That's it....no more Google Chrome

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Jesus Christ....that is now the 4th or 5th time when I click the home button (google.com) I am not taken to Google home page, but rather a page telling me I am not signed in and wanting me to go to Chrome appstore.
Screw this.

I stopped using Chrome almost a year ago. :thup:
Though I do believe there's a setting to stop that. Also double check your "home page" just in case it was reset but I'll assume I'm preaching to the choir. :thup:

Though I do believe there's a setting to stop that. Also double check your "home page" just in case it was reset but I'll assume I'm preaching to the choir. :thup:

yeah, that was the first thing I looked at.
It has only done this after I updated a few days ago....bastards.
I call this hijacking.
Back to Firefox....which I left because I kept noticing flash problems.

I call this hijacking.

I assume you're using a 64 bit setup... Why assume, of course you are. :D
Try Waterfox, specifically designed for 64bit systems. I haven't had any issues with it yet. Well at the beginning i did when it checked my add on compatibility every time I opened the browser. Stopped when I made Google search my home page (which I have for all my browsers - DuckDuckGo is the back up search engine).

GOOG is GEVIL.

Friends don't let friends use GOOG.

Jesus Christ....that is now the 4th or 5th time when I click the home button (google.com) I am not taken to Google home page, but rather a page telling me I am not signed in and wanting me to go to Chrome appstore.
Screw this.

I have never clicked on the "home" tab before on chrome in my 3+ years of using it. I just set my own start-up pages and go from there. Whats the BFD?

I did click on by accident the other day and it brought me to an old page i had selected- CNN

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95314

Last edited:
in chrome, go to settings, then, under "appearance" see what address is specified as "home". Mine was set, by me, to CNN years ago which I seldom visit now.

Screw this.

are you saying that its signing you out? I'm guessing that the browser cannot take you to a homepage, that you set, if you're not signed-in. Otherwise it will take you to their default homepage. It would make sense for them to set the default hompage as one that might bring in revenue (app store for instance). For the record- I'm NOT a "computer guy" :p

Last edited:
I only use Google Chrome for gmail which appears to be far better than the email setup provided by Cox cable, my ISP.

I also use Firefox for my main browser, Opera as a backup, and IE as a last resort.

I love google chrome. I love google. It saved my life in more ways I can say.

I dropped Chrome because I wanted to be in charge of using my time, and they usurped it. I found out how to get rid of it and did so. I won't be back to Google any time soon. I don't feel like making 3 stops of their choice before I get to my destination. :evil:

Bing! lets me be me, and if you get specific enough the first time, you have a selection of both websites and images on an instant basis, no "go to my uncle joe's website for permission" and no "have to pick a pocket or two spending junkies paradise" necessary! :)

I call this hijacking.

Totally agree. What I hate is the way no matter what it is you want to download, it seems that they have a little box, hidden away, that is CHECKED, indicating you also want to download and install, Google Chrome. If you fail to see it and don't uncheck it, you've got Google Chrome.

That's sleazy, to say the least. Browser hijack absolutely. Jerks.

Forum List

Back