Thank you Military

Iceman

Rookie
Nov 4, 2013
By Jack Donovan On November 11, 2013
Veterans Day, 2013.

Last night, at some point I looked over at the TV and saw hundreds of football fans in the stands holding up sign cards that read:

“THANK YOU MILITARY”

I guess my eyes were supposed to tear up and my heart was supposed to fill with gratitude, but instead I was immediately reminded of the scene from Idiocracy where the fat greeter says, “Welcome to Costco. I love you.”

THANK YOU MILITARY. I LOVE YOU.

?Thank You Military? - Jack Donovan

Last edited by a moderator:
My father and most of my uncles served in WW2. They were not mercenaries, and they were fighting for the very freedom that allows you to post such an offensive peice.

Yes, our military men and women have been misused at times. That comes in serving in a system ran by humans. However, individually, they do the best they can in an often confusing environment of conficting values. And anyone knows that when you serve, you obey all legitimate orders. Period. It has to be that way in fog and confusion of war.

There is no 'perfectly moral' war. There is no guiltless way to kill fellow human beings, no matter how virulent the system they are fighting for. And yes, the same military barrier that prevents totalatarian systems from invading our nation, also protects those who are predators within our own society, as well as the citizens that are the basis of our society. Accept that within the best of societies there is injustice. And fight to redress that injustice, not to destroy all that is good because of a small amount that is bad.

Forum List

Back