🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Louisiana's Ten Commandments Law Signals a Broader Christian Agenda

You need to read the constitution before making such a stupid statement

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, Office of the Chaplain​

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774​

The Prayer in the First Congress, A.D. 1774

O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!
Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.
Amen.
Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m.

Use google and look it up so you’ll remember it. It’s not that hard even you can do it
I know. That's how come I know you are wrong. If the people of the 18th century were so secular and welcoming of religions why did all schools have a Bible. Wouldn't that have been against the First Amendment? Congress was opened with a prayer. Even community meetings and city councils prayed for God's guidance and blessing. Classes in public schools began every day with the Lord's Prayer. Oaths of government office was taken with a hand on the Bible. Witnesses in court swore to tell the Truth so help me God. Where is your claim of religious rejection in the Constitution? Did you really think that they meant to eliminate Christianity in favor of "intifada is the solution?

The nation was not meant to be A Christian nation in the sense that the head of state would never be also head of the church making heresy also treason. They did not intend God removed from the public square.

I know. That's how come I know you are wrong. If the people of the 18th century were so secular and welcoming of religions why did all schools have a Bible. Wouldn't that have been against the First Amendment? Congress was opened with a prayer. Even community meetings and city councils prayed for God's guidance and blessing. Classes in public schools began every day with the Lord's Prayer. Oaths of government office was taken with a hand on the Bible. Witnesses in court swore to tell the Truth so help me God. Where is your claim of religious rejection in the Constitution? Did you really think that they meant to eliminate Christianity in favor of "intifada is the solution?

The nation was not meant to be A Christian nation in the sense that the head of state would never be also head of the church making heresy also treason. They did not intend God removed from the public square.
You were so close to being correct you almost had it. Better luck next lie

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, Office of the Chaplain​

First Prayer of the Continental Congress, 1774​

O Lord our Heavenly Father, high and mighty King of kings, and Lord of lords, who dost from thy throne behold all the dwellers on earth and reignest with power supreme and uncontrolled over all the Kingdoms, Empires and Governments; look down in mercy, we beseech Thee, on these our American States, who have fled to Thee from the rod of the oppressor and thrown themselves on Thy gracious protection, desiring to be henceforth dependent only on Thee. To Thee have they appealed for the righteousness of their cause; to Thee do they now look up for that countenance and support, which Thou alone canst give. Take them, therefore, Heavenly Father, under Thy nurturing care; give them wisdom in Council and valor in the field; defeat the malicious designs of our cruel adversaries; convince them of the unrighteousness of their Cause and if they persist in their sanguinary purposes, of own unerring justice, sounding in their hearts, constrain them to drop the weapons of war from their unnerved hands in the day of battle!
Be Thou present, O God of wisdom, and direct the councils of this honorable assembly; enable them to settle things on the best and surest foundation. That the scene of blood may be speedily closed; that order, harmony and peace may be effectually restored, and truth and justice, religion and piety, prevail and flourish amongst the people. Preserve the health of their bodies and vigor of their minds; shower down on them and the millions they here represent, such temporal blessings as Thou seest expedient for them in this world and crown them with everlasting glory in the world to come. All this we ask in the name and through the merits of Jesus Christ, Thy Son and our Savior.
Amen.
Reverend Jacob Duché
Rector of Christ Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
September 7, 1774, 9 o’clock a.m.
In the colonies, higher education was all religiously based.
Harvard, Yale and Dartmouth (Puritan), College of William and Mary (Church of England), Princeton (Presbyterian) and Rutgers University (Dutch Reformed Church)

This nonsense about the ten commandments is predicated on the false, dishonest, wrongheaded notion that exposing children and young adults to religious dogma will somehow ‘prevent’ teen pregnancy, drug abuse, and other social ills.

