Sympathy for the Pelosi

Pelosi was reluctant, but it appears there is blood in the water and the Dems may yet get Trump impeached.
Democrats have had an impeachment itch that they’ve been desperate to scratch ever since Donald Trump took office.
Ukraine is not a scandal.
The Ukraine 'unscandal' is only scandalous in the respect that we once again have Intelligence Agency personnel trying to play Praetorian Guard and protect their power by eliminating a duly elected President.
It reveals that we have neglected protecting ourselves from our 'Protectors'.

She is desperately attempting to maintain her power base and leadership position which I believe is all but vanished. It must be hard to witness the inmates taking over the asylum.
Do you think any Democrats think their situation is improved with a President Mike Pence?

What they're doing is establishing an out-of-control precedent that will insure that any president who loses the house in the future will face impeachment almost automatically for charges such as "vitamin deficiency".

Jo

Pelosi was reluctant, but it appears there is blood in the water and the Dems may yet get Trump impeached.
Democrats have had an impeachment itch that they’ve been desperate to scratch ever since Donald Trump took office.
The Ukraine 'unscandal' is only scandalous in the respect that we once again have Intelligence Agency personnel trying to play Praetorian Guard and protect their power by eliminating a duly elected President.
And the GOP always huddles on defense. I do not know what is wrong with these folks. Trump fights, but where are the GOP Republicans? They are happy to keep their heads down and hope nobody notices them.

SENATE HEAD-COUNT JUST DOESN’T ADD UP TO TRUMP IMPEACHMENT: An informal head-count on how Senate Republicans would likely vote today on an impeachment conviction motion shows little chance that President Donald Trump will be removed from office.

And they will mumble and apologize for not going along with the Democrats lawlessness, the entire time.

And the GOP always huddles on defense. I do not know what is wrong with these folks. Trump fights, but where are the GOP Republicans? They are happy to keep their heads down and hope nobody notices them.

SENATE HEAD-COUNT JUST DOESN’T ADD UP TO TRUMP IMPEACHMENT: An informal head-count on how Senate Republicans would likely vote today on an impeachment conviction motion shows little chance that President Donald Trump will be removed from office.

And they will mumble and apologize for not going along with the Democrats lawlessness, the entire time.

Yep the GOP Senate forms the larger section of the pathetically shriveled dick brigade.

Jo

I don't trust the Republicans-I think they would sell out like Flake, McCain, and Amash. Trump may end up out.

Yep the GOP Senate forms the larger section of the pathetically shriveled dick brigade.
When did they get penises? Lindsey Graham has more testosterone than the rest of them, except maybe Ted Cruz, and that required McCain to pass on and the ambush done on Kavanaugh to wake him the hell up. Cruz is just a self-promoter, almost as big as Trump is.

Jo
Actually, I think the dicks in Washington are getting bigger-and its not because they are happy to see us.

I don't trust the Republicans-I think they would sell out like Flake, McCain, and Amash. Trump may end up out.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

You cannot underestimate how craven and quick to flee the GOP Congresscritters truly are, with a few exceptions.

Actually, I think the dicks in Washington are getting bigger-and its not because they are happy to see us.
You are speaking metaphorically of their personality.

I am saying biologically most of them appear to be trans-sexuals.

If they can produce solid evidence of criminality, the Republicans will leap at the opportunity to throw him out office. They like "petting zoo" conservatives like McCain, Romney and Jeb!

When did they get penises? Lindsey Graham has more testosterone than the rest of them, except maybe Ted Cruz, and that required McCain to pass on and the ambush done on Kavanaugh to wake him the hell up. Cruz is just a self-promoter, almost as big as Trump is.

Yeah I hardly recognize Graham these days.

I wonder if he's drinking? :)

Jo

Yeah I hardly recognize Graham these days.

I wonder if he's drinking? :)

Jo
If he is, send a case of whatever he is drinking to his fellow Senators. I love Lindsey II.

If they can produce solid evidence of criminality, the Republicans will leap at the opportunity to throw him out office. They like "petting zoo" conservatives like McCain, Romney and Jeb!

