The Ten Commandments Coming To Texas Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which commandment do you hate the most?...

Why the 10 Commandment which are from the Jewish holy book?

Why not these, the very word of Jesus...

2 And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.

5 “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

6 “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

7 “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

8 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.

9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[a] of God.

10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. 12 Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I love this... I love how with democrats always so heavily focused on Donald Trump... Louisiana was able to pass the legislation and have their governor sign it with no one protesting any of it, smooth.

God was able to just have His way.
Many people say the election free Louisiana super majority had nothing to do with it.

maybe not... if they create a curriculum about it in association with the schools handbook it would remain.

As do not steal, kill, hurt, harm others, etc.. is already apart of the handbook and district policies and procedures. The entire purpose of all those lockdown drill is to help students avoid getting shot.

How about teaching them as kids thou shalt not kill. Just like the DARE programs were taught in schools to help kids avoid the dangers of drugs.

Problem with the 10 commandments is you'd need to have a Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Taoist thing on the walls at the same time.

Separate but equal didn't go down well. Have separate but equal when one is on the walls of every school and the others aren't... isn't equal, never was.

You could teach a moral code. But the ten commandments a CHRISTIAN moral code. If they made one which was relevant to kids, like "don't kill, study hard, don't get girls pregnant before you marry them" etc, it would pass.

What are you so afraid of?

Why do you want the Ten Commandments hidden from children?

What were the Founding Fathers afraid of? That one religious group would control the country and turn it into a religious country.

The religious fanatics in the US aren't much different to the religious fanatics in Iran, who wants that for the US? Not most people.

The silly woman on the video I showed from CNN who said it was about "freedom", what a crock of shit. There's no freedom coming from one religion gaining dominance over other religions.

I love this... I love how with democrats always so heavily focused on Donald Trump... Louisiana was able to pass the legislation and have their governor sign it with no one protesting any of it, smooth.

God was able to just have His way.

And when you come saying that Liberals don't like the Constitution, remember what you just wrote.

Consistent thinking is considered a handicap amongst MAGA faithful.

Seems to be a handicap for most people, to be honest. Compartmentalization is normal. But yes, the MAGA lot are willing to do anything to get what they want, including voting for someone their holy book says to stone to death.

It’s a very good system of laws and morals.

The left hates it because it calls people to higher standards than just “I’m not physically hurting anyone so I’m a great person”..

If more people valued a god or THE God above themselves it would be good for society and cause improvements… and that’s just the first commandment.

I think the point here is not so much the value of having the Ten Commandments displayed in every classroom, it is demonstrating that the Left's view of the First Amendment w/r/t "...an establishment of religion..." is all wet, and should be conspicuously shot down. Maybe this Supreme Court will get a chance to do just that.

See, the First Amendment applies TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. It says/means that we can have no Federal government-sponsored religion, as some other countries do, so that the States can decide for themselves whether or not to declare allegiance to any religion, and what the religion might be. At the time of the passage of the First Amendment, more than one State HAD A STATE SPONSORED RELIGION, a condition that lasted until the 1830's. So to suppose that the Founders intended to deny the States this right and ability is simply historically false.

Further, making reference to elements of our religious-based culture is not sponsoring a specific religion, it is teaching history. If a placard displaying the Ten Commandments makes any student or parent "uncomfortable," they need to get a grip. Teaching kids that Heather can have two mommies (and implying that that is a normal "thing") makes me uncomfortable, but I get no say in the matter, apparently. Leftism is just as much a "religion" as those placards.

You could teach a moral code. But the ten commandments a CHRISTIAN moral code. If they made one which was relevant to kids, like "don't kill, study hard, don't get girls pregnant before you marry them" etc, it would pass.
What, like "control guns, do work you enjoy, use contraception", those commandments?

Teaching kids that Heather can have two mommies (and implying that that is a normal "thing") makes me uncomfortable, but I get no say in the matter, apparently.
Are you saying you want to have that displayed on the wall of every school room? I mean, you'd need to get a grip if that made you uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back