Testing Democrat Honesty

In responding to questions about the horror that took place in Paris earlier today, Democrat/Liberal Howard Deans revealed the sort of honesty that many have come to expect from folks of his political persuasion.

"Howard Dean: Don’t Call Paris Attackers ‘Muslim Terrorists’

... former Gov.Howard Dean (D-VT) immediately dismissed the idea that Islam would be to blame for the attack.

“I stopped calling these people Muslim terrorists,” Dean said on Morning Joe. ”They’re about as Muslim as I am.”

He also said he does not believe ISIS is an “Islamic cult” and thinks it would be unwise to “accord [the gunmen] any religious respect.”

Despite Dean’s early assertions, though, one of the gunmen purportedly said ‘Allahu Akhbar’ in a videothat was released after the attack, and another was reportedly heard shouting “we have avenged the prophet.”
Howard Dean Don 8217 t Call Paris Attackers 8216 Muslim Terrorists 8217 Mediaite

And, in an earlier tale, equally reality-based...
"OBAMA: ISLAMIC STATE 'IS NOT ISLAMIC'

In his prime-time speech to the nation on the eve of the 13th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks, President Obama vowed to “degrade and destroy” the Islamic State insurgency in Iraq and Syria with airstrikes and 475 U.S. boots on the ground – but he also made a particular point of declaring that the Islamic State terrorists “are not Islamic.”
Obama Islamic State 8216 is not Islamic 8217

And, let's remember...."you can keep your doctor," and the ever-popular "you didn't build that!"

"....a twisted cultish mind" was Dean's conclusion. I watched the whole video on that link. There was nothing dishonest in his presentation.
You've got a twisted cultish mind, too, PC. You see boogeymen behind every tree and lurking under your trailer.

There are 1,600,000,000 Muslims in the world, SuperTwit. The percentage of them that can be ascertained as ISIS/radicals/jihadists who murder is roughly 30,000.
That's .0020% of the total population of the Muslim faith.

The U.S. sends 2.5 million soldiers to the Middle East and kills 206,000 civilians for a phony war that even our POTUS finally admits was founded on faulty intel. Now who's the twisted cult? We are a much more dangerous bunch of people than a mere handful of radical Islamists.

If you don't possess critical thinking skills, then just do the math.

Speaking of 'doing the math,' you dunce:
40% of Indonesians approve of violence in defense of Islam.
http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailweekly.asp?fileid=20060728.@03

Pew Global: 68% of Palestinian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
43% of Nigerian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
38% of Lebanese Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
15% of Egyptian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
13% of Indonesian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
12% of Jordanian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
7% of Muslim Israelis say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
Support for Suicide Bombings and Bin Laden Still High Among Some Muslims CNS News(Pew Global Attitudes Project September, 2009)

Hey, Duncette, you lose again.
Try actually reading the 6-year-old article instead of distorting and converting it.

"‘Tiny minority’
The poll comes amid reports that the New York Police Department – after taking flak from Muslim organizations – has inserted into a key report on terrorism a “statement of clarification,” saying among other things that a tiny minority of Muslims … subscribe to al-Qaeda’s ideology of war and terror.

Back for another spanking?

Sure:

Islam is a peaceful religion because most Muslims live peacefully and that only a "tiny minority of extremists" practice violence? That's like saying that White supremacy must be perfectly fine since only a tiny minority of racists ever hurt anyone. Neither does it explain why religious violence is largely endemic to Islam, despite the tremendous persecution of religious minorities in Muslim countries.

In truth, even a tiny minority of "1%" of Muslims worldwide translates to 15 million believers - which is hardly an insignificant number. However, the "minority" of Muslims who approve of terrorists, their goals, or their means of achieving them is much greater than this. In fact, it isn't even a true minority in some cases, depending on how goals and targets are defined. Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the Tiny Minority of Extremists Myth

This is a blog.
This is the opinion of the blogger: "In truth, even a tiny minority of "1%" of Muslims worldwide translates to 15 million believers".
There is no data showing 15,000,000 were polled.

The links go to articles about the specific polls conducted and if you would read them instead of just copying and pasting them, you will see stuff like this, for instance:

Muslim Publics Divided on Hamas and Hezbollah
Most Embrace a Role for Islam in Politics
Extremist groups Hamas and Hezbollah continue to receive mixed ratings from Muslim publics. However, opinions of al Qaeda and its leader, Osama bin Laden, are consistently negative; only in Nigeria do Muslims offer views that are, on balance, positive toward al Qaeda and bin Laden.""""

