🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Ten Specific Ideas On How to Make the Federal Government More Efficient

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
1. All laws passed by Congress must fully apply to the members of Congress and their staff with no exemptions. If Congress had to swim through their own shit maybe they wouldnt make so much of it. Supposedly a law akin to this has already been passed, but as I understand they still exempt themeselves for some excuse.

2. Congress must issue a plain language version of every bill and read it in front of the cameras before each vote, with no exceptions or exemptions. No mor ten thousand page monstrosities ever again.

3. The President has deducted from his salary the fair rental price of living in the White House. Why does he get free room and board?

4. The pay of all Senators, the President and all Representatives will go to ten times the average wage of all Americans citizens over the age of 18, to include those unemployed. Then watch salaries go up like a rocket.

5. Have all federal employees, to include Congressmen and their staff wear specially made suits that capture the body heat and convert it into electricity. Said peoples employee would either capture that energy via a direct power line to a power socket or into a lithium battery that they off load when they reach their destination. The power is then sold to the grid and deducted from the costs of government. Similaraly the Capital dome is capped to capture all that methane.

6. All Federal employees and elected officials and their staff must take an IQ test. If they fail to get higher than 90, they must retire or go to special job assignments reserved for people with low IQs in government work. Elected officials will purge their staff of sub-standard IQs and if they themselves have an IQ lower than 90, then they will have to defer to their staff's collective decisions. A Constitutional amendment preventing anyone without an IQ of at least 110 from running for office shall be passed and applied retroactively.

7. All federal workers will telecommute as much as possible. Each section will have an officer whose primary duty would be to calculate ways of having people stay home and work from there (wearing their electric conversion power suits), and also they will have to empty the trash cans at everyone's desk as an incentive to keep as many home as possible.

8. Establish incentives for payment of voluntary taxes. The top thousand get to throw an egg at a politician chosen by online survey. The designee will stand in an open window with a sign above it "Ye Olde Ass Whoopin!" and they cannot move while each of the donors step up and throw an egg at them through the window. IF they actually like the politician, they may auction off their spot int he egg throwing line to the highest bidder, which is then subject to federal tax. This alone could raise billions.

9. All Federal land not in a designated national park will be auctioned off over a period of 10 years and all proceeds applied to reducing the national debt.

10. End the election of the federal President. Take the top 200 IQ score names and put them on a permanent council that advises the President on whatever they want. Every two years one of them is randomly selected to be Vice-President for the next two years, then they are demoted to the office of President. After that they retire to a small ranch in the state of their choice in the Witness Protection Program.

1. Yes.

2. OK.

3. No. But if the immediate family wants to live elsewhere, then he pays for it.

4. No.

5. :rolleyes:

6. :lol:

7. OK.

8. OK.

9. No.

10. You cray cray.

1. All laws passed by Congress must fully apply to the members of Congress and their staff with no exemptions. If Congress had to swim through their own shit maybe they wouldnt make so much of it. Supposedly a law akin to this has already been passed, but as I understand they still exempt themeselves for some excuse.

2. Congress must issue a plain language version of every bill and read it in front of the cameras before each vote, with no exceptions or exemptions. No mor ten thousand page monstrosities ever again.

3. The President has deducted from his salary the fair rental price of living in the White House. Why does he get free room and board?

4. The pay of all Senators, the President and all Representatives will go to ten times the average wage of all Americans citizens over the age of 18, to include those unemployed. Then watch salaries go up like a rocket.

5. Have all federal employees, to include Congressmen and their staff wear specially made suits that capture the body heat and convert it into electricity. Said peoples employee would either capture that energy via a direct power line to a power socket or into a lithium battery that they off load when they reach their destination. The power is then sold to the grid and deducted from the costs of government. Similaraly the Capital dome is capped to capture all that methane.

6. All Federal employees and elected officials and their staff must take an IQ test. If they fail to get higher than 90, they must retire or go to special job assignments reserved for people with low IQs in government work. Elected officials will purge their staff of sub-standard IQs and if they themselves have an IQ lower than 90, then they will have to defer to their staff's collective decisions. A Constitutional amendment preventing anyone without an IQ of at least 110 from running for office shall be passed and applied retroactively.

7. All federal workers will telecommute as much as possible. Each section will have an officer whose primary duty would be to calculate ways of having people stay home and work from there (wearing their electric conversion power suits), and also they will have to empty the trash cans at everyone's desk as an incentive to keep as many home as possible.

8. Establish incentives for payment of voluntary taxes. The top thousand get to throw an egg at a politician chosen by online survey. The designee will stand in an open window with a sign above it "Ye Olde Ass Whoopin!" and they cannot move while each of the donors step up and throw an egg at them through the window. IF they actually like the politician, they may auction off their spot int he egg throwing line to the highest bidder, which is then subject to federal tax. This alone could raise billions.

9. All Federal land not in a designated national park will be auctioned off over a period of 10 years and all proceeds applied to reducing the national debt.

10. End the election of the federal President. Take the top 200 IQ score names and put them on a permanent council that advises the President on whatever they want. Every two years one of them is randomly selected to be Vice-President for the next two years, then they are demoted to the office of President. After that they retire to a small ranch in the state of their choice in the Witness Protection Program.

1. That doesn't work. Not all laws are applicable to all people, so not all laws will be applicable to all members of Congress. I understand the sentiment, though.

2. I have no problem with a summary of bills being available, but having a "plain language version" does not mean there is no ten thousand page monstrosity.

3. That seems just silly.

4. That would actually increase the salaries drastically. Terrible idea. The mean income in the US is somewhere near $50,000 per year from what I've read. A representative currently gets less than $200,000 per year, I believe. You would more than double that with your plan.

After this it just gets silly, making me uncertain how serious you were with the first ones. :lol:

I think the prez does pay for board . Is that a big issue , really?

4. That would actually increase the salaries drastically. Terrible idea. The mean income in the US is somewhere near $50,000 per year from what I've read. A representative currently gets less than $200,000 per year, I believe. You would more than double that with your plan.

The median personal individual income in the USA is right at $27,500. Factor in those without any income at all and it is likely much much lower than that as the US census is only calculating those in the pool of those seeking employment.

After this it just gets silly, making me uncertain how serious you were with the first ones. :lol:

Silly?!?!?!

Capturing the methane out of the capital dome was my singularly best idea!

Last edited:

The median personal individual income in the USA is right at $27,500. Factor in those without any income at all and it is likely much much lower than that as the US census is only calculating those in the pool of those seeking employment.

Silly?!?!?!

Capturing the methane out of the capital dome was my singularly best idea!

Yeah, I got household rather than personal income, I think. :eusa_doh: Still, that would be an increase in salary for many reps. :)

I think the prez does pay for board . Is that a big issue , really?
yes, yes, it is.

No free lunches for anyone!

I guess you'll save hundreds of millions charging the military for their food and housing.

No that is a calculated part of their compensation.

Not for freee loading Presidents though.

Lol! The prez is the Commander in Chief ! Stick to your guns you wuss.

Shit, do Yourself a favor and look into how Generals live . Like fucking kings !

Lol! The prez is the Commander in Chief ! Stick to your guns you wuss.

Shit, do Yourself a favor and look into how Generals live . Like fucking kings !
I know how generals live, I used to work for one and, I got your wuss right here, girly-girl!

Forum List

Back