Teacher in trouble for "black face" Kanye West Halloween costume; Double standard?

Its only been offensive for a Century so yanno, it might be a while for people to catch on

Women's ankles were "offensive" back a century ago too! This is stupid. It's a costume. That's all.

Yeah but the difference Chris (and I dont know if you're playing dumb) Do you think ankles are still offensive?

Because that could be the only reason you brought that up. Unless, like i said, you're playing dumb

Well some people might find them offensive. Cankles and all. Why not just ban everything that is offensive to us? I'm sure I'd have been banned from this site a long time ago! :shock:

Its only been offensive for a Century so yanno, it might be a while for people to catch on

Women's ankles were "offensive" back a century ago too! This is stupid. It's a costume. That's all.

Yeah but the difference Chris (and I dont know if you're playing dumb) Do you think ankles are still offensive?

Because that could be the only reason you brought that up. Unless, like i said, you're playing dumb

Well some people might find them offensive. Cankles and all. Why not just ban everything that is offensive to us? I'm sure I'd have been banned from this site a long time ago! :shock:

Yes but we arent talking about elbows on the table. We're talking about things that are universally offensive and has been consistently for 100 years. The fact that you are comparing offense to racism as akin to offense to ankles shows you arent being serious...srsly

Yes but we arent talking about elbows on the table. We're talking about things that are universally offensive and has been consistently for 100 years. The fact that you are comparing offense to racism as akin to offense to ankles shows you arent being serious...srsly

And I think you are taking it way TOO seriously because it is just a Halloween costume for fun.

And I think you are taking it way TOO seriously because it is just a Halloween costume for fun.

Well, yeah...thats what happens when you offend someone. They tend to take it serious. Especially when they are being racist.

If someone yelled NICE TITS. You would take it more serious than I would....I dont have tits soooo...

BUT I wouldnt look at you and tell you its not serious when you are taking it serious. Thats something called Patronizing. I would believe you that you are offended at someone commenting on how you take it. I wouldnt dismiss it just because I'm not a chick.

Well, yeah...thats what happens when you offend someone. They tend to take it serious. Especially when they are being racist.

If someone yelled NICE TITS. You would take it more serious than I would....I dont have tits soooo...

BUT I wouldnt look at you and tell you its not serious when you are taking it serious. Thats something called Patronizing. I would believe you that you are offended at someone commenting on how you take it. I wouldnt dismiss it just because I'm not a chick.

You already tried that angle, remember? :D I'm not offended because it is silly to be offended by things that are harmless, IMO.

That doesnt means that you dismiss others that are offended tho. I mean its pretty simple, Treat others the way you want to be treated.

If you dont like something you're not going to like it because I dismissed your feelings on it

That doesnt means that you dismiss others that are offended tho. I mean its pretty simple, Treat others the way you want to be treated.

If you dont like something you're not going to like it because I dismissed your feelings on it

Well good then. Let's just hope that I don't catch you making jokes about fat ladies or other people. You could "hurt their feelings" after all. :oops:

Well good then. Let's just hope that I don't catch you making jokes about fat ladies or other people. You could "hurt their feelings" after all. :oops:

Racism is more than hurt feelings, its disrespectful and hateful

Context is important. It was how black people were portrayed in black face performances that made it offensive. Just donning a costume that represents a black person is not black face. Did the guy paint his face black and lips bright red? Act in a stereotypical manner? It's not like they went as Amos & Andy. So Nick Fury, Chapel, Bishop, Luke Cage Power Man, Michonne, the latest rendition of Johnny Storm (the Human Torch), Halle Barry's Catwoman, etc are off limits to white people as costumes for Halloween? Sounds like the same kind of people that cry racism when they hear the term niggardly used.

Context is important. It was how black people were portrayed in black face performances that made it offensive. Just donning a costume that represents a black person is not black face. Did the guy paint his face black and lips bright red? Act in a stereotypical manner? It's not like they went as Amos & Andy. So Nick Fury, Chapel, Bishop, Luke Cage Power Man, Michonne, the latest rendition of Johnny Storm (the Human Torch), Halle Barry's Catwoman, etc are off limits to white people as costumes for Halloween? Sounds like the same kind of people that cry racism when they hear the term niggardly used.

Painting your face has nothing to do with the costume. How often have you seen anyone paint their face white to be a super hero? Or were you confused when a brown kid had an S on his chest like no face paint threw you off?

Proud to be African, said the African.

Proud to be Arab, said the Arab.

Proud to be white, said the racist.

I just summed up the left wing PC world we live in.

You were offended by this?

iu

No, are you?

Oh, I see. Only if whites don black face are you offended. Hypocrite.

Painting your face has nothing to do with the costume. How often have you seen anyone paint their face white to be a super hero? Or were you confused when a brown kid had an S on his chest like no face paint threw you off?

You make a valid point. However, if he didn't make his face black no one would have known he was Kanye, as Kanye doesn't wear a superhero costume. Same if a white guy wanted to dress as barack for Halloween. Or a black guy wanting to dress like W or Boehner. Oh, for Boehner they'd have to don nicotine-with-an-orange-undertone face paint.

You were offended by this?

iu

No, are you?

Oh, I see. Only if whites don black face are you offended. Hypocrite.

Ahhh, yes! The place where history doesnt exist. Why whites in black face is just like this movie!

You miss the point. If it's ok for blacks to don white face then it's ok for whites to don black face. That you don't like it isn't relevant. Equality is equal for everyone or equal for no one.

WCSC : Alabama teacher apologizes for wearing blackface

So....a teacher and his wife go as Kanye West and Kim Kardashian for Halloween. He uses brown paint to "black face" himself..and.....the PC outrage begins.

Hmmm. I don't recall the outrage when the Wayans Brothers used "white face" or when Dave Chappelle used "white face"

2DCA020100000578-3289474-image-m-82_1445837733359.jpg

Is it an unfair likeness of West? Is it a caricature-likeness? Or exaggeration of features?

If not, would ya'll kindly consider sodding off?

1418584601559.png

WCSC : Alabama teacher apologizes for wearing blackface

So....a teacher and his wife go as Kanye West and Kim Kardashian for Halloween. He uses brown paint to "black face" himself..and.....the PC outrage begins.

Hmmm. I don't recall the outrage when the Wayans Brothers used "white face" or when Dave Chappelle used "white face"

2DCA020100000578-3289474-image-m-82_1445837733359.jpg

Is it an unfair likeness of West? Is it a caricature-likeness? Or exaggeration of features?

If not, would ya'll kindly consider sodding off?

1418584601559.png

Great costume, nothing offensive, thin skinned people are just thin skinned.

Well, her ass could be bigger!

Forum List

Back