Zone1 Take Healthcare, Utilities, Energy, And The Internet Away From The Corporatocracy

Keep it in the private sector but regulate it so real americans don't get hurt by the corporations.
Preparation Is the Most Important Part of Production

Put people with more talent in the private sector and government instead of these dead-weight Diploma Dumbos. Recruit those with the talents needed for the positions and give them highly paid professional training. Quit preaching "We need X number of engineers"; the only improvement comes from "we need to pay those with the best natural talent for engineering."

Could you expound on this?
The Epitaph of the American Economy Will Read TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION

Just imagine if you applied for a job and the interviewer told you, "We'll give you a high-paying white-collar job if you first spend four years here working without pay doing menial work."

Or a builder tells his workers, "This skyscraper will take four years to build. I won't be able to make any money on it until it is done. So, you won't get paid until then."

Derek Jeter, as an 18-year-old, got a million dollars to put himself through the minor leagues, which is baseball's equivalent to college education. Suppose he was told instead to take out a heavy loan to pay the minor league clubs and had to get his personal expenses from low-paying and temporary off-season jobs.

The Epitaph of the American Economy Will Read TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION

Just imagine if you applied for a job and the interviewer told you, "We'll give you a high-paying white-collar job if you first spend four years here working without pay doing menial work."

Or a builder tells his workers, "This skyscraper will take four years to build. I won't be able to make any money on it until it is done. So, you won't get paid until then."

Derek Jeter, as an 18-year-old, got a million dollars to put himself through the minor leagues, which is baseball's equivalent to college education. Suppose he was told instead to take out a heavy loan to pay the minor league clubs and had to get his personal expenses from low-paying and temporary off-season jobs.

Interesting thoughts.

So, what is a better alternative?

How do we train those people for those jobs?

My wife spent two years in nursing school to become a nurse. What is a better alternative?

Interesting thoughts.

So, what is a better alternative?

How do we train those people for those jobs?

My wife spent two years in nursing school to become a nurse. What is a better alternative?
Earn as You Learn

Highly paid professional training for the most qualified by natural talent, instead of by Daddy's Money or self-sacrificing brown nosing. And none of these petty stipends; remuneration must be more than the student can expect from any other job at that age. In other words, what the Yankees did for Derek Jeter.

Their return on that investment was 250 times his signing bonus. So whatever the public or the corporations pay the talented up front will be returned many times over.

I met a girl who got $600 a week plus free tuition in Biochemistry graduate school. She said that she and one other student were the only Americans out of fifteen in that program. If undergraduates got what she got in graduate school, there'd be no shortage of American students in the most useful fields. Same with nurses; in a rational and productive system, they'd be all Americans.

Forum List

Back