted we received that honor from state schools of middling rank, but, still, not too bad for students who worked in their families' struggling businesses after school and were hobbled by right-wing jargon.

As for the thought expressed in this garbled sentence: "There is no such thing as 'natural and constitutional law' requiring anything to do with education."

So your theory is that the state can impose whatever educratic regime it pleases on the people, can just violate parental consent and authority at will?

Oh, wait! You're a statist bootlick. Of course that's what you believe.
So your theory is that the state can impose whatever educratic regime it pleases on the people, can just violate parental consent and authority at will?

that is what the state is ringtone, all the people including yourself whether you like it or not. the state allows for the fanatical decision you have subjected your family too, taking it to the next level is where this country so far has yet to be enfeebled into the abyss.

as history attests -

upload_2019-10-27_20-16-9.jpeg

for you to be happy, see crosses instead of the z's

As to your article there: as usual a very good read, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Students, especially young children, cannot discover "knowledge" if they are ignorant, generally. I don't mean "ignorant" as a slam, btw, I mean they must be taught basic knowledge, skills and facts. I have no problem with this. At the same time, simply drilling them on these all the livelong day is a waste of their human potential. They must also then learn to APPLY what they have learned in the real world. To create, problem solve, etc. So really a balanced view is best--the "sage on the stage" teaches, and when the students have gained necessary knowledge and skills, "the guide on the side" is there to advise.

My wife and I use Hirsch's system. With the right approach, the acquisition of knowledge in and of itself entails creative, problem solving thought and an exponentially growing body of knowledge to boot. I see the acquisition of knowledge and creative, problem solving thought as the same thing.

Supreme Court rejects case of Christian teen forced to write Islamic conversion prayer
10/25/19
Lauren Green

Excerpt:

One of the religious liberty cases the Supreme Court Justices won't be hearing this term is the issue of Maryland High School student Caleigh Wood, who refused to take part in a school assignment to write the Islamic conversion prayer that states “… there is no god but Allah,” because she believed it directly contradicted her Christian faith.

[. . .]

Thompson said that on top of getting an F in the class, Wood was also made to watch a pro-Islam “PowerPoint presentation that denigrated her religion and basically said that Christians are not as faithful as Muslims. So we strongly believed that this was a violation.”

Supreme Court rejects case of Christian teen forced to write Islamic conversion prayer
Another reason why universal school choice is the only solution consistent with natural and constitutional law.
Or keep ALL religion out of schools
Was this young person asked to convert while in school? If she is a Christian she should know all about Islam they sprang from the same fountain that is Judaism. Jews Muslims and Christians all disavow each other while worshipping the same God. I'm really impressed …. Not

Bullshit.... were the roles reversed and the religions reversed the decision would also have been reversed.

This nation leans against Christianity in a very biased way and for some reason has embraced the horror of sharia.

Not that it will catch on permanently.
The Muslims tried that crap in China and now the Chinese are throwing them through a meat grinder one by one.

It will probably happen here eventually too.

Jo

10/25/19
Lauren Green

Excerpt:

One of the religious liberty cases the Supreme Court Justices won't be hearing this term is the issue of Maryland High School student Caleigh Wood, who refused to take part in a school assignment to write the Islamic conversion prayer that states “… there is no god but Allah,” because she believed it directly contradicted her Christian faith.

[. . .]

Thompson said that on top of getting an F in the class, Wood was also made to watch a pro-Islam “PowerPoint presentation that denigrated her religion and basically said that Christians are not as faithful as Muslims. So we strongly believed that this was a violation.”

Another reason why universal school choice is the only solution consistent with natural and constitutional law.
Or keep ALL religion out of schools
Was this young person asked to convert while in school? If she is a Christian she should know all about Islam they sprang from the same fountain that is Judaism. Jews Muslims and Christians all disavow each other while worshipping the same God. I'm really impressed …. Not

Bullshit.... were the roles reversed and the religions reversed the decision would also have been reversed.

This nation leans against Christianity in a very biased way and for some reason has embraced the horror of sharia.

