Surge in Disability Claims Is Gold Mine for Law Firms

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Isn't ObamaNation wonderful...those 1%er lawyers are loving them some Obama being elected...and he is happy to pay them back for helping him get elected....but he cares for you poor people, really he does....:lol:

SNIP:
Hoosiers watching television during the day might have noticed the numerous commercials from law firms advertising their ability to help clients obtain government disability benefits. That’s because the process for seeking disability benefits has become a boon to legal firms that specialize in disability claims.

The federal government’s two main disability programs have experienced rising enrollment and soaring spending in recent years. Combined outlays on Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income have roughly doubled over the last decade and will cost taxpayers almost $200 billion this year. The complex and often subjective disability determination process, which is essentially the same for both programs, has created an opportunity for specialty law firms to grab a piece of the action.

all of the sickening rest here
Surge in Disability Claims Is Gold Mine for Law Firms - Tad DeHaven - Page 1

ever been unable to walk normal?

ever been unable to bend over to pick something up?

How many operations have you had in the last 5 years?

Have you had the neurologists tell you your spine looks like an 80 year old mans at age 48?

Well I have. I am on disability and wish to God I was not!

Last edited:

Have you had the neurologists that your spine looks like an 80 year old mans at age 48?

That's not what they are talking about. Law firms specializing is disability claims make a case without real injuires. They have experts who will make the case out of almost nothing. Most symptoms are subjective and don't have verifiable injuries.

I did SSI for awhile. I coukdn't handle it. Watching seriously injured people die while the fakes sucked up resources and court time gave me sleepless nights. There are perhaps 10% of SSI cases that are legit.

Have you had the neurologists that your spine looks like an 80 year old mans at age 48?

That's not what they are talking about. Law firms specializing is disability claims make a case without real injuires. They have experts who will make the case out of almost nothing. Most symptoms are subjective and don't have verifiable injuries.

I did SSI for awhile. I coukdn't handle it. Watching seriously injured people die while the fakes sucked up resources and court time gave me sleepless nights. There are perhaps 10% of SSI cases that are legit.

good for you and yes the fraud with disability has become as rampant as with welfare...but all the qualifications for receiving both have been relaxed UNDER Obama..so we can thank him for this explosion of people climbing on the taxpayers backs

Isn't ObamaNation wonderful...those 1%er lawyers are loving them some Obama being elected...and he is happy to pay them back for helping him get elected....but he cares for you poor people, really he does....:lol:

Yup! The rising number of ssdi claims is because of Obama...

ssdi_apps_approved_2009.jpg

Yup! The rising number of ssdi claims is because of Obama...

ssdi_apps_approved_2009.jpg

well what year is this? 2013 nice you post something that goes to 2009
so Dishonest
they have an honest graph at the site with this article

Last edited:
Yes the lawyers are having a blast. Unfortunately they are the only ones. Now they have so many customers they can cherry pick only the slam dunks and toss the rest away. They never get what they are owed as a result.

well what year is this? 2013 nice you post something that goes to 2009
so Dishonest
Point being ssdi claims and approvals have been rising for some time. It is definitely a problem, but only a partisan retard would try to imply it is only a recent one.

people they have a graph showing the dates up to 2012 at the site of the article

Interestingly according to these numbers the percentage of awards approved peaked in 2008 and has been dropping.

e4z.gif

About once a week.

Regularly.

None, though I probably need several.

Have you had the neurologists tell you your spine looks like an 80 year old mans at age 48?

No, though I was asked by my doctor if I had at any point gone off a motorcycle at high speed.

Bummer.

But...someone tell me why the hell I bust my ass 50+ hours a week again?!

Only 10% are legit? How do you know this?

About once a week.

Regularly.

None, though I probably need several.

No, though I was asked by my doctor if I had at any point gone off a motorcycle at high speed.

Bummer.

But...someone tell me why the hell I bust my ass 50+ hours a week again?!

I did the same for 37 years.

good for you and yes the fraud with disability has become as rampant as with welfare...but all the qualifications for receiving both have been relaxed UNDER Obama..so we can thank him for this explosion of people climbing on the taxpayers backs

Disability claims are up because people can't find jobs and need to eat and live, after unemployment runs out, they need money. Time to get a disability.

Sorry about your health Moonglow, you are what the programs are built for.

Disability claims are up because people can't find jobs and need to eat and live, after unemployment runs out, they need money. Time to get a disability.
Yup, it has a direct correlation to the economy.

That is a part of the reason, but all of you are ignoring two important contributing factors. First is the fact that our population is aging and we have a bigger percentage of older workers. Older workers are more likely to become disabled. On top of this, we have a massive, no pun intended, problem with fat people. Fat people are more likely to become disabled than healthy normal weight people, and guess what? We've got more fat asses than ever before.

Btw, did any of you realize that more people are receiving SS retirement benefits than ever before. This is another big problem. Maybe we should kill off some old folks to save some money.

Forum List

Back