Terry Bradshaw was Tom Brady in 1983? Yeap.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013

Crazy story that's true. Terry Bradshaw in 1983 needed elbow surgery and made up a name to keep out of the local papers that he was having surgery.

Tom Brady was the name out of PURE COINCIDENCE.

Terry Bradshaw was an average QB that was lucky enough to play of one of the greatest teams of all time. His career completion % was just under 52% and he had 212 TDs and 210 pics. He wasn't anywhere near as good as Brady.

Terry Bradshaw was an average QB that was lucky enough to play of one of the greatest teams of all time. His career completion % was just under 52% and he had 212 TDs and 210 pics. He wasn't anywhere near as good as Brady.

Yeah, but Brady didn't co-star in three movies with Burt Reynolds...

His first few years skew those stats imo. When they drafted Swann and Stallworth in 74 his stats were above average. He threw a very pretty deep ball and when teams had to stop the run with Harris and Bleier he was quite accurate with those.

Try to see his stats from 74 to 80.

His first few years skew those stats imo. When they drafted Swann and Stallworth in 74 his stats were above average. He threw a very pretty deep ball and when teams had to stop the run with Harris and Bleier he was quite accurate with those.

I looked. I'm not impressed. He had 3 good years in 1975, 1978, and 1979. The rest of the time he sucked.

Pittsburgh was the shittiest team for decades. Bradshaw was a practice dummy for defenses until 74.

QBs got the piss beat outta them. 68% completion ratios were unheard of. Running the ball was run for your fucking life....lol

He was an elite

Pittsburgh was the shittiest team for decades. Bradshaw was a practice dummy for defenses until 74.

QBs got the piss beat outta them. 68% completion ratios were unheard of. Running the ball was run for your fucking life....lol
Problem most people have is comparing eras. I personally thought that was the best era. At least for us fans. Why? Cause players remained with their teams pretty much. We knew who the Cowboys were, knew who the Raiders were and who the Steelers were along with the Vikings, Dolphins etc etc.

I say to say this. For me teams and QBS completing easy passes to WRs etc who aren't allowed to be covered. The stats are skewed and people compare them. Utterly ridiculous.

He was an elite
He was barely average, less than 52% career completion 212 TDs to 210 picks and he played on one of the best teams of all time. Put him on a .500 team and nobody would remember his name today.

Back then a torn ACL meant your knee cut 8 inches and split roasted. 2 yrs back if you were lucky

Half the guys had a concussion each game.....lolol

This

He was barely average, less than 52% career completion 212 TDs to 210 picks and he played on one of the best teams of all time. Put him on a .500 team and nobody would remember his name today.
If Tom Brady was drafted by the Cleveland Browns he would have been a Tim Couch

There s no comparison between Brady and Bradshaw anyway...lol...Brady is better

If Tom Brady was drafted by the Cleveland Browns he would have been a Tim Couch

There s no comparison between Brady and Bradshaw anyway...lol...Brady is better

Point taken. But if you go back and look at the passing stats during his heyday 1974-80, he wasn't even in the top 10 most years, maybe once in 1975.

To me the best QB of all time is Roger Staubach. Before everyone flies off the handle about Bradys 7 rings let me point out.

The way I judge it is purely by eye test. Here is the question. Staubach missed his prime years due to military service, and for all intents and purposes played 8 seasons. 10 year career but really an 8 year career. He led the Cowboys to 4 SBs in 8 seasons. He put up 31 points against the Steel curtain in the SB XIII.

Now. The question is this for me. Would Roger have had an easier time playing today as opposed to Brady playing during the 70s?

I know I sound old, but the question is this. Which QB would thrive in any sytem, in any era and how many DIFFERENT ways has a certain QB won games?

Roger was basically the only QB of the 70s to be in shotgun. He could most certainly play in the west coast system under center.

All things considered, from era to systems, for me it is Staubach.

Problem most people have is comparing eras. I personally thought that was the best era. At least for us fans. Why? Cause players remained with their teams pretty much. We knew who the Cowboys were, knew who the Raiders were and who the Steelers were along with the Vikings, Dolphins etc etc.

I say to say this. For me teams and QBS completing easy passes to WRs etc who aren't allowed to be covered. The stats are skewed and people compare them. Utterly ridiculous.
Makes me miss Theismann

He was an elite

I go back to that era and thought Bradshaw elite as well, but he NEVER got as much credit as the DEFENSE! Then it was all about the receivers and running game! He had pinpoint accuracy as any elite QB, but to this day he's still underrated for whatever reason! :heehee: :dunno::rolleyes::)

I looked. I'm not impressed. He had 3 good years in 1975, 1978, and 1979. The rest of the time he sucked.
And Howie Long rocked him so hard with the “ head jobbed into the turf “ hit that TB retired and that was at like 34YO

Forum List

Back