Not that it will catch on permanently.
The Muslims tried that crap in China and now the Chinese are throwing them through a meat grinder one by one.

It will probably happen here eventually too.

Jo
Still say religion causes more trouble in school than it is worth.

You are a moron who has a very limited vocabulary. Try using something other than right-wing hysterical jargon. Please specify which Christian sect you are in. If you want your kids to have an education in your sect, why don't you send them to a sect school?

There is no such thing as "natural and constitutional law" requiring anything to do with education. If you don't like what the public has to offer, you are free to choose alternatives. Are you so ignorant that you do not know that people home-school their kids or send them to religious-operated schools?

BTW: what is so wrong with public schools? What would you like to see in the curriculum in public schools?

My children are homeschooled by two summa cum laude graduates. Granted we received that honor from state schools of middling rank, but, still, not too bad for students who worked in their families' struggling businesses after school and were hobbled by right-wing jargon.

As for the thought expressed in this garbled sentence: "There is no such thing as 'natural and constitutional law' requiring anything to do with education."

Oh, wait! You're a statist bootlick. Of course that's what you believe.

"Statist"? That's hilarious. Where did you pick up the "natural and constitutional law" bit? It's horseshit.

As to your article there: as usual a very good read, and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Students, especially young children, cannot discover "knowledge" if they are ignorant, generally. I don't mean "ignorant" as a slam, btw, I mean they must be taught basic knowledge, skills and facts. I have no problem with this. At the same time, simply drilling them on these all the livelong day is a waste of their human potential. They must also then learn to APPLY what they have learned in the real world. To create, problem solve, etc. So really a balanced view is best--the "sage on the stage" teaches, and when the students have gained necessary knowledge and skills, "the guide on the side" is there to advise.

My wife and I use Hirsch's system. With the right approach, the acquisition of knowledge in and of itself entails creative, problem solving thought and an exponentially growing body of knowledge to boot. I see the acquisition of knowledge and creative, problem solving thought as the same thing.

Yes, the "acquisition of knowledge entails......an exponentially growing body of knowledge". Whether that automatically leads to creative problem solving is another matter altogether, and depends on a lot of other factors.

Hogwash! You're prejudicially ignoring the actual argument of the plaintive.

It's a stupid argument. It was a question on a test, NOT a declaration of faith.

Even the Knuckle Draggers on SCOTUS thought it was stupid.

that is what the state is ringtone, all the people including yourself whether you like it or not. the state allows for the fanatical decision you have subjected your family too, taking it to the next level is where this country so far has yet to be enfeebled into the abyss.

Yawn.. they made a girl take a test and not defy her teacher....

get over yourselves.

Yes, the "acquisition of knowledge entails......an exponentially growing body of knowledge". Whether that automatically leads to creative problem solving is another matter altogether, and depends on a lot of other factors.

Oh, please. Our messed up education system is based on teaching to tests... this is why these kids go into college not knowing anything

It is also true that--thank GOD--NY is not America. In fact, I have been to over half of US states and NY is the ONLY US city so far I never, ever want to visit again. I barely recognized my country there. Sadly.

Too many Darkies there, amiright?

There are more "Darkies" living on my street than I saw in Manhattan you jerk. No. I hated that it was all concrete, noisy all the time and the people were rude as heck

There are more "Darkies" living on my street than I saw in Manhattan you jerk. No. I hated that it was all concrete, noisy all the time and the people were rude as heck

Okay, you go with that... Sour Sue.

Just remember, Zombie Jesus hates gays and Mexicans, just like you do.

Okay, you go with that... Sour Sue.

Just remember, Zombie Jesus hates gays and Mexicans, just like you do.

Make smarter arguments Joe. Or at least try for a new thought every once in a great while.

Make smarter arguments Joe. Or at least try for a new thought every once in a great while.

I think it speaks for itself... that you guys think that Donald Trump is an instrument of God because he hates the people you hate...

Stop projecting your hate Joe

Again, no projection, Sour Sue.

The tragic thing about you MAGA Nazis is you KNOW that your standard of living has declined in the last 40 years. That the current generation of White Working Class folks don't have the good lifestyle their grandparents enjoyed.

