Zone1 Swimming is racist.

Woodznutz

Platinum Member
Dec 9, 2021
"You know, historically, swimming in America is very racist," she added. "Usually, when you look at drowning statistics, it usually affects children of color, because of a lack of access."

The liberal Madison WI Common Council realized this decades ago when they observed that mostly young white males were using the diving boards at the cities many beaches. Largely absent were girls and POC. So "for budgeting reasons" they took down the diving boards and the piers (stepping stones to the diving boards). When the 'budget' was again healthy they used recreational funds, in the multiple $millions, to construct miles of bike trails around and through the city. However, the piers and diving boards were never restored, leaving the once popular beach mere wading pools for small children.

Decades later the lakes themselves are sadly neglected, overgrown with invasive aquatic weeds, and dangerous blue-green algae.

I bet they don't think skiing is "racist" since it's mostly white dems that mess with it.

I mean all that white snow with white people frocking upon it. ;)

I bet they don't think skiing is "racist" since it's mostly white dems that mess with it.

I mean all that white snow with white people frocking upon it. ;)
Ice hockey as well. Different activities attract different people.

"You know, historically, swimming in America is very racist," she added. "Usually, when you look at drowning statistics, it usually affects children of color, because of a lack of access."

The liberal Madison WI Common Council realized this decades ago when they observed that mostly young white males were using the diving boards at the cities many beaches. Largely absent were girls and POC. So "for budgeting reasons" they took down the diving boards and the piers (stepping stones to the diving boards). When the 'budget' was again healthy they used recreational funds, in the multiple $millions, to construct miles of bike trails around and through the city. However, the piers and diving boards were never restored, leaving the once popular beach mere wading pools for small children.

Decades later the lakes themselves are sadly neglected, overgrown with invasive aquatic weeds, and dangerous blue-green algae.

Makes me think of Joe Delaney.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back