Precisely....one of the deadliest daggers facing Trump is not coming from the Democrats... There's been a strong cabal of never Trump Republicans working against him for the past 3 years.

Jo

Imagine how desperate poor Nancy must be to launch 'impeachment inquiries' on the basis of a complaint that is hearsay that they have NOT READ and have no idea what is in it.

And the transcript of the call is going to be released entirely tomorrow with no redactions, what if it is entirely innocuous?

What will our heroine do?

Punt?

This was another Democrat flop, but they wont stop, they'll try something else.

Precisely....one of the deadliest daggers facing Trump is not coming from the Democrats... There's been a strong cabal of never Trump Republicans working against him for the past 3 years.

Jo
He is always surrounded, yet they are over-matched. We couldn't have picked better. HE FIGHTS!

A MOST DANGEROUS GAME: Red State Democrats Wary That Impeachment Witch Hunt Will Prevent Dems Winning Majority.

State PVI Current House Member

These first 16 are enough to take the majority from Pelosi:

They all have majority Republican voting bases, ranging from R+13 to R+4. Below them is another 30 that are either even to +3, so everyone winnable.

California 48 R+4 Democratic
Kansas 3 R+4 Democratic
Michigan 8 R+4 Democratic
Michigan 11 R+4 Democratic
Illinois 14 R+5 Democratic
Texas 32 R+5 Democratic
Michigan 3 R+6 Independent
New Mexico 2 R+6 Democratic
New York 22 R+6 Democratic
Virginia 7 R+6 Democratic
Texas 7 R+7 Democratic
Georgia 6 R+8 Democratic
Oklahoma 5 R+10 Democratic
South Carolina 1 R+10 Democratic
Minnesota 7 R+12 Democratic
Utah 4 R+13 Democratic

California 10 EVEN Democratic
California 25 EVEN Democratic
California 39 EVEN Democratic
Florida 7 EVEN Democratic
Oregon 4 EVEN Democratic
Oregon 5 EVEN Democratic
Washington 8 EVEN Democratic
Wisconsin 3 EVEN Democratic
Arizona 2 R+1 Democratic
California 49 R+1 Democratic
Iowa 3 R+1 Democratic
New Jersey 2 R+1 Democratic
New York 18 R+1 Democratic
Pennsylvania 8 R+1 Democratic
Arizona 1 R+2 Democratic
Illinois 6 R+2 Democratic
Maine 2 R+2 Democratic
Minnesota 2 R+2 Democratic
Nevada 3 R+2 Democratic
New Hampshire 1 R+2 Democratic
New Jersey 3 R+2 Democratic
New York 19 R+2 Democratic
California 45 R+3 Democratic
New Jersey 5 R+3 Democratic
New Jersey 7 R+3 Democratic
New Jersey 11 R+3 Democratic
New York 11 R+3 Democratic
Pennsylvania 17 R+3 Democratic
Virginia 2 R+3 Democratic
California 48 R+4 Democratic
Kansas 3 R+4 Democratic
Michigan 8 R+4 Democratic
Michigan 11 R+4 Democratic
Illinois 14 R+5 Democratic
Texas 32 R+5 Democratic
Michigan 3 R+6 Independent
New Mexico 2 R+6 Democratic
New York 22 R+6 Democratic
Virginia 7 R+6 Democratic
Texas 7 R+7 Democratic
Georgia 6 R+8 Democratic
Oklahoma 5 R+10 Democratic
South Carolina 1 R+10 Democratic
Minnesota 7 R+12 Democratic
Utah 4 R+13 Democratic

Nancy Pelosi: Democrats Launched 'Inquiry,' Not 'Outright Impeachment'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) attempted to draw the distinction during a press conference Wednesday that Democrats have launched an “impeachment inquiry,” not an “outright impeachment” of President Donald Trump.
Pelosi stated during the press conference with House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) that Democrats have begun an “impeachment inquiry” into the president over his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

“This is an inquiry and not an outright impeachment. And we have to give the president his chance to exonerate himself, but he thinks what he did was perfect,” she stated....

Schiff said during the press conference that they have a serious investigation into the president and do not want the impeachment inquiry to drag on forever.