You just don't understand why... even when someone like me explains it to you.

Instead, Trump (or whatever Republican) gives you someone to mindlessly blame, and you chow down.

you hate the Chinese worker, not the rich One Percenter who decided to close that factory and move it to China.

you hate the Undocumented Immigrant, not the rich One Percenter who won't pay an American a fair wage to gut a chicken.

You hate the gay couple, not the One Percenter who forced a family to work multiple jobs to the point they have no time for family.

It's a wonderful case of misdirected rage. And you keep falling for it.

"The public-school system is being provided by the taxpayers as a gift to all children and parents, ..."

How much of a gift is it if American schoolchildren can't compete with other nation's kids when tested???

"In fourth grade, American students outperform most other countries in reading, math and science. Fourth-graders score in the 92nd percentile in science, the 58th percentile in math and the 70th percentile in reading, where they beat 26 of 35 countries, including Germany, France and Italy. But by the eighth grade, American students are only midrange in international comparisons. By the 12th grade Americans fall from the 92nd percentile in science to the 29th percentile. While American fourth-graders are bested only by South Korea and Japan in science, by 12th grade, the only countries the American students can beat are Lithuania, Cyprus and South Africa."
Coulter, "Godless"

BTW....Public school teachers are more likely than others of their income to send their children to private school.

I agree that our curriculum needs to be strengthened. But you are arguing something completely different. You want public schools to be set up to cater to a certain sectarian religious orientation at the expense of everyone else, which in many ways goes against academic excellence because some religions are against teaching their children things like science, geography, world history and culture, and languages. Do you think that some twits cramming "creationism" into kids' minds is going to make them competitive globally?

"You want public schools to be set up to cater to a certain sectarian religious orientation at the expense of everyone else, which in many ways goes against academic excellence because some religions are against teaching their children things like science, geography, world history and culture, and languages. Do you think that some twits cramming "creationism" into kids' minds is going to make them competitive globally?"

I understand why you'd like to pretend that, create a straw man, but what I would like is teaching and learning.

As government schooling is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc., and the failure is glaring under their auspices, I would simply like to see Liberals/Democrats/Progressives restricted from control of education.

Objective and standardized testing is the only fair way to pay teacher's salaries and bonuses.

Excellent teachers love learning, care deeply about student learning and will, over time, show that their students' learn. I agree with you there. The dispute comes in how you define and demonstrate that learning. You cannot hold teachers accountable for that which they cannot control. Students who live in traumatic situations are just not going to learn as much, as fast, as students who do not. This is not opinion; it is brain chemistry. You cannot hold teachers accountable for brain chemistry. Here is just one of many articles which explains this altered brain chemistry:

Stress and the Developing Brain

Learning can absolutely be measured by objective measures. Those measures are very rarely bubble tests for any of us. Most people who love bubble tests are either politicians or real estate agents. Bubble tests are for school only; they have little to no application in the "real world". Applying knowledge, with creativity, in the "real world" is exactly why China is attempting to move AWAY from standardized tests:

The Chinese Curse. Is America Next? - THE DAILY RIFF - Be Smarter. About Education.

"You cannot hold teachers accountable for that which they cannot control."

I haven't made it so succinctly, but that is exactly my message, time and again.

It is the Liberal control of the system that is responsible for both the aim at indoctrination, and at the lack of real education.

1. Control is by those who follow the communist John Dewey and the communist Paulo Freire, who never intends “pedagogy” to refer to any method of classroom instruction based on analysis and research, or to any means of producing higher academic achievement for students. [H]e relies on Marx’s standard formulation that “the class struggle necessarily leads to the dictatorship of the proletariat [and] this dictatorship only constitutes the transition to the abolition of all classes and to a classless society.” In one footnote, however, Freire does mention a society that has actually realized the “permanent liberation” he seeks: it “appears to be the fundamental aspect of Mao’s Cultural Revolution.”

