Tesla owner locked out of his car.. new battery costs $26,000!

So the next owner charged the battery which would mean? The battery wasn't actually bad. He seemed to have got poor service. There are complaints after complaints after complaints for decades over that.

Going by what I just paid for gas today it would be 5,777 gallons of gas. My tank has 12 gallons so it would be 481 fill ups.

I fill up my tank every Sunday on the way home from work so that would be 68 weeks worth of gas which means I could get 1 year and 4 months worth of fillups for the cost of his battery.

Actually more because on average I use 3/4 tank of gas between work and running errands a week from Sunday to Sunday.

My neighbor has a Tesla he got last year. We have a ranch style house with 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, etc. Our homes are comparable in size and the same age. After he got his Tesla his electric bill went up 107 dollars a month and that was in January so no telling what it is now.
I didn't know individuals had charging stations (unless they are rich?)

Yes, I know, I need to get up to speed w/ the times, but you know, if it aint broke, why fix it? The gas powered cars aren't broken so why should we replace them? Oh, the environment. Well, the environment naturally has such things as carbon monoxide, which means the environment is not changed much using gas powered cars. The green thing is just a hoax to get more taxpayer $$, as if the Beast (or Sewer) doesn't get enough of that already

Yes, I know, I need to get up to speed w/ the times, but you know, if it aint broke, why fix it? The gas powered cars aren't broken so why should we replace them? Oh, the environment. Well, the environment naturally has such things as carbon monoxide, which means the environment is not changed much using gas powered cars. The green thing is just a hoax to get more taxpayer $$, as if the Beast (or Sewer) doesn't get enough of that already

My plug in drill works BUT I absolutely love my battery operated drill. I can take it anywhere and use it. No extension cords, no looking for a place to plug in.

Things do not have to be "broke" for people to offer alternatives.

My plug in drill works BUT I absolutely love my battery operated drill. I can take it anywhere and use it. No extension cords, no looking for a place to plug in.

Things do not have to be "broke" for people to offer alternatives.
If the alternative costs $66,000 and people are living on $40,000 a year income

they couldn't care less about such "alternatives"

They wouldn't. It's irrelevant to those who want options.
this makes no sense

But in any case, one more time:

the green bs is just an excuse to over-tax everyone and pay off donors in the business of making said green crap so the rich get richer and the poor can, as always, take a flying leap into Hell

this makes no sense

But in any case, one more time:

the green bs is just an excuse to over-tax everyone and pay off donors in the business of making said green crap so the rich get richer and the poor can, as always, take a flying leap into Hell

The poor can afford new cars, period? Why should those who make them get richer while the poor be poor?

1663625567699.png

Yeah. It's just a cable.

He bought it and installed it for him by adding a 50amp breaker to his panel and running a cable to the box in the garage. Uses the same voltage as say an electric stove.

Money he spends a month on electric to charge it is about what I spend in gas.

I have no desire for a ev though. I might get one in 20 years or so once the technology has been refined and time tested and major improvement to batteries has been made. But you couldn't give me one now. Well, you could but I'd sell it.

Yeah. It's just a cable.

He bought it and installed it for him by adding a 50amp breaker to his panel and running a cable to the box in the garage. Uses the same voltage as say an electric stove.

Money he spends a month on electric to charge it is about what I spend in gas.

I have no desire for a ev though. I might get one in 20 years or so once the technology has been refined and time tested and major improvement to batteries has been made. But you couldn't give me one now. Well, you could but I'd sell it.
thats the thing: elec veh haven't been around long enough. It's so stupid to push EVs but we know how dimrats are not too bright. If they were, or if they ever woke up out of their foggy dream world, they'd be Rs

Forum List

Back