🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Susan Collins: Comeback Kid

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015
Here we are with one of those "Hey your polls suck and we're gonna kick your ass" times.

Except, like most of us know...time has a way of getting things back to normal.

Collins...down by 10 is now neck and neck and I suspect she will do what is needed to win.

Tough luck Democrats.....another one through the fingers.....

Ugh......just threw up a little in my mouth.

Bet you wish the DNC had that $5M back they wasted fundraising for a non-existent challenger in response to her voting to confirm the most recent of what will ultimately be Trump's 5 Supreme court appointments

Here we are with one of those "Hey your polls suck and we're gonna kick your ass" times.

Collins...down by 10 is now neck and neck and I suspect she will do what is needed to win.

Good news! I sure don't agree with her all the time, but she's hard working, has never missed a vote in her 23 years as Senator. She's moderate, she does her damnedest to break stalemates and actually spearheaded the effort to reopen the government during the shutdown in 2013. She is honest and she remains respectful in this time of tremendous partisan mud slinging. I have never yet heard her exaggerate or sling insults.

More elected officials should be like her and I'm going to reward it. I'll vote for her 'til she stops running.

She's a tough Irish gal. Her first job was picking potatoes.
She has spasmodic dysphonia, also known as laryngeal dystonia - a disorder in which the muscles that generate a person's voice go into periods of spasm. This results in breaks or interruptions in the voice, often every few sentences, which can make a person difficult to understand.

Good news! I sure don't agree with her all the time, but she's hard working, has never missed a vote in her 23 years as Senator. She's moderate, she does her damnedest to break stalemates and actually spearheaded the effort to reopen the government during the shutdown in 2013. She is honest and she remains respectful in this time of tremendous partisan mud slinging. I have never yet heard her exaggerate or sling insults.

More elected officials should be like her and I'm going to reward it. I'll vote for her 'til she stops running.
She and Teddy used to be pals in the Senate from what I remember even though he was a Democrat.

Ugh......just threw up a little in my mouth.

Bet you wish the DNC had that $5M back they wasted fundraising for a non-existent challenger in response to her voting to confirm the most recent of what will ultimately be Trump's 5 Supreme court appointments
I couldn't care less about the DNC or their race-to-the-bottom neo-Stalinist candidates.

This race right here is the exact reason I quit voting....Nothing of any value to be in favor of.

She and Teddy used to be pals in the Senate from what I remember even though he was a Democrat.
Interesting! Susan Collins is a negotiator, not a partisan diehard. A dying breed. More's the pity. I like that Joe Manchin, too, what I know of him, which isn't much.

Neck and neck? Where's the poll link?

Her voting record with Trump = cult member.
FiveThirtyEight, which tracks Congressional votes, found that Collins voted with President Trump's positions about 66% of the time as of December, 2019.[14] Nonetheless, she has voted with the GOP majority on party-line votes with much greater frequency during the Trump presidency than during the Obama presidency.[15]

Some say she has done this because Mitch threatened to primary her. Another reason might be that the Democrats have become too progressive for her moderate leanings. She's not one to openly carp on it, though.

Forum List

Back