2. The “Massachusetts miracle,” in which Bay State students’ soaring test scores broke records, was the direct consequence of the state legislature’s passage of the 1993 Education Reform Act, which established knowledge-based standards for all grades and a rigorous testing system linked to the new standards. And those standards, Massachusetts reformers have acknowledged, are Hirsch’s legacy.

In the new millennium, Massachusetts students have surged upward on the biennial National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)—“the nation’s report card,” as education scholars call it. On the 2005 NAEP tests, Massachusetts ranked first in the nation in fourth- and eighth-grade reading and fourth- and eighth-grade math. It then repeated the feat in 2007. No state had ever scored first in both grades and both subjects in a single year—let alone for two consecutive test cycles. On another reliable test, the Trends in International Math and Science Studies, the state’s fourth-graders last year ranked second globally in science and third in math, while the eighth-graders tied for first in science and placed sixth in math. (States can volunteer, as Massachusetts did, to have their students compared with national averages.) The United States as a whole finished tenth. E. D. Hirsch’s Curriculum for Democracy

I think you are seeing the whole of American education through some strange lens that is Brooklyn or Queens or whatever uber-liberal NY lens you live in. It is absolutely true that some areas of the US have been entirely given over to the worst of "liberal indoctrination".

It is also true that--thank GOD--NY is not America. In fact, I have been to over half of US states and NY is the ONLY US city so far I never, ever want to visit again. I barely recognized my country there. Sadly.

It's nation-wide.

1. "Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal A third-grade teacher at a public school in New Jersey is under fire after she encouraged her students to write letters to notorious convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who recently fell ill in prison.

Marylin Zuniga teaches language arts and social studies at Forest Street School in Orange, N.J."

Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal

2. - School's Nation of Islam Handout Paints Founding Fathers as Racists

"School's Nation of Islam Handout Paints Founding Fathers as Racists
The mother of an eight-year-old wants to know why a Tennessee school teacher gave her child a handout from the Nation of Islam that portrayed the presidents on Mount Rushmore as being racists.

Sommer Bauer tells me her son was given The Nation of Islam handout at Harold McCormick Elementary School in Elizabethton. The handout asked “What does it take to be on Mount Rushmore?"

The handout then explains that George Washington hailed from Virginia, a “prime breeder of black people.” Of Theodore Roosevelt, it was alleged he called Africans “ape-like.” There were also disparaging remarks made of Thomas Jefferson (he enslaved 200 Africans) and Abraham Lincoln.

The teacher also told Sommer that her son was not supposed to take the Nation of Islam handout home. It was supposed to stay in the classroom. That bit of news caused her great alarm.

“The fact that students were cautioned against allowing their parents to see anything is deeply troubling,” West told me. “The only reasonable explanation is they don’t want parents to know what it is their children are learning.”

So what’s the bottom line?

“We had a teacher who apparently never looked at something, never read something, before it was distributed to a class of third graders,” West said. “In addition, she warned the students not to take it home.”

That does seem a bit odd.

I’ve interviewed Sommer at least a half dozen times. Her story has remained consistent. The teacher gave Sommer two explanations for what happened in the classroom. The superintendent gave me a third.

I find it hard to believe an 8-year-old boy would steal a handout from a teacher’s desk, bring it home and then concoct an elaborate tale to cover up the crime."

3. "...many parents of children in public schools are deeply concerned, wondering if they should keep their kids in public school or just get out now.

For these parents, the transgender agenda is the game-changer. Under pressure from transgender activists, progressive politicians, teacher unions, and the education establishment, and despite parents’ opposition, America’s public schools are capitulating to ideologues and implementing the radical transgender agenda with full force.

...regardless of biological sex, .... Activists want every child, from kindergarten on, to learn that “sex” is something “assigned at birth” rather than a biological reality. They want children to think that individuals get to choose their own “gender identity” (not limited to male or female), and that everyone else must affirm that “gender identity” as true.

...nothing that parents (or teachers) can do to prevent the schools from imposing policies designed to indoctrinate children with gender ideology.

