Thanksgiving Break

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
...is really just a four-day weekend. Pretty nice, and well-timed. After this weekend, the average weekday will consist of teaching 8 classes (roughly 300 students) a day, and three hours of practice, plus a 1 to 1&1/2 hour commute each way.

Job 38:3

...is really just a four-day weekend. Pretty nice, and well-timed. After this weekend, the average weekday will consist of teaching 8 classes (roughly 300 students) a day, and three hours of practice, plus a 1 to 1&1/2 hour commute each way.

No you can't have a raise. And don't go on strike either.

That's good work ethic.

Someone once told me Kei, to show that you "know enough" but never let them know that you know TOO much, or, how you know too much. It starts with a sound education though.

In my neck of the woods, the Monday after Thanksgiving has historically been the first day of antlered deer season, so rural school districts were all closed on Monday, making it a five-day weekend. Oddly enough, they changed the deer season, starting it yesterday (Saturday), but school is still closed on Monday.

The schedule is a little looser these days because Covid taught them how to have "class" even when the little tykes can't come to school, so there is no more need to allow for a couple of "Snow days."

8 classes per day sounds like a lot. I hope they give you a long vacation in the Summer.

In my neck of the woods, the Monday after Thanksgiving has historically been the first day of antlered deer season, so rural school districts were all closed on Monday, making it a five-day weekend. Oddly enough, they changed the deer season, starting it yesterday (Saturday), but school is still closed on Monday.

The schedule is a little looser these days because Covid taught them how to have "class" even when the little tykes can't come to school, so there is no more need to allow for a couple of "Snow days."

8 classes per day sounds like a lot. I hope they give you a long vacation in the Summer.
“Vacation “? Not likely. Summer I’m working and running a youth wrestling program and taking professional development classes. Any free time I can catch in there is time with my wife and boys. We keep hoping to take a trip, but it’s tough to get all the pieces in place. Maybe, just maybe, a weekend down in Jax to see an old college buddy during Christmas break. We’ll see.

Forum List

Back