Where did you get your research skills? The Rush Limbaugh School of Sensationalism and Distortion?

So....repeating the lie makes it true?

This is your inspiration?
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
Joseph Goebbels
Not a lie. Christians celebrate military deaths as righteous punishment handed down by god. You are a Christian, and therefore must love military deaths.

"You are a Christian....blah blah blah...."

But you don't know what religion I am.

I could be a Druid....I do look good in blue.
I'm sorry, but i was fairly certain you had mentioned your religion in the past. Are you not a Christian?

1. "...but i was fairly certain..."
“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”
Ronald Reagan

2. Listen, I'd like to tell you, really I would, but this is need-to-know stuff, and why sugarcoat it? You do not need to know, drools.
you seem to think that discussing the religious beliefs of others is acceptable. you did start a thread on it after all. are you not then willing to share your own faith?

and are you saying, by using the reagan quote, that you are not a Christian and that you reject Christ?

On the subject of sharing anything with you.....anything..... if you were on fire and I had water, I'd drink it.

In responding to questions about the horror that took place in Paris earlier today, Democrat/Liberal Howard Deans revealed the sort of honesty that many have come to expect from folks of his political persuasion.

"Howard Dean: Don’t Call Paris Attackers ‘Muslim Terrorists’

... former Gov.Howard Dean (D-VT) immediately dismissed the idea that Islam would be to blame for the attack.

“I stopped calling these people Muslim terrorists,” Dean said on Morning Joe. ”They’re about as Muslim as I am.”

He also said he does not believe ISIS is an “Islamic cult” and thinks it would be unwise to “accord [the gunmen] any religious respect.”

Despite Dean’s early assertions, though, one of the gunmen purportedly said ‘Allahu Akhbar’ in a videothat was released after the attack, and another was reportedly heard shouting “we have avenged the prophet.”
Howard Dean Don 8217 t Call Paris Attackers 8216 Muslim Terrorists 8217 Mediaite

And, in an earlier tale, equally reality-based...
"OBAMA: ISLAMIC STATE 'IS NOT ISLAMIC'

In his prime-time speech to the nation on the eve of the 13th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks, President Obama vowed to “degrade and destroy” the Islamic State insurgency in Iraq and Syria with airstrikes and 475 U.S. boots on the ground – but he also made a particular point of declaring that the Islamic State terrorists “are not Islamic.”
Obama Islamic State 8216 is not Islamic 8217

And, let's remember...."you can keep your doctor," and the ever-popular "you didn't build that!"

"....a twisted cultish mind" was Dean's conclusion. I watched the whole video on that link. There was nothing dishonest in his presentation.
You've got a twisted cultish mind, too, PC. You see boogeymen behind every tree and lurking under your trailer.

There are 1,600,000,000 Muslims in the world, SuperTwit. The percentage of them that can be ascertained as ISIS/radicals/jihadists who murder is roughly 30,000.

The U.S. sends 2.5 million soldiers to the Middle East and kills 206,000 civilians for a phony war that even our POTUS finally admits was founded on faulty intel. Now who's the twisted cult? We are a much more dangerous bunch of people than a mere handful of radical Islamists.

Pew Global: 68% of Palestinian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
43% of Nigerian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
38% of Lebanese Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
15% of Egyptian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
13% of Indonesian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
12% of Jordanian Muslims say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
7% of Muslim Israelis say suicide attacks against civilians in defense of Islam are justified.
Support for Suicide Bombings and Bin Laden Still High Among Some Muslims CNS News(Pew Global Attitudes Project September, 2009)

Try actually reading the 6-year-old article instead of distorting and converting it.

"‘Tiny minority’
The poll comes amid reports that the New York Police Department – after taking flak from Muslim organizations – has inserted into a key report on terrorism a “statement of clarification,” saying among other things that a tiny minority of Muslims … subscribe to al-Qaeda’s ideology of war and terror.

Sure:

Islam is a peaceful religion because most Muslims live peacefully and that only a "tiny minority of extremists" practice violence? That's like saying that White supremacy must be perfectly fine since only a tiny minority of racists ever hurt anyone. Neither does it explain why religious violence is largely endemic to Islam, despite the tremendous persecution of religious minorities in Muslim countries.