....“political scientists and foreign policy experts have used the term deep state for years to describe individuals and institutions who exercise power independent of—and sometimes over—civilian political leaders.” In public education, the “deep state” describes a coalition of various groups – including teachers’ unions, progressive advocacy groups, major corporations, and philanthropists --that work together to promote the progressive worldview..."
America’s Public Education System: The Ultimate Deep State

4. The National Education Association approved a new "business item" expressing support for abortion access during its annual conference in Houston.

"[T]he NEA will include an assertion of our defense of a person's right to control their own body, especially for women, youth, and sexually marginalized people," the resolution states. "The NEA vigorously opposes all attacks on the right to choose and stands on the fundamental right to abortion under Roe v. Wade."

The NEA is the largest teachers' union in the U.S. with more than 3 million members. It collected nearly $400 million from American educators in 2018, according to federal labor filings. The union is also one of the most politically active in the country, spending $70 million on politics and lobbying in 2017 and 2018. Nearly all of the union's political action committee spending went to Democrats during the midterm cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

NEA's 2019 adopted New Business Items (NBIs) reveal what savvy teachers have known for decades: state and national teachers' unions are essentially the political action committee of the Far-Left,"
Largest U.S. Teachers' Union Endorses Abortion

5. the 20-minute video being shown in American classrooms entitled The

Story of Stuff; a catchy title to appeal to grade school kids. This piece of anti-capitalist propaganda was

put together by Greenpeace member Annie Leonard.

6. NYC schools allow kids to go on #ClimateStrike
“TEN YEARS. We have ten years to save the planet,” Mayor Bill de Blasio cautioned in a tweet. “Today’s leaders are making decisions for our environment that our kids will have to live with. New York City stands with our young people. They’re our conscience. We support the 9/20 #ClimateStrike.”

Legions of adolescent activists across the globe are expected to demand immediate action to combat climate change in advance of a major UN conference on the issue next week.

As long as mom and dad sanction their principled truancy, absent kids won’t have attendance records dinged, the DOE said.

The September 20th event will feature Sweden’s “Climate Crisis” sweetheart, 16-year old Greta Thunberg.

Teen activist and Swedish sensation Greta Thunberg, who recently docked her zero-emissions sailboat in New York, will speak at the event which will snake its way through lower Manhattan to Battery Park.

Kids with parental permission to attend will be granted excused absences from school, Education Department officials tweeted Thursday.

The infamous “Green New Deal” will be promoted as well.

The New York City climate strike is backed by more than 100 environmental and political activist groups and other institutions, including New York Communities for Change, The New School and the Sierra Club.

The protesters’ demands include a “Green New Deal” that would end fossil fuel extraction and move the nation onto entirely renewable energy sources by 2030. Green New Deal policies have been backed by the likes of U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Personally, if I were one of the kids, I might argue about going to school at all. After all, if the Earth only has 10 more years before we are going to die, wouldn’t it be better to spend the time having fun or spending quality time with family?

On the other hand, if the New York City school officials were really invested in solving the climate crisis, wouldn’t they emphasize science and math? Perhaps keeping the kids in school and having them conduct experiments or perform calculations would inspire an interest in real climate science.

One theory that seems to prove true and is certainly consistent with what is happening with the New York City schools: When global problems are emphasized by locals, serious local matters are being ignored.

Case in point: New York state test results for third- through eighth-grade public school students are out, and the results are underwhelming.

Statewide, more than half the kids flunked yet again: Just 45.4% were deemed proficient in reading and 46.7% in math. In the city, 47.4% passed the reading test, while 45.6% got by in math.

Think the problem’s skimpy funding? Sorry: In 2017, the Empire Center’s E.J. McMahon reported in May, New York shelled out 89% more per kid than the national average. And that gap has been growing fast: In 1997, per-pupil outlays here were just 45% above average.

…In the city Thursday, Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza tried to spin the results positively. The pass rate in English, they noted, is up 0.7 percentage points — and three whole points in math.

“Growth counts for something,” Carranza insisted.

Huh? That paltry uptick is what they’re proud of? Even though more than half the kids bombed? Please.

Notably, kids in the one category of public schools de Blasio and Carranza (and their union pals) don’t run — i.e., the charters — beat their counterparts in the regular schools by more than 10 percentage points in both English and math.