What’s particularly reprehensible is that the state wastes time and resources on this nonsense while refusing to take constructive action to improve public education – Louisiana will remain among the worst states in the country concerning public education, with far too many of its residents ignorant, poorly educated, and incapable of self-sufficiency.
the left wants to expose children to pedos.

The only thing I agree with here is the pronouns. Meaning, no one else should be able to control my speech because their feelings are hurt....but even there, I wouldn't go as far as he did. IOW, I have a right not to call a "he" a "she" but people should be allowed to do so if they want. Does this even need legislating?

I'm disappointed that conservatives think this is a great idea. It's not a great idea. It's not the way to influence people toward Christianity, first. Second, it's not even effective. We don't even have the 10 commandments posted in my church. What's that supposed to do? Don't covet your neighbor's wife? Um. These are kids?
Progressivism by its very nature is control freakism by another name. To nurture and engender the change that progressivism craves requires active proselytization which means trying to convince others that your viewpoint is superior to theirs. When people resist there is frustration. Frustration leads to other means of convincing people that seeks to remove their choices ergo you have fascism.

\\then why do we have this saying...no greater hate than christian love?
Changing the definition of words is a powerful psychological pressure tool that is very popular with the left. Since the Advent of Alinskyism and somewhat prior to that but definitely after that, this practice was espoused largely by the proselytizing progressive movement. This movement had no greater mentor than Stalin himself who concentrated on destructive change via clandestine social forcing.

‘Gov. Jeff Landry wants his state to be at the forefront of a national movement to advance legislation with a Christian worldview.

The crowd at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School in Lafayette, La., applauded Gov. Jeff Landry as he signed bill after bill this week on public education in the state, making it clear he believed God was guiding his hand.

One new law requires that transgender students be addressed by the pronouns for the gender on their birth certificates (“God gives us our mark,” he said). Another allows public schools to employ chaplains (“a great step for expanding faith in public schools”).

Then he signed into law a mandate that the Ten Commandments be hung in every public classroom, demonstrating a new willingness for Louisiana to go where other states have not. Last month, Louisiana also became the first state to classify abortion pills as dangerous controlled substances.

“We don’t quit,” Mr. Landry, a Republican, said at the signing ceremony.

Taken together, the measures have signaled the ambition of the governor and the Republican-led Legislature to be at the forefront of a growing national movement to create and interpret laws according to a particular conservative Christian worldview. And Mr. Landry, a Catholic who has been vocal about his faith’s influence in shaping his politics, wants to lead the charge.'

That agenda of course is one hostile to settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.

And legal challenges will of course be futile, with cases ultimately coming before a Supreme Court dominated by conservative ideologues likewise hostile to settled, accepted Establishment Clause jurisprudence and the Framers’ mandate that church and state remain separate.
Meh....the supreme court is not as conservative as you might suspect it to be. I have seen a number of actions from the likes of Barret, Roberts and even Kavanaugh that smack of post modern progress.
Always seeking the totalitarian enforcement of everything and anything you might wish for has unexpected consequences. Mitigation and cooperation are the only real workable methods.

Liberal democrats are demons. They are slaves to Satan the devil. They will cuss, cuss, cuss; just use all kind of profanity because they are wicked and headed to hell. They are "God haters" they hate all of the goodness God stands for. They are people of darkness. You are right, they fight against good. There is no light/truth in them. They are of their father the Devil.
With no real standards to adhere to the nature of the human beast can be quite ugly. Look at the natural world in general. Lion kills and eats zebra because it can. It has no remorse in this taking of a life.
Progressive, post modernist folk live in a similar world view where anything they CAN ACCOMPLISH is OK. It never stops to consider the extended consequences of forcing their preferences or impulses on others.

Having said that however I must admit I am not a vegetarian so I also consume animals like the lion. Unlike the lion however I do not do so within my own society, the realm of other people. Progressive can and do that very thing on a regular basis in almost 100% of their interactions with other humans. Fortunately cannibalism is universally condemned or I suspect they would be into that also.

Forum List

Back