“We’re not fooling around here, though,” Rep. Schiff said. “We don’t want this to drag on months and months and months, which appears to be the administration’s strategy.”

House Speaker Pelosi also claimed that, despite their impeachment inquiry, they could work with President Trump on issues such as fixing drug pricing and passing the United States-Mexico-Canada (USMCA) trade agreement.

President Trump said Democrats continue to waste the country’s time rather than improving the lives of everyday Americans.​

Pollak: Democrats Want a 'Star Chamber' Impeachment | Breitbart

What is actually happening is that the Democrats are trying to violate existing processes for interviewing witnesses. As Secretary of State noted in a letter Tuesday to Rep. Eliot Engel (D-CA), chair of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, Democrats are telling State Department staff that they are compelled to testify without issuing subpoenas, or even providing formal notice — and without giving them time to consult with their own lawyers....

Defending the rights of potential witnesses is not “obstruction.” It is fundamental to our system of justice.

And note that there is one witness that Schiff and the Democrats will not allow the president to call. Schiff and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) continue to deny President Donald Trump the right to confront his accuser, the so-called “whistleblower,” a right arguably guaranteed under the Sixth Amendment. No, the president does not face a criminal prosecution, but an impeachment inquiry is meant to be a public process, not a Star Chamber or a Stalinesque show trial. Democrats act as if the hearsay “whistleblower” can be concealed forever.

Pelosi even continues to claim that an “impeachment inquiry” is not the same as an “impeachment.” She will not force Democrats to take a politically difficult vote to authorize a formal impeachment investigation, so she is just making up the rules as she goes along. That puts President Trump in the Kafkaesque position of not only being accused of things that are not crimes, but also being uncertain if he is being formally accused of anything at all.​

Gingrich Blasts 'Phony' Impeachment: 'I Led a Serious Impeachment Effort'

“Pelosi is not leading an impeachment process,” Gingrich wrote on Monday, calling the Democrat impeachment effort a “legislative coup d’etat of a kind we have not seen in America.”

“No one should be confused by the current phony, one sided, partisan impeachment,” Gingrich continued in another tweet....

Transcripts of the call show no such quid pro quo, and Zelensky denied any “pressure” from Trump while speaking to reporters at the United Nations last week.

Democrats, however, have largely ignored the questions surrounding Biden’s knowledge and alleged hand in his son’s overseas business deals – particularly Biden’s involvement in the firing of prosecutor Viktor Shokin, who was investigating Burisma Holdings, where Hunter served on the board and took in “tens of thousands” of dollars per month.

While Democrats have accused Trump of operating like a “mob boss,” it was Biden who threatened to withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid over Shokin’s firing and bragged about it thereafter.

A photo surfaced on Monday, showing Biden and son Hunter golfing with Devon Archer, who “sat on the board of Ukrainian energy firm Burisma Holdings alongside Hunter,” as Breitbart News detailed

Nancy Pelosi: Democrats Launched 'Inquiry,' Not 'Outright Impeachment'

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) attempted to draw the distinction during a press conference Wednesday that Democrats have launched an “impeachment inquiry,” not an “outright impeachment” of President Donald Trump.
Pelosi stated during the press conference with House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) that Democrats have begun an “impeachment inquiry” into the president over his call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.

“This is an inquiry and not an outright impeachment. And we have to give the president his chance to exonerate himself, but he thinks what he did was perfect,” she stated....[/qutoe]
He doesn't have to "exonerate" himself, we are presumed innocent until someone proves otherwise. She is such a brainless twit.
...Schiff said during the press conference that they have a serious investigation into the president and do not want the impeachment inquiry to drag on forever.

“We’re not fooling around here, though,” Rep. Schiff said. “We don’t want this to drag on months and months and months, which appears to be the administration’s strategy.”...[/quote\
This clown wants a rush to judgement.
...President Trump said Democrats continue to waste the country’s time rather than improving the lives of everyday Americans.
When he is right, he's right!

Pelosi: "pleased to meet you...hope you guessed my name".

Pelosi invested a lot in plastic surgery but really should have gone the dental implant route instead of the dentures which even Fixodent cannot seem to hold steady.

This is my fav version! Played it at gigs and open mics many times.

Forum List

Back