At least the kids won’t be flying private jets to attend the event. That makes them substantially less hypocritical than the celebrities who will be indoctrinating them during the Manhattan event.

NYC schools allow kids to go on #ClimateStrike

7. “Fifth-grade teacher defends wearing 'Columbus was a murderer' shirt to school” Fifth-grade teacher defends wearing ‘Columbus was a murderer’ shirt to school

There is no hope for America unless the occupation of the school system by Liberals is over turned.

"The public-school system is being provided by the taxpayers as a gift to all children and parents, ..."

How much of a gift is it if American schoolchildren can't compete with other nation's kids when tested???

"In fourth grade, American students outperform most other countries in reading, math and science. Fourth-graders score in the 92nd percentile in science, the 58th percentile in math and the 70th percentile in reading, where they beat 26 of 35 countries, including Germany, France and Italy. But by the eighth grade, American students are only midrange in international comparisons. By the 12th grade Americans fall from the 92nd percentile in science to the 29th percentile. While American fourth-graders are bested only by South Korea and Japan in science, by 12th grade, the only countries the American students can beat are Lithuania, Cyprus and South Africa."
Coulter, "Godless"

BTW....Public school teachers are more likely than others of their income to send their children to private school.

I agree that our curriculum needs to be strengthened. But you are arguing something completely different. You want public schools to be set up to cater to a certain sectarian religious orientation at the expense of everyone else, which in many ways goes against academic excellence because some religions are against teaching their children things like science, geography, world history and culture, and languages. Do you think that some twits cramming "creationism" into kids' minds is going to make them competitive globally?

"You want public schools to be set up to cater to a certain sectarian religious orientation at the expense of everyone else, which in many ways goes against academic excellence because some religions are against teaching their children things like science, geography, world history and culture, and languages. Do you think that some twits cramming "creationism" into kids' minds is going to make them competitive globally?"

I understand why you'd like to pretend that, create a straw man, but what I would like is teaching and learning.

As government schooling is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc., and the failure is glaring under their auspices, I would simply like to see Liberals/Democrats/Progressives restricted from control of education.

Objective and standardized testing is the only fair way to pay teacher's salaries and bonuses.

"I would simply like to see Liberals/Democrats/Progressives restricted from control of education."
But then right-wingers/republicans/regressives/ignorants would get control of education, and then where would the U.S. be? We certainly would never be able to compete on any level. Look at the screw ups that holy betsy is committing at the education department.
Just how is "government" (funny!) schooling a "wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc."? What is "Liberalism, Inc.," anyway? What would you want changed?

The very opposite is true.....I'll prove it:

1. Control currently is by those who follow the communist John Dewey and the communist Paulo Freire, who never intends “pedagogy” to refer to any method of classroom instruction based on analysis and research, or to any means of producing higher academic achievement for students. [H]e relies on Marx’s standard formulation that “the class struggle necessarily leads to the dictatorship of the proletariat [and] this dictatorship only constitutes the transition to the abolition of all classes and to a classless society.” In one footnote, however, Freire does mention a society that has actually realized the “permanent liberation” he seeks: it “appears to be the fundamental aspect of Mao’s Cultural Revolution.”
City Journal

2. The “Massachusetts miracle,” in which Bay State students’ soaring test scores broke records, was the direct consequence of the state legislature’s passage of the 1993 Education Reform Act, which established knowledge-based standards for all grades and a rigorous testing system linked to the new standards. And those standards, Massachusetts reformers have acknowledged, are Hirsch’s legacy.

In the new millennium, Massachusetts students have surged upward on the biennial National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)—“the nation’s report card,” as education scholars call it. On the 2005 NAEP tests, Massachusetts ranked first in the nation in fourth- and eighth-grade reading and fourth- and eighth-grade math. It then repeated the feat in 2007. No state had ever scored first in both grades and both subjects in a single year—let alone for two consecutive test cycles. On another reliable test, the Trends in International Math and Science Studies, the state’s fourth-graders last year ranked second globally in science and third in math, while the eighth-graders tied for first in science and placed sixth in math. (States can volunteer, as Massachusetts did, to have their students compared with national averages.) The United States as a whole finished tenth. E. D. Hirsch’s Curriculum for Democracy

How does this apply to current public education? What do you find objectionable that actually is being done in public schools and want to see changed? Do you want to see more rote learning? An end to encouraging students to ask questions and develop their own ideas?