In truth, even a tiny minority of "1%" of Muslims worldwide translates to 15 million believers - which is hardly an insignificant number. However, the "minority" of Muslims who approve of terrorists, their goals, or their means of achieving them is much greater than this. In fact, it isn't even a true minority in some cases, depending on how goals and targets are defined. Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the Tiny Minority of Extremists Myth

This is a blog.
This is the opinion of the blogger: "In truth, even a tiny minority of "1%" of Muslims worldwide translates to 15 million believers".

The links go to articles about the specific polls conducted and if you would read them instead of just copying and pasting them, you will see stuff like this, for instance:

Extremist groups Hamas and Hezbollah continue to receive mixed ratings from Muslim publics. However, opinions of al Qaeda and its leader, Osama bin Laden, are consistently negative; only in Nigeria do Muslims offer views that are, on balance, positive toward al Qaeda and bin Laden.""""

Where did you get your research skills? The Rush Limbaugh School of Sensationalism and Distortion?

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can do simple mathematics, and you.

'Current estimates conclude that the number of Muslims in the world is around 1.6 billion,'
Google

What is 1% of 1.6 billion?

I'll wait.

first, i'm not excusing anything, second, they aren't my friends.

What purpose save excusing the acts of the Islamic Terrorists do you have for posting in this thread?

And we see that the demagogue party has rushed to the defense of the terrorist. Friends, allies, partners, call it what you will - your filthy party is cheerleading for the terrorists everytime.

my point is so obvious that even PC is running from it, surely you can deduce it as well.

It is obvious, but here you are claiming the obvious is not your intent.

Not a lie. Christians celebrate military deaths as righteous punishment handed down by god. You are a Christian, and therefore must love military deaths.

I'm sorry, but i was fairly certain you had mentioned your religion in the past. Are you not a Christian?

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”
Ronald Reagan

2. Listen, I'd like to tell you, really I would, but this is need-to-know stuff, and why sugarcoat it? You do not need to know, drools.
you seem to think that discussing the religious beliefs of others is acceptable. you did start a thread on it after all. are you not then willing to share your own faith?

and are you saying, by using the reagan quote, that you are not a Christian and that you reject Christ?

On the subject of sharing anything with you.....anything..... if you were on fire and I had water, I'd drink it.
here's the thing. you are a christian, and you love celebrating the death of our soldiers.

Ronald Reagan

here's the thing. you are a christian, and you love celebrating the death of our soldiers.

You're an imbecile, drooly.
And... If you were a swine, you would be what you are now!

first, i'm not excusing anything, second, they aren't my friends.

What purpose save excusing the acts of the Islamic Terrorists do you have for posting in this thread?

And we see that the demagogue party has rushed to the defense of the terrorist. Friends, allies, partners, call it what you will - your filthy party is cheerleading for the terrorists everytime.

my point is so obvious that even PC is running from it, surely you can deduce it as well.

It is obvious, but here you are claiming the obvious is not your intent.
this thread is about remarks made by howard dean where he says the terrorists were not Islamic, even if they claimed to be. often i find that line of reasoning faulty. i actually do here as well, since someone's faith should be defined by the individual. that said, it's fair to call someone a poor example, or not consistent with the teachings of their claimed faith, wouldn't you agree?

Ronald Reagan

two options PC - you are a Christian, and you love telling grieving families how happy you are their loved one is dead, or you aren't a Christian.

which is it?

Ronald Reagan

two options PC - you are a Christian, and you love telling grieving families how happy you are their loved one is dead, or you aren't a Christian.

which is it?

It is said that a good liar includes as much of the truth as he can; you're not even a good liar.

"‘Tiny minority’

Sure:

This is a blog.

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who can do simple mathematics, and you.

'Current estimates conclude that the number of Muslims in the world is around 1.6 billion,'
Google

What is 1% of 1.6 billion?

I'll wait.

I've already posted the population of Muslims globally on my first post to your ranting, racist thread.

Who said 15,000,000 are active radical murderers, suicide bombers and advocate violence?

Here, you stupid idiot. From Pew:
"""The survey involved a total of more than 38,000 face-to-face interviews in 80-plus languages. It covered Muslims in 39 countries, which are divided into six regions in this report.""

The World s Muslims Religion Politics and Society Pew Research Center s Religion Public Life Project
The World’s Muslims: Religion, Politics and Society

What percentage is 38,000 of 1,600,000,000, genius? Try .0024% you stupid twit.

