Thank you John Roberts

kaz

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2010
I just wanted to take a moment from the firestorm over Obamacare and remember the man who made the impasse and shut down possible.

John Roberts, who bent over backwards by striking on that the mandate was a tax, even though no one in the case was arguing it was a tax and there is no Constitutional Authority for government to tax whether people have medical insurance or not or to compel people to enter into private contracts with a business.

Then based on the mandate being a tax, he let the rest of the law be implemented even though there is no Constitutional Authority for government to regulate intrastate commerce as the endless mandates are doing.

And he did this because he had a career and his legacy in the liberal media to think about, and that was his priority over his beliefs, his country and intellectual integrity.

So, as we continue to debate funding versus defunding versus repealing in a further divided country with a government that continues to grow ever larger and stronger, let's all take a moment out of our day to remember the man who made it possible.

John Roberts, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

John Roberts is responsible for the death of liberty. You can opt out of social security by opting out of the working world, living off the land, off the grid, etc. Obamacare is (according to Roberts) a tax for simply existing.

I hope the Chief Justice dies a painful death.

John Roberts is responsible for the death of liberty. You can opt out of social security by opting out of the working world, living off the land, off the grid, etc. Obamacare is (according to Roberts) a tax for simply existing.

By your logic you can opt out of the mandate tax by not having any income and becoming eligible for medicaid...

By your logic you can opt out of the mandate tax by not having any income and becoming eligible for medicaid...

Or you could choose to live in a cardboard box.
But for most people that isn't really much of a choice, is it?

The tax is illegal. Someone suggested Obama used blackmail against Roberts to make him change his vote at the last minute.

let me ask this. if obama promised no new taxes, and obamacare is a tax, hasn't obama lied and is giving us a new tax?

I just wanted to take a moment from the firestorm over Obamacare and remember the man who made the impasse and shut down possible.

John Roberts, who bent over backwards by striking on that the mandate was a tax, even though no one in the case was arguing it was a tax and there is no Constitutional Authority for government to tax whether people have medical insurance or not or to compel people to enter into private contracts with a business.

Then based on the mandate being a tax, he let the rest of the law be implemented even though there is no Constitutional Authority for government to regulate intrastate commerce as the endless mandates are doing.

And he did this because he had a career and his legacy in the liberal media to think about, and that was his priority over his beliefs, his country and intellectual integrity.

So, as we continue to debate funding versus defunding versus repealing in a further divided country with a government that continues to grow ever larger and stronger, let's all take a moment out of our day to remember the man who made it possible.

John Roberts, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States of America.

I have to agree.

I would have been happy to see the ACA kicked to the curb where it belonged but did think Roberts gave Romney a gift to run on.

Now I think Roberts fucked us all.

Forum List

Back