This:

1. "Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal A third-grade teacher at a public school in New Jersey is under fire after she encouraged her students to write letters to notorious convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who recently fell ill in prison.

Marylin Zuniga teaches language arts and social studies at Forest Street School in Orange, N.J."

Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal

2. - School's Nation of Islam Handout Paints Founding Fathers as Racists

"School's Nation of Islam Handout Paints Founding Fathers as Racists
The mother of an eight-year-old wants to know why a Tennessee school teacher gave her child a handout from the Nation of Islam that portrayed the presidents on Mount Rushmore as being racists.

Sommer Bauer tells me her son was given The Nation of Islam handout at Harold McCormick Elementary School in Elizabethton. The handout asked “What does it take to be on Mount Rushmore?"

The handout then explains that George Washington hailed from Virginia, a “prime breeder of black people.” Of Theodore Roosevelt, it was alleged he called Africans “ape-like.” There were also disparaging remarks made of Thomas Jefferson (he enslaved 200 Africans) and Abraham Lincoln.

The teacher also told Sommer that her son was not supposed to take the Nation of Islam handout home. It was supposed to stay in the classroom. That bit of news caused her great alarm.

“The fact that students were cautioned against allowing their parents to see anything is deeply troubling,” West told me. “The only reasonable explanation is they don’t want parents to know what it is their children are learning.”

So what’s the bottom line?

“We had a teacher who apparently never looked at something, never read something, before it was distributed to a class of third graders,” West said. “In addition, she warned the students not to take it home.”

That does seem a bit odd.

I’ve interviewed Sommer at least a half dozen times. Her story has remained consistent. The teacher gave Sommer two explanations for what happened in the classroom. The superintendent gave me a third.

I find it hard to believe an 8-year-old boy would steal a handout from a teacher’s desk, bring it home and then concoct an elaborate tale to cover up the crime."

3. "...many parents of children in public schools are deeply concerned, wondering if they should keep their kids in public school or just get out now.

For these parents, the transgender agenda is the game-changer. Under pressure from transgender activists, progressive politicians, teacher unions, and the education establishment, and despite parents’ opposition, America’s public schools are capitulating to ideologues and implementing the radical transgender agenda with full force.

...regardless of biological sex, .... Activists want every child, from kindergarten on, to learn that “sex” is something “assigned at birth” rather than a biological reality. They want children to think that individuals get to choose their own “gender identity” (not limited to male or female), and that everyone else must affirm that “gender identity” as true.

...nothing that parents (or teachers) can do to prevent the schools from imposing policies designed to indoctrinate children with gender ideology.

....“political scientists and foreign policy experts have used the term deep state for years to describe individuals and institutions who exercise power independent of—and sometimes over—civilian political leaders.” In public education, the “deep state” describes a coalition of various groups – including teachers’ unions, progressive advocacy groups, major corporations, and philanthropists --that work together to promote the progressive worldview..."
America’s Public Education System: The Ultimate Deep State

4. The National Education Association approved a new "business item" expressing support for abortion access during its annual conference in Houston.

"[T]he NEA will include an assertion of our defense of a person's right to control their own body, especially for women, youth, and sexually marginalized people," the resolution states. "The NEA vigorously opposes all attacks on the right to choose and stands on the fundamental right to abortion under Roe v. Wade."

The NEA is the largest teachers' union in the U.S. with more than 3 million members. It collected nearly $400 million from American educators in 2018, according to federal labor filings. The union is also one of the most politically active in the country, spending $70 million on politics and lobbying in 2017 and 2018. Nearly all of the union's political action committee spending went to Democrats during the midterm cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

NEA's 2019 adopted New Business Items (NBIs) reveal what savvy teachers have known for decades: state and national teachers' unions are essentially the political action committee of the Far-Left,"
Largest U.S. Teachers' Union Endorses Abortion

5. the 20-minute video being shown in American classrooms entitled The

Story of Stuff; a catchy title to appeal to grade school kids. This piece of anti-capitalist propaganda was

put together by Greenpeace member Annie Leonard.

