Texas GOP releases statement on SCOTUS decision

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
This decision establishes a precedent that says states can violate the US constitution and not be held accountable.

The US Constitution has no provisions for how states run an election.

The Elections Clause is the primary source of constitutional authority to regulate elections for the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. The Clause directs and empowers states to determine the “Times, Places, and Manner” of congressional elections, subject to Congress’s authority to “make or alter” state regulations. It grants each level of government the authority to enact a complete code for such elections, including rules concerning public notices, voter registration, voter protection, fraud prevention, vote counting, and determination of election results. Whenever a state enacts a law relating to a congressional election, it is exercising power under the Elections Clause; states do not have any inherent authority to enact such measures.

I never was able to complete my law degree and I take great offence to the state AG who is ignorant of just how the Constitution works along with state control of elections....

I never was able to complete my law degree and I take great offence to the state AG who is ignorant of just how the Constitution works along with state control of elections....
The Clause directs and empowers states to determine the “Times, Places, and Manner” of congressional elections, subject to Congress’s authority to “make or alter” state regulations
Let me help you out, counselor. When the "Manner" is done unconstitutionally, per the states constitution, as was the case in Pa (maybe Ca and Mich as well)- then it is illegal- period.

BTW, the link posted by the OP wouldn't work for me, but, I have to ask; what authority does the texasGOP.org have?

The Clause directs and empowers states to determine the “Times, Places, and Manner” of congressional elections, subject to Congress’s authority to “make or alter” state regulations
Let me help you out, counselor. When the "Manner" is done unconstitutionally, per the states constitution, as was the case in Pa (maybe Ca and Mich as well)- then it is illegal- period.

BTW, the link posted by the OP wouldn't work for me, but, I have to ask; what authority does the texasGOP.org have?
Then the state supreme court can rule on the matter and as we have seen in the case of Pennsylvania they did get a ruling on the matter from the Pennsylvania SC...

Then the states supreme court can rule on the matter and as we have seen in the case of Pennsylvania they did get a ruling on the matter from the Pennsylvania SC...
So, then it has to go to US Supreme Court- so, when it does and they rule on it, counselor, what then?

Then the states supreme court can rule on the matter and as we have seen in the case of Pennsylvania they did get a ruling on the matter from the Pennsylvania SC...
So, then it has to go to US Supreme Court- so, when it does and they rule on it, counselor, what then?
It has been rejected by the US Supreme Court already....

It's dead in da water Trump has no more time to go the legal route and not enough Hitleresque to browbeat the states into doing his bidding..
You obviously prefer your brow beating from a source you approve of. Correct?

Forum List

Back