the abandoning of Bagram may have demoralized Afghan troops .

did the order to basically sneak out of Bagram Airfield in the middle of the night may play a significant role in demoralizing Afghan troops who believed current admin would have their back after the draw down ? very few are asking this question ... US left Afghan airfield at night, didn't tell new commander
We’ve been pretty clear we are leaving. Why would they think we would still be providing air support?

We’ve been pretty clear we are leaving. Why would they think we would still be providing air support?
the point of the op is how we left the airbase . sneaking out in the middle of the night without telling our allies does not send a good message to said allies .. but you know this already ...

the point of the op is how we left the airbase . sneaking out in the middle of the night without telling our allies does not send a good message to said allies .. but you know this already ...
What message should have we sent?

What message should have we sent?
a strategic withdrawal informing and bolstering our allies confidence would have been helpful ... leaving in the middle of the night without informing our allies is not a strategic withdrawal .. face it ! Biden screwed up ! Again !

a strategic withdrawal informing and bolstering our allies confidence would have been helpful ... leaving in the middle of the night without informing our allies is not a strategic withdrawal .. face it ! Biden screwed up ! Again !
We informed our allies we were withdrawing. We’ve been bolstering them for twenty years.

But yeah, that would have made a ton of difference. Sure.

They were “there” in name only.

They were never going to stand up to the Taliban

It was a JOB

And could have waited until winter when the Taliban return home to check up on their families.

And could have waited until winter when the Taliban return home to check up on their families.
Which winter?

Next winter?

Winter five years from now?

It wouldn't have mattered

Also Bagram was a very secure AB that you could land anything and everything at. We abandoned that for Kabul airport which is a nightmare to get into and out of as well as defend. Zero planning.

Also Bagram was a very secure AB that you could land anything and everything at. We abandoned that for Kabul airport which is a nightmare to get into and out of as well as defend. Zero planning.
Thanks General Couchpotato

Thanks General Couchpotato
Do you have some information that disputes what I said? Have you been to Afghanistan? I have numerous times. Flown into and out of both Kabul and Bagram AB. Tell me where I’m wrong. The decision to get out of Afghanistan was a good one. The execution was just criminally incompetent. And it‘s MSgt not General. Thanks.

Do you have some information that disputes what I said? Have you been to Afghanistan? I have numerous times. Flown into and out of both Kabul and Bagram AB. Tell me where I’m wrong. The decision to get out of Afghanistan was a good one. The execution was just criminally incompetent. And it‘s MSgt not General. Thanks.
So a supposed enlisted jerk is now a strategist?

Ohh

yidnar
Hell before they left they should have blown Bagram. Instead they left it for the Taliban along with loads of military equipment that they can use. Wonder how many guns and how much ammo they left??

Before the American left they should have blown the American embassy and every airfield they used. They should have removed every bit of military hardware back to the US.

We informed our allies we were withdrawing. We’ve been bolstering them for twenty years.

But yeah, that would have made a ton of difference. Sure.

How would you feel if you woke up one morning and found out your boyfriend had packed up everything and left without so much as a "F-you"?

yidnar
Hell before they left they should have blown Bagram. Instead they left it for the Taliban along with loads of military equipment that they can use. Wonder how many guns and how much ammo they left??

Before the American left they should have blown the American embassy and every airfield they used. They should have removed every bit of military hardware back to the US.
Why blow up an embassy?

Ever tried blowing up an airfield? It can usually be fixed in a matter of hours.

How many months and how many personnel would it have taken to ship 20 years of acquired equipment back home?

We didn't leave this for the Taliban, We left it for the Afghans to use. That was our mistake.

Forum List

Back