Texas School Worker Shot During Handgun Training Class

TruthOut10

Dec 3, 2012
VAN, TX (KLTV) -
Van ISD Superintendent Don Dunn has confirmed an employee was shot during private instruction after a school district sponsored handgun training safety class.

Multiple sources, including teachers at Van ISD, and from the employee's family, tell us that the employee is Glenn Geddie, who works in the maintenance department for Van ISD. We can confirm that Geddie is at ETMC in Tyler, listed in fair condition.

Back in January, the Van Independent School District school board authorized "certain school employees and other persons" to carry authorized firearms on school property.

"We are going to go above and beyond on all out training," said Van Superintendent Don Dunn back in January. "We're going to start training immediately. It will be every employee who is approved to carry."

Van ISD employee shot at handgun training class - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

VAN, TX (KLTV) -
Van ISD Superintendent Don Dunn has confirmed an employee was shot during private instruction after a school district sponsored handgun training safety class.

Multiple sources, including teachers at Van ISD, and from the employee's family, tell us that the employee is Glenn Geddie, who works in the maintenance department for Van ISD. We can confirm that Geddie is at ETMC in Tyler, listed in fair condition.

Back in January, the Van Independent School District school board authorized "certain school employees and other persons" to carry authorized firearms on school property.

"We are going to go above and beyond on all out training," said Van Superintendent Don Dunn back in January. "We're going to start training immediately. It will be every employee who is approved to carry."

Van ISD employee shot at handgun training class - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

Well, I feel the children should be able to carry as well.

:doubt:

VAN, TX (KLTV) -

Well, I feel the children should be able to carry as well.

:doubt:

And their grandmas too! Granny Clampett was ahead of her time dude!

Damn, couldn't even type a truthful headline could ya? It actually occurred in a private session after the class. But what the hell, no need to let facts stand in the way of a good story, right?

Damn, couldn't even type a truthful headline could ya? It actually occurred in a private session after the class. But what the hell, no need to let facts stand in the way of a good story, right?

Really? Wasted post on your part and that is by I gave you negative points. Best move was to say nothing, because my headline didn't suggest he was shot at school either. :cuckoo:

Well, it doesn't say much for the quality of the firearms instruction now, does it? I question the value in having armed staff/personnel @ a school. & if you're going to stick by your guns & insist that armed response is necessary, do yourself, the children & everyone involved a favor: Scrape up the budget to hire ISOs - who are police assigned to a school building, or on a rotating basis to various schools.

1. They are actual police, with power to arrest, carry arms, & have the small-arms training & legal training to know their boundaries.
2. They are sworn law-enforcement officers, less prone to buck fever, nerves, panic attacks, etc.
3. If you're going to have people wandering the halls with half the power of God on their hip, you might as well go whole-hog & get the best trained people you can.

& best wishes to Mr. Geddie, with hopes for a speedy & full recovery. & the same to the school board of Van ISD.

Really? Wasted post on your part and that is by I gave you negative points. Best move was to say nothing, because my headline didn't suggest he was shot at school either. :cuckoo:

Well I returned the favor, your headline indicated the incident occurred during the handgun training class and if you bothered to read the complete link you would know it happened in a private session after the class was over. You also failed to mention the accident happened after the man had a weapon malfunction, but once again you lefties have no problems with leaving out important facts if they get in the way of your narrative. So take your little -15 negg points and fuck off.

Well I returned the favor, your headline indicated the incident occurred during the handgun training class and if you bothered to read the complete link you would know it happened in a private session after the class was over. You also failed to mention the accident happened after the man had a weapon malfunction, but once again you lefties have no problems with leaving out important facts if they get in the way of your narrative. So take your little -15 negg points and fuck off.

No you fuck off, I didn't write the damn article and the points your making to discredit this article are weak. It was at a SCHOOL sponsored gun training class. Now your take on whether I'm a leftie wasn't the point of the story and all I did was post the story without adding my personal take on the story.

But as a dumb ass "knuckle dragger" you think your best defense is to attack someone like me for posting this story. Wrong, I don't back down from assholes like you.

Forum List

Back