Syrian activist Mazen Darwish released after three years in jail

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
If you are going to have an activist jailed, does he have to be tortured too?

10/08/2015 04:38 PM
Syrian activist Mazen Darwish released after three years in jail
PEN Pinter prizewinner was reportedly tortured during incarceration on “terrorism” charges
mazendarwish.jpg

An award-winning Syrian human rights activist, Mazen Darwish, has been released from prison after over three years’ detention in Syria, AFPreported Monday.

“He has been freed ahead of a final verdict in his case on August 21,” his wife, Yara Bader, told the agency.

Darwish was arrested by members of the Air Force Intelligence on 16 February, 2012, at the Damascus office of the Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression, an NGO he founded in 2004. Seven of his colleagues were arrested with him. A statement calling for his release the following week was signed by civil rights and press freedom organizations including Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International, the Committee to Protect Journalists, Index on Censorship, and the Samir Kassir Foundation.

Continue reading at:
Syrian activist Mazen Darwish released after three years in jail?

He can go to his rebels in Idlib where they have introduced Sharia law and call for freedom of expression, there.

Really??? I hadn't heard that the Free Syrian Army was calling for Sharia Law. Other than that, how come he was thrown in jail and tortured if he supposedly had freedom of expression in Syria. Too bad someone didn't take pictures of him so that his pictures could join the other pictures of the torture victms that are hanging in the halls of the UN.

He can go to his rebels in Idlib where they have introduced Sharia law and call for freedom of expression, there.

Really??? I hadn't heard that the Free Syrian Army was calling for Sharia Law. Other than that, how come he was thrown in jail and tortured if he supposedly had freedom of expression in Syria. Too bad someone didn't take pictures of him so that his pictures could join the other pictures of the torture victms that are hanging in the halls of the UN.
Support for terrorism cannot be counted as freedom of expression. Of course you visited his jail and know he was tortured.

So, you did not hear about Sharia law in Idlib. This is why you hear only what you want to hear.
Al Qaeda in Syria signals sharia law for captured city Reuters

Support for terrorism cannot be counted as freedom of expression. Of course you visited his jail and know he was tortured.

So, you did not hear about Sharia law in Idlib. This is why you hear only what you want to hear.

My God, are you still up when the rest of Germany are sleeping. You are like some robot following each of my threads.

I look at the title "Al Qaeda in Syria signals sharia law." Al Qaeda is not the same as the Free Syrian Army.

I can just see the Little Boy as the leader of some country. His "Free Expression" bit would be to mow down the people like his pal Assad did.

My God, are you still up when the rest of Germany are sleeping. You are like some robot following each of my threads.

I look at the title "Al Qaeda in Syria signals sharia law." Al Qaeda is not the same as the Free Syrian Army.

I can just see the Little Boy as the leader of some country. His "Free Expression" bit would be to mow down the people like his pal Assad did.
It is exactly the same and you know that. Where is the FSA condemning Al-Qaeda´s Sharia law and fighting to liberate Idlib from that, bringing freedom and democracy to the region, then?
I tell you where the FSA is: in the ranks of Al-Qaeda.
Aleppo Battle Al Qaeda s Jabhat Al-Nusra Is Friend To Syrian Rebel Groups

It is exactly the same and you know that. Where is the FSA condemning Al-Qaeda´s Sharia law and fighting to liberate Idlib from that, bringing freedom and democracy to the region, then?

Now why should anyone agree with your articles when you say the other articles are "dirty lies." Tough luck, Little Boy.

Now why should anyone agree with your articles when you say the other articles are "dirty lies." Tough luck, Little Boy.
That´s above your intelligence, is it? It is because those medias have a government-imposed anti-Syria stance and when they post something that does not meet their initially version, it is clear that it is true.

That´s above your intelligence, is it? It is because those medias have a government-imposed anti-Syria stance and when they post something that does not meet their initially version, it is clear that it is true.

So you say, Little Boy, but others will think differently. You are clearly unable to believe anything even if it is the truth.

So you say, Little Boy, but others will think differently. You are clearly unable to believe anything even if it is the truth.
Except for you and the other scumbags that spread their lies about the war in Syria, all can see what is actually going on.

Except for you and the other scumbags that spread their lies about the war in Syria, all can see what is actually going on.

Listen, Mr. Scumbag, if you don't want to believe what is written about Syria, that is your choice. There are plenty of reporters in the country seeing what is going on.

Listen, Mr. Scumbag, if you don't want to believe what is written about Syria, that is your choice. There are plenty of reporters in the country seeing what is going on.
Their heads are actually rolling on the floor when they report something you and Al-Qaeda don´t like.

Their heads are actually rolling on the floor when they report something you and Al-Qaeda don´t like.

But, Little Boy, you are the one having hissy fits when you don't like an article.
Why don't you ask your friend Assad to send you on a nice vacation. Dubai seems like a great place, and I am sure Assad has a big wallet to pay for a hotel room for you.

But, Little Boy, you are the one having hissy fits when you don't like an article.
Why don't you ask your friend Assad to send you on a nice vacation. Dubai seems like a great place, and I am sure Assad has a big wallet to pay for a hotel room for you.
I would prefer Damascus.

I would prefer Damascus.

Whatever you say. Tell your friend Assad when to expect you and have the welcome mat out.

I would prefer Damascus.

Whatever you say. Tell your friend Assad when to expect you and have the welcome mat out.
Surely, I get a better Internet connection than in my current rat hole as well.

Forum List

Back