Talk about a waste of Taxpayer Money!

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
Think about this glorious waste of money. Keep in mind, this is borrowed money that we are paying interest on.....

Every hour, federal taxpayers in United States pay
$2.93 million toward Foreign Aid in 2016.
Cost of Foreign Aid in 2016 to Taxpayers in the United States

Every hour, taxpayers in United States are paying
$1.42 million for Foreign Military Assistance in 2016.
Cost of Foreign Military Assistance in 2016 to Taxpayers in the United States

We borrow money, then give it away. We are a debtor nation. But Trump is the crazy one for wanting to reverse this bullshit and put America First?

:cuckoo:

Think about this glorious waste of money. Keep in mind, this is borrowed money that we are paying interest on.....

We borrow money, then give it away. We are a debtor nation. But Trump is the crazy one for wanting to reverse this bullshit and put America First?

How will Trump stop what is generated from the Senate, and payed for by the House?

Lmao, what?

He's not the Messiah Zander....your hopes are too high for any human, imo.

Donald knows nothing on why foreign aid is given...(after all he's never even held a public office), and you don't know either. I'm certain Trump is willing to learn more and would easily flip his position once he does actually inform himself if it were needed....but I wish he could only learn to keep his mouth shut until he actually knows a thing or two.

done with my rant! :D

Carry on!

Let me ask you OP: What do you think will happen to the people who depend on this tiny expense for aid?

How did taxpayers get the dollars the government taxes in the first place? Hmmmmm..

Donald knows nothing on why foreign aid is given...(after all he's never even held a public office), and you don't know either. I'm certain Trump is willing to learn more and would easily flip his position once he does actually inform himself if it were needed....but I wish he could only learn to keep his mouth shut until he actually knows a thing or two.

Carry on!
he's not the messiah and I do not expect him to be some super human.

But

He is the only candidate to even talk about the rampant stupidity of the federal govt. don't you think we could spend $4 million/ hour more productively? On our own people?

Carry on!

But

He is the only candidate to even talk about the rampant stupidity of the federal govt. don't you think we could spend $4 million/ hour more productively? On our own people?
You do know Trump has said:
Donald Trump: U.S. will never default 'because you print the money' - CNNPolitics.com

Let me ask you OP: What do you think will happen to the people who depend on this tiny expense for aid?

This "tiny expense" is equivalent to the median annual income of over 700,000 American families.
And? Federal taxes aren't even needed to fund spending.
More MMT fantasyland bullshit. It really must be great to be so gullible.

Put down the bong son. TANSTAAFL
It's simply a fact. The government has always spent past tax receipts apart from a select few years, which all led to a decrease in private sector savings and an increase in household debt.

Carry on!

But

Donald Trump: U.S. will never default 'because you print the money' - CNNPolitics.com

Context matters kid. Of course we won't technically default. We will simply debase out currency until it's worthless.

Carry on!

But

Context matters kid. Of course we won't technically default. We will simply debase out currency until it's worthless.
Context matters? Trump is an idiot. He wants to drain private sector assets and then turns around to say we can simply credit accounts. Anyways, the government controls the rate on bonds and the dollar is as strong as ever.

Carry on!

But

yes, the ENTIRE federal Budget needs looking at.... and waste needs to be cut, no question...but it IS Congress that has the power to do this, NOT the President. The Presumptive nominee should never mouth off like him, especially on Foreign Affairs, which he knows nothing about...and if he were to become President and wanted Congress to cut all foreign AID or some foreign AID he shouldn't make a spectacle about it....he could easily work with Congress to do some cuts without his Barnum and Baily theatrics and pissing in the face of our allies through the media....

I only checked the Foreign Military Assistance, but I came up with only $645,000 per hour...almost 1/2 of the figure listed there. This is based off of last year's foreign military assistance ($5,647,645,000) divided by the number of hours in a year (8,760). It looks like your website grossly overestimates itself...which would seem to make it unreliable and biased.

Now, I agree we should decrease our amount of federally funded foreign assistance, but, at the very least, don't go to biased, agenda driven sites to get your data when it isn't even close to being correct. (You can find the data on our foreign military financing here: Foreign Military Financing Account Summary )

Last edited:
Government is stuck in a cycle of short term how do I get re-elected think. Government therefore needs the people to borrow and spend, and the government to borrow and spend, to maintain the illusion of look how awesome the economy is re-elect me. Now we are $20 trillion in debt with no end in sight to this insanity.

Government is stuck in a cycle of short term how do I get re-elected think. Government therefore needs the people to borrow and spend, and the government to borrow and spend, to maintain the illusion of look how awesome the economy is re-elect me. Now we are $20 trillion in debt with no end in sight to this insanity.
The debt isn't a bad thing.

I only checked the Foreign Military Assistance, but I came up with only $645,000 per hour...almost 1/2 of the figure listed there. This is based off of last year's foreign military assistance ($5,647,645,000) divided by the number of hours in a year (8,760). It looks like your website grossly overestimates itself...which would seem to make it unreliable and biased.

Now, I agree we should decrease our amount of federally funded foreign assistance, but, at the very least, don't go to biased, agenda driven sites to get your data when it isn't even close to being correct. (You can find the data on our foreign military financing here: Foreign Military Financing Account Summary )
Their data is fully sourced and referenced with links. Your data does not include all of the costs. Click the links and look for yourself. It's very accurate.

Forum List

Back