Tarot and Babtism

anotherlife

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2012
Cross-Atlantic
HI all Christians and Occult experts, here is a question.

When you get babtised, you are told that Malvolent spirits can't get you any more, and you pledge yourself for Christ the savior.

But what if later you go to a tarot reading, wish for something, and get it. Does that damage your original babtism?

baptism

And that is merely an outward sign of your faith.

When you get babtised, you are told that Malvolent spirits can't get you any more, and you pledge yourself for Christ the savior.

But what if later you go to a tarot reading, wish for something, and get it. Does that damage your original babtism?
No, baptism cannot be "damaged"--but your soul or spirit can be, even after baptism. I know nothing about Tarot readings, so keep that in mind. I have read up on possession/exorcism. Cases that are discussed (both by priests and/or psychiatrists) note that the person being possessed agreed in some shape or form to that possession. It is never a good thing to welcome any kind of wickedness/evil into one's life because in the end it may create more problems than it solves.

Again, keep in mind I know NOTHING about Tarot or what (if any) evil forces come into play.

May God bless you and keep you.

No, baptism cannot be "damaged"--but your soul or spirit can be, even after baptism. I know nothing about Tarot readings, so keep that in mind. I have read up on possession/exorcism. Cases that are discussed (both by priests and/or psychiatrists) note that the person being possessed agreed in some shape or form to that possession. It is never a good thing to welcome any kind of wickedness/evil into one's life because in the end it may create more problems than it solves.

Again, keep in mind I know NOTHING about Tarot or what (if any) evil forces come into play.

If someone dies as a result of inviting a bad energy, does that cause him to end up in hell?

If someone dies as a result of inviting a bad energy, does that cause him to end up in hell?

That question is definitely above my pay grade! :)

God, Himself, makes the judgement of where each individual spends eternity. What is within my pay grade is the ability to remind everyone God is both just and merciful. Certainly it would weigh against someone if they intentionally and deliberately sought to bring in evil. However, being desperate is not the same as being evil.

Yes, there are consequences for mistakes and errors in judgement, but in my opinion if all it was was an error in justice we can trust in God's mercy. If the person was hiding a deep, dark side of his personality from all who knew him, that probably changes the story. This is why we leave judgement to God. We cannot know a fellow human's heart, but we can trust in a just and merciful God.

2 Nephi 18:19
19 And when they shall say unto you: Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep and mutter—should not a people seek unto their God for the living to hear from the dead?

Isaiah 8:19
19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Isaiah 19:3
3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

Leviticus 20:6,27
6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

From this council we should not seek unto them that have familiar spirits and after wizards. But we should also keep ourselves on the stait and narrow path of keeping all the commandments of God. If we fail, we should repent of our sins and continue living according to the will of God. If we truly repent, God will forgive us.

God works in mysterious ways. What if what you seek answers to, He shows from a Tarot reading?

Hell is that place in the spirit when a person turns their back on God. personally I always passed on the voodoo and mystic stuffs. Have seen peeps with demons that went there though and have heard some wild things that happened when some peeps we knew played with a wegee [sic] board.

2 Nephi 18:19
19 And when they shall say unto you: Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep and mutter—should not a people seek unto their God for the living to hear from the dead?

Isaiah 8:19
19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

Isaiah 19:3
3 And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

Leviticus 20:6,27
6 And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.

From this council we should not seek unto them that have familiar spirits and after wizards. But we should also keep ourselves on the stait and narrow path of keeping all the commandments of God. If we fail, we should repent of our sins and continue living according to the will of God. If we truly repent, God will forgive us.
Seeking God he will send what we need as we are prepared to receive from the spirit. Good advice onefour.

Forum List

Back