In Vox Day's book The Irrational Atheist, he cites at least 153,368,610 murders of innocents committed by Atheist regimes. (Vox Day's book is in no way a defense or apology for Christians--I have found no indication that he IS a Christian or member of any other faith.) He does footnote his sources for his figures however.

We can go back to the Biblical accounts of massacres committed by ancient Jews and other ancient sects, to the genocides committed under the banner of Paganism in the Roman Empire all the way throught he Crusades (far more political than religious) and the Inquisition into modern times. We are hard put to find any religious (including the 'peaceful' Buddhists) or Atheist history throughout all of history that does not include mass killings or murders. So finger pointing is not useful when making an intellectual argument that your group is more evil than my group because of its history.

What we are left with is the mindset and modus operendi of those living and acting out in the world today.

And the militant Muslims aren't doing well in the justification department when we look at the world today.

Irrational Atheist is a good term, but I have encountered plenty of irrational theists as well, who loudly proclaim the rotters code of the democrats as just and good. Morality and ethics are not exclusive to Christians, but rather to those who choose to think. Ultimately, leftism is the surrender of ones mind to the collective, accepting group think as a substitute for actual thought. In this can be no morality, no ethics, no values. Values are first and foremost predicated upon reason, a code of life and how to create an environment conducive to life. The distilled truth of collectivism is that individual life has no value, that only the collective matters. Once understood, it is clear that no morality or ethics are possible in such a system; one does not practice systems to protect that which one does not value.

Vox was specifically making an argument against the thesis of three well known Atheists in his book. And to ignore the argument just because Atheists aren't the only 'irrational' folks out there just doesn't wash with the argument I was making with my post. :)

My purpose in bringing it up is to rebut those who have tried to divert the topic to Christian sins and make the thread about that.

The thread is not about who have questionable history. Just about everybody does. This thread is not aboiut who is and who is not 'rational'. The thread is not about who has murdered innocents. Nobody's history is clean on that score.

What should matter, for those who are looking at the topic honestly, is where we should look for those who justify and commit murder of innocents now in today's world. And militant Islam is right at the top of the list of those who can be included.

Bottom line: Howard Dean was very honest about his assessment of a tiny minority of people who manage to snag the headlines with heinous acts that turn idiots like PC into media tools.

which is it?

It is said that a good liar includes as much of the truth as he can; you're not even a good liar.
why can't you just answer a simple question?
ok, we won't make it about you. can you just agree that Christians believe that military deaths are the righteous punishment handed down by God for the misdeeds of our nation?

this thread is about remarks made by howard dean where he says the terrorists were not Islamic, even if they claimed to be. often i find that line of reasoning faulty. i actually do here as well, since someone's faith should be defined by the individual. that said, it's fair to call someone a poor example, or not consistent with the teachings of their claimed faith, wouldn't you agree?

I believe in applying intelligence to a question.

Is someone a poor example of a Muslim? How do we answer that? We can look at the goals of the party and the enemies of the person in question, as Dean and the party have done, or we can use our mind.

IF we decide to think, then the question is, are these acts consistent with the teachings of the Koran and Hadiths? Do these acts follow the pattern set forth by Muhammad? The answer of course is yes. The Korans commands Muslims to kill those who "blaspheme" Muhammad. Muhammad was a violent warlord who murdered, raped, and pillaged across the Arabian peninsula.

Terrorism is the most true representation of Islam..

I believe in applying intelligence to a question.

Is someone a poor example of a Muslim? How do we answer that? We can look at the goals of the party and the enemies of the person in question, as Dean and the party have done, or we can use our mind.

IF we decide to think, then the question is, are these acts consistent with the teachings of the Koran and Hadiths? Do these acts follow the pattern set forth by Muhammad? The answer of course is yes. The Korans commands Muslims to kill those who "blaspheme" Muhammad. Muhammad was a violent warlord who murdered, raped, and pillaged across the Arabian peninsula.

Terrorism is the most true representation of Islam..
and that is your opinion. many, many people would disagree with it.

Bottom line: Howard Dean was very honest about his assessment of a tiny minority of people who manage to snag the headlines with heinous acts that turn idiots like PC into media tools.

I'm going to use Wiki's list because it was the most comprehensive list I could find in a hurry. Do you think it was the same tiny minority who did all this? Can you find any other religion, ideology, or recognizable group anywhere in the world with a track record comparable to this in the last 15 years?

These are all the organized Islamic terrorist attacks in the previous decade beginning late 2000:
And in the five years of the current decade:
2010–current

Forum List

Back