6. NYC schools allow kids to go on #ClimateStrike
“TEN YEARS. We have ten years to save the planet,” Mayor Bill de Blasio cautioned in a tweet. “Today’s leaders are making decisions for our environment that our kids will have to live with. New York City stands with our young people. They’re our conscience. We support the 9/20 #ClimateStrike.”

Legions of adolescent activists across the globe are expected to demand immediate action to combat climate change in advance of a major UN conference on the issue next week.

As long as mom and dad sanction their principled truancy, absent kids won’t have attendance records dinged, the DOE said.

The September 20th event will feature Sweden’s “Climate Crisis” sweetheart, 16-year old Greta Thunberg.

Teen activist and Swedish sensation Greta Thunberg, who recently docked her zero-emissions sailboat in New York, will speak at the event which will snake its way through lower Manhattan to Battery Park.

Kids with parental permission to attend will be granted excused absences from school, Education Department officials tweeted Thursday.

The infamous “Green New Deal” will be promoted as well.

The New York City climate strike is backed by more than 100 environmental and political activist groups and other institutions, including New York Communities for Change, The New School and the Sierra Club.

The protesters’ demands include a “Green New Deal” that would end fossil fuel extraction and move the nation onto entirely renewable energy sources by 2030. Green New Deal policies have been backed by the likes of U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Personally, if I were one of the kids, I might argue about going to school at all. After all, if the Earth only has 10 more years before we are going to die, wouldn’t it be better to spend the time having fun or spending quality time with family?

On the other hand, if the New York City school officials were really invested in solving the climate crisis, wouldn’t they emphasize science and math? Perhaps keeping the kids in school and having them conduct experiments or perform calculations would inspire an interest in real climate science.

One theory that seems to prove true and is certainly consistent with what is happening with the New York City schools: When global problems are emphasized by locals, serious local matters are being ignored.

Case in point: New York state test results for third- through eighth-grade public school students are out, and the results are underwhelming.

Statewide, more than half the kids flunked yet again: Just 45.4% were deemed proficient in reading and 46.7% in math. In the city, 47.4% passed the reading test, while 45.6% got by in math.

Think the problem’s skimpy funding? Sorry: In 2017, the Empire Center’s E.J. McMahon reported in May, New York shelled out 89% more per kid than the national average. And that gap has been growing fast: In 1997, per-pupil outlays here were just 45% above average.

…In the city Thursday, Mayor Bill de Blasio and Schools Chancellor Richard Carranza tried to spin the results positively. The pass rate in English, they noted, is up 0.7 percentage points — and three whole points in math.

“Growth counts for something,” Carranza insisted.

Huh? That paltry uptick is what they’re proud of? Even though more than half the kids bombed? Please.

Notably, kids in the one category of public schools de Blasio and Carranza (and their union pals) don’t run — i.e., the charters — beat their counterparts in the regular schools by more than 10 percentage points in both English and math.

At least the kids won’t be flying private jets to attend the event. That makes them substantially less hypocritical than the celebrities who will be indoctrinating them during the Manhattan event.

NYC schools allow kids to go on #ClimateStrike

7. “Fifth-grade teacher defends wearing 'Columbus was a murderer' shirt to school” Fifth-grade teacher defends wearing ‘Columbus was a murderer’ shirt to school

Your sort must be expunged from any role in the schools.

Too many Darkies there, amiright?

I love how Coulter put you virtue-signalers in their place:

"Thrilled with their role as ‘white friend-of-the-blacks,’ many found that they could actually make a living at it! The part requires sneering at nonexistent racists, and memorizing one line: “Goddam it, this may cost me my career but I’m going to speak up for racial equality and let the chips fall where they may!”

Glad you don't mind normal folks laughing at you.

Forum List

Back