Supreme Court Strikes Down Louisiana Abortion Restrictions

I am not the one who falsely claims to be pro-life.
Agreed

you fully support killing innocent unborn children

No, like many complex issues, my support is qualified. What is your excuse?
lets cut to the chase here

you insist on the right to kill unborn children as long as America has the death penalty for rapists and murders

is that about it?

Nope.

In my view, it is two different issues. An innocent person condemned to death, knows every second of his life that he is being executed for something he did not do. A zygote has no such awareness. You are the one that bases it on innocent life.

I am not the one who falsely claims to be pro-life.
Agreed

you fully support killing innocent unborn children

No, like many complex issues, my support is qualified. What is your excuse?
lets cut to the chase here

you insist on the right to kill unborn children as long as America has the death penalty for rapists and murders

is that about it?

Nope.

In my view, it is two different issues. An innocent person condemned to death, knows every second of his life that he is being executed for something he did not do. A zygote has no such awareness. You are the one that bases it on innocent life.
Your words say no but in the end you still support killing unborn children

why dont you join the other lib posting here by merging church and state and saying all the little unborn children are sinners from conception?

On Monday, the Supreme Court blocked Louisiana from enforcing a law restricting abortion in June Medical Services v. Russo.

Great. Now you can continue eating fetuses for breakfast. WTF. Are you on every GD board in the universe? When do you S?

I didn't say all. I said just the catholic ones.
You are trolling

Your prohibition against the killing of the "innocent unborn" fails if the fetus is catholic.

Acts 2:38

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
This seriously screws with Susan Collins' re-election effort after she was ASSURED by Beer Boy that he respected precedent and believed that Roe v. Wade was settled law. He lied to her, but she'll be penalized for believing an extremist Justice nominee.
He argued that stare decisis was used in error, that the plaintiff did not prove their claims and that there were major differences between the two cases. I personally thought that was a weak one.
I'm no Constitutional scholar, and he kept referring to cases I know nothing about, so it wasn't all entirely clear, but he seems to have had reasons for objecting to the precedence argument. You only use precedence when all things are equal. In this case, he believes the cases were not equal on the merits.

From the tone of the opinions, I'd say their "discussion" of this case was as heated as any we have here.

I think ALL the judges found a way, through all those tangled arguments, to find the reasons they needed to vote for or against it based on what they think is right. Just as the justices did with Roe v. Wade. It's human. This is of huge consequence to the entire country. They know it.

I think the Louisiana legislation was a sneaky end run around the legality of Roe v. Wade and I'm glad the Court stopped them. However, as I read Kavanaugh's dissent (which was mostly written by Alito) it seemed he had valid points too.

But yeah, Susan Collins got had.

On Monday, the Supreme Court blocked Louisiana from enforcing a law restricting abortion in June Medical Services v. Russo.

Roberts keeps smacking Trump down. Thank God for him!
Roberts is a closet faggot communist.
And his mother wears combat boots.
lol

You DO realize that the whole point of lifetime appointments is that the justice will not be beholden to any politician or party right? They aren't supposed to be concerned with "who butters their bread" because once seated, nobody does.
Then explain the difference between the way John Roberts and George Bush portrayed Robert's judicial philosophy and demeanor and the way he has ruled since he became a member of the court.

There is a clear difference between what Roberts claimed he was and what he actually is.

Bush and the globalists definitely butter Robert's bread.
I'll start by saying that I'm no fan of Roberts, but if you look at his history on the court, he has sided with both conservatives and liberals over the years. I believe the thing that is most important to him is the rule of law, the Constitution, and the legacy of the Court. He tries to keep the Court from becoming a political body, which it is most certainly not supposed to be, by design of the Founders. If you read today's ruling, He even said that he personally disagrees, but that they had to follow precedent set by the nearly identical Texas case several years ago. If the SC is one thing, it's consistent and follows it's own precedents, and rarely overturns previous decisions.

I never realized haw racist Roberts was until now.Louisiana is 34% black.Roberts has no use for black lives.Maybe he's into that ethnic cleansing stuff.

That damn Roberts
Yes, he’s a piece of shit
1593509865496.png

The last week makes me believe the “Conservative” members of this court need to be taken out behind the woodshed and “reminded” who butters their bread.
No one butters their bread anymore.... They are appointed for life....for a reason.

Though this is a day to celebrate for anyone who values a person's right to privacy in medical procedures....we really do need to start putting age limits on jurists. Its ridiculous to have people so innoculated making these decisions.

This seriously screws with Susan Collins' re-election effort after she was ASSURED by Beer Boy that he respected precedent and believed that Roe v. Wade was settled law. He lied to her, but she'll be penalized for believing an extremist Justice nominee.

It would be so great if we could flip her seat.

The last week makes me believe the “Conservative” members of this court need to be taken out behind the woodshed and “reminded” who butters their bread.
The American people....all of them. The majority of whom support a woman's right to choose. When a justice takes the oath..he/she should leave the doctrinaire conservative/liberal paradigm behind and rule on the law.

Given the recent rulings....the Justices agree!

Love the way pro lifers look to the contents of her uterus, and forget there is a functional, emotional, woman attached. If pro lifers had a better plan for the child women might take them up on their offer. But to force a woman to bear a child she cannot care for is wrong. The only option they have is grow up in poverty and get murdered like in NYC today

I'm pro-life and I hold the exact same position you do. (for the most part). Unfortunately too many others do not.

‘But Roberts did question some of the court’s analysis in the Texas ruling, suggesting he may side with his conservative colleagues in future challenges to abortion restrictions.

Consequently, the positive reaction to the ruling from abortion rights group was muted.

“We’re relieved that the Louisiana law has been blocked today but we’re concerned about tomorrow,” said Nancy Northup, president of the Center for Reproductive Rights, which represented the Louisiana clinic.’

Indeed, this is far from over.

Republican lawmakers hostile to the right to privacy will continue to enact bad faith measures in their continuing efforts to increase the power and authority of the state at the expense of individual liberty.

In many states this would have been easily solvable. Hospitals give admitting access. Solved. Nothing changes.

Laws like this aren't designed to really change anything. They are designed to keep people divided.

Got a grim sense of humor? Read Alito's dissent. He maintains, the abortion providers suing on behalf of their patients lack standing. The case should be remanded to the district court, which should add a woman seeking an abortion, but unable to get one because of the Louisiana fetus fetishists' burdensome law all but eradicated abortion providers in the State. Then they can have a real case, which will ultimately be decided once the plaintiff's to-be-aborted fetus goes to school (so will heaven knows how many others). Of course, once the case reaches the Supremes, the damage to abortion providers is done, and the real purpose of the Louisiana law is fulfilled. Oops. But then, the four-(sorry excuse for a)man, fetus-fetishist goon squad would decide every other case reaching them the same way, because, you know, "stare decisis".

The most worrisome is Roberts's concurrence, as it is partly an excuse for his concurrence, partly a roadmap for smarter legislators how to get him to wave through legislative burdens on a women's right to choose sufficiently dissimilar to the laws in Texas and Louisiana. Or so my impression. All in all, a good day, with a very dark cloud hanging over it.

Alito is wrong. Just arguing the legal aspect, a law that would put you out of business most certainly should give you legal status. But again, the solution is easy. As you note, have a woman file.

Forum List

Back