Taco Bell Corporation Screwing Us Customers

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
I don't tweet very often but this is something that has really pissed me off. I caught Taco Bell charging the wrong price for an item on their menu. At first I was nice about it, pointed it out to the store manager, and even told him I wasn't worried about my $.30, but they should fix it. I tweet Taco Bell and not only do they NOT THANK ME, they do NOT APOLOGIZE, and blame the store owners and others. They have grillers on the menu for $1.89 and they ring up $1.99. Imagine that the 7,000 stores they have across the country are cheating customers out of $.10 on every griller... at all the locations. That tens of thousands of dollars per day.

So PLEASE in the next couple days if you are near a Taco Bell, take a picture of their menu for grillers and tweet it to #TacoBellMenuGrilled . These large companies need to take responsibility for screwing people.

5831-1560370425-ea1d2cf6109535f781a4574af06599db.jpg

Here was their response to me, no apology, no thank you for pointing out.

"Taco Bell Care
Hey Will. Prices do vary by location. All locations receive updated signs to put up when there is a price change. We'll reach out to this franchise and make sure they're doing so."

Taco Bell is also screwing your digestive system, but that's a different kettle of fish.

Taco Bell is also screwing your digestive system, but that's a different kettle of fish.

I guess every time I feel like taking a shit I could drive there and forget to flush. I'll have to come up with a code name for that mission. I'll call it Operation 2aguy.

I guess every time I feel like taking a shit I could drive there and forget to flush. I'll have to come up with a code name for that mission. I'll call it Operation 2aguy.

In all seriousness, the board and receipt prices should match exactly. They are ripping off their guests.

In all seriousness, the board and receipt prices should match exactly. They are ripping off their guests.

Well first off, the manager at the store should have been more serious about the issue than he was when I told him... and he acted like it wasn't a big deal. He also didn't offer me a free drink or even a thank you. He was just like, "We'll check in about it."

Then what was even worse, when the corporate people not only failed to apologize, they didn't thank me for pointing it out, until their third message after I drilled them for NOT thanking me or apologizing about the issue. It's piss poor.

"We totally understand and appreciate you letting us know. Would you like to be kept updated? We would just need your email address."

:rolleyes:

I agree. If the numbers do not match, whatever is on the menu when it is on the menu is what the customers should be paying.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You do know how to screw them right back, right? :71:

taco-boy_small.jpg

Well where I live they are the only "fast food" Mexican place. The rest are sit down places. I guess I could order to go from them, and that might be what I do in the future.

Hey, there's a Mexican taco joint here in Amarillo called "El Giro" (The Rooster), and while it is a sit down place, they also take to go orders.

Matter of fact, the cook is so fast, I don't bother to call ahead, because 5 min. after I order, he will have it ready to go.

If you're ever in Amarillo and have a hankering for some of the best tacos in Texas (they were rated by Texas Magazine), that is your place. Prices are pretty reasonable, and they have an excellent menu.

every store programs their registers, every store prepares its own display of the menu and the pricing. No corporate guy shows up to do all that..

taco-boy_small.jpg

Well where I live they are the only "fast food" Mexican place. The rest are sit down places. I guess I could order to go from them, and that might be what I do in the future.

Hey, there's a Mexican taco joint here in Amarillo called "El Giro" (The Rooster), and while it is a sit down place, they also take to go orders.

Matter of fact, the cook is so fast, I don't bother to call ahead, because 5 min. after I order, he will have it ready to go.

If you're ever in Amarillo and have a hankering for some of the best tacos in Texas (they were rated by Texas Magazine), that is your place. Prices are pretty reasonable, and they have an excellent menu.

How long have you owned the El Giro restaurant?

taco-boy_small.jpg

Don't have any kind of connection to El Giro, other than the fact that I like to eat there at least twice a month because not only is their food good, its reasonably priced too. My roomie read about them a couple of years ago, and we decided to try it out because she had said that Texas Magazine had rated them as one of the top taco joints in Texas. And, based on my 50 plus years of eating foods all over the world, the magazine ain't wrong. Their Mulitas are pretty freaking tasty as well.

every store programs their registers, every store prepares its own display of the menu and the pricing. No corporate guy shows up to do all that..

No...all the registers are connected to the internet and prices and menu items are all downloaded.

taco-boy_small.jpg

Don't have any kind of connection to El Giro, other than the fact that I like to eat there at least twice a month because not only is their food good, its reasonably priced too. My roomie read about them a couple of years ago, and we decided to try it out because she had said that Texas Magazine had rated them as one of the top taco joints in Texas. And, based on my 50 plus years of eating foods all over the world, the magazine ain't wrong. Their Mulitas are pretty freaking tasty as well.
How's their mole?

The Taco Bell here charges $1.49 for a breakfast sausage taco though it still says $1. That’s because it’s probably the worst run franchise in the country.

I still buy them though because they’re awesome!

taco-boy_small.jpg

I agree as I got to eat there when I was in Amarillo for a few months. Good food for sure.

ewww. Last time I ate at Taco Smell..I was deathly ill. I thought I was gonna die, it was so bad. Never again.

Forum List

Back