Ted Cruz Says SCOTUS 'Clearly Wrong' to Legalize Gay Marriage

If you think your religious beliefs shod be codified into law, you are, indeed,a religious nutball.

JMHO
I partly agree with you. I partly disagree with you.

Consider this example. There is a very well known religious command that says “thou shalt commit no murder.” I suppose that makes it a religious belief.

And I happen to believe it is properly codified in law.

By contrast, the command against taking the name of God in vain is not one which should be codified.

Next targets for the TRUMPCourt

Gay Marriage/Gay Rights
School /Public Prayer
EPA
Obamacare
CDC
Worker Protections
OSHA

But nobody has to rely on "cuz mah Bible says so" to make a forceful argument for why that should be illegal. And nobody is.
I don’t know. I’ve heard people claim that all issues of morality are the insertion of religion into our codified law.

I happen to believe there is an overlap but not necessarily any actual connection. Nonetheless, I still don’t understand why the government would believe that it is its business to deny consenting adults of the same sex the right to marry. I guess my question is this:

What genuine public policy purpose is served by denying anyone their right to marry each other because of their homosexuality?

🙄

Your bigoted anti religious and primarily anti Christian views don’t further this conversation.
Then bye.

But it is a fact that Christians like to try to claim domain. "Judeo Christian values"

*squawk*

"Judeo Christian values!"

As if anyone had to be exposed to any of their magical mythos to know murder is bad, mmkay.

They do it all the time. Politicians proudly do it.

If you can't discuss this material without acknowledging this basic fact, you aren't ready to have an honest discussion anyway.

Sure. Christians especially like to try to claim dominion over basic ethics and morality. It's part and parcel of the con.
Wait a sec, you can't be saying that there was some kind of back room meeting at Christianity's headquarters were the evil henchmen agreed to "claim dominion over basic ethics and morality". What say we drop the contention and agree that Christians pushing basic ethics etc. is good, and when Atheists do the same that's also good.

We also should be able to say that what we got here is an agreement of ideals but that comes later.

Wait a sec, you can't be saying that there was some kind of back room meeting at Christianity's headquarters were the evil henchmen agreed to "claim dominion over basic ethics and morality".
Not at all. No need. They do it in broad daylight. The preach it in their churches, and put it in their messaging. It's not a secret. Go anywhere in america that isn't an academic setting full of educated elites. Talk about America and the Constitution and wait 5 minutes. ;)

No need. Man's future is bright in G-d's kingdom. No more sin, sickness, etc. And G-d Himself reclaims the world for His own and His people will reign with Him for all eternity. Not a bad deal at all.

With Christ ... it's our present that is bright ... why are you waiting to enter His kingdom? ... be wise, just because the path is well marked doesn't mean it's easy to follow ... the benches are there to rest, but do not tarry or you might get distracted and be lead off the path ...

Kill your TV ...

Then bye.

But it is a fact that Christians like to try to claim domain. "Judeo Christian values"

*squawk*

"Judeo Christian values!"

As if anyone had to be exposed to any of their magical mythos to know murder is bad, mmkay.

They do it all the time. Politicians proudly do it.

If you can't discuss this material without acknowledging this basic fact, you aren't ready to have an honest discussion anyway.
As I said before: your bigoted views don’t further the conversation at all.

As I said before: your bigoted views don’t further the conversation at all.
Maybe to a squealing little baby having a fit.

In what the rest of us call "reality", we just watched religious nutters cheat and lie their way to deleting a right, based on their apparently self declared dominion over morals.

So join us in reality,less whining please.

Note that all of Teddy's comments can be applied equally and fully to the ruling protecting interracial marriage.

But modern religious nutters are a'scared to talk about that. They know its a bad look. 50 years ago, they had no problem waving their bibles and calling it a sin.

Last edited:
Maybe to a squealing little baby having a fit.

In what the rest of us call "reality", we just watched religious nutters cheat and lie their way to deleting a right, based on their apparently self declared dominion over morals.

So join us in reality,less whining please.
Your self-view is very grandiose and way the hell off the charts lacking in basis.

What you actually recently witnessed was not the deletion of any “right.” It was the correction of a previously erroneous claim that any such “right” ever existed in the first place.

You’ve been doing nothing but whining about your delusional and mistaken views ever since. I’d love to welcome you to the side of reality, but you refuse to even look at it.

Well, they're going full federalist. Leave everything possible to the states.

Okay. I understand the reasoning, but we're going to see big, big differences going from state to state. The country will no longer be purple, it will be dark red OR dark blue.

E Pluribus Unum is dead. I think that's what they want. It beats trying to secede.
Except the states have to respect the marriages that occur in other states. Las Vegas weddings are back baby.

Forum List

Back