The American economy has left other rich countries in the dust

These types of post are a common theme. A handful of posters who constantly post these absurd threads claiming how great things are.

I often wonder about the motivation behind these ludicrous posts. I do know, however, that it really keeps the Right Wingers blazing and active with countless hours of responses and argument. As if that ever does any good.

Anyone figured it out yet? Fools at play? will I be banned for pointing it out or questioning?

These types of post are a common theme. A handful of posters who constantly post these absurd threads claiming how great things are.

I often wonder about the motivation behind these ludicrous posts. I do know, however, that it really keeps the Right Wingers blazing and active with countless hours of responses and argument. As if that ever does any good.

Anyone figured it out yet? Fools at play? will I be banned for pointing it out or questioning?

Feel free read the articles and then come back and comment on them.

the actual facts are many people are not doing that great compared to what they were a few years ago....especially the retired ......

This is true, but those people always exist.

The actual facts are posted in the link if any of you are willing to challenge their own world views and read it.

I am not holding my breath.

This is true, but those people always exist.

The actual facts are posted in the link if any of you are willing to challenge their own world views and read it.

I am not holding my breath.
i have no problems with your numbers...but you and a few others here who post the same type of stuff seem to scoff at the many who say they are not doing that great.....yea we have always had poor people...but many of the retired were not having problems 4-5 years ago are now experiencing money issues....but as long as the stock market is up you guys dont care or think their plight is bullshit....their problems are real...

The American economy has left other rich countries in the dust​

Expect that to continue​

1729002876317.png

1729002851489.png

Total employment and the unemployment rate in the United States from 1980 to 2023, with projections until 2029​

1729003153134.png

Number of employees in the European Union (EU27) from 1st quarter 2009 to 1st quarter 2023​

1729003480646.png

i have no problems with your numbers...but you and a few others here who post the same type of stuff seem to scoff at the many who say they are not doing that great.....yea we have always had poor people...but many of the retired were not having problems 4-5 years ago are now experiencing money issues....but as long as the stock market is up you guys dont care or think their plight is bullshit....their problems are real...

Yes, inflation took a toll on those people. That cannot be undone and was a world wide event and in the US was caused by teamwork of both the parties handing out money like candy during COVID.

Would you rather that bout of inflation be followed by high UE and a recession or would you rather it be followed by what we see today? If you look at all the economic metrics, minus inflation, what we are seeing now is just as good if not better than during the "best economy in history" under the previous admin

The people that are suffering are those that rely on SS and maybe a fixed pension. I was just listening to a podcast this morning while walking my dog and he made the statement that if you retire with just a fixed pension and SS, the best year of your retirement is the first year, and every year after that will get worse.

Those that are retired that have market investments are loving life right now.

Yes, inflation took a toll on those people. That cannot be undone and was a world wide event and in the US was caused by teamwork of both the parties handing out money like candy during COVID.

Would you rather that bout of inflation be followed by high UE and a recession or would you rather it be followed by what we see today? If you look at all the economic metrics, minus inflation, what we are seeing now is just as good if not better than during the "best economy in history" under the previous admin

The people that are suffering are those that rely on SS and maybe a fixed pension. I was just listening to a podcast this morning while walking my dog and he made the statement that if you retire with just a fixed pension and SS, the best year of your retirement is the first year, and every year after that will get worse.

lots of those on fixed pensions had many years were they did not have to reach into their savings....now they are.......and the stock market could go down next week...

I am not complaining, just sitting in my new home by the Elk River....

lots of those on fixed pensions had many years were they did not have to reach into their savings....now they are.......and the stock market could go down next week...

It could indeed. So again, which is better...the economy doing as well as it is after the bout with inflation or would you prefer a recession with high UE and a crashed market?

Nothing can undo the few years of inflation, all we can do is move forward and keep the economy pumping. Yet the fact that it is just seems to piss you off to no end, why is that?

Explain how things are terrible.

It could indeed. So again, which is better...the economy doing as well as it is after the bout with inflation or would you prefer a recession with high UE and a crashed market?

Nothing can undo the few years of inflation, all we can do is move forward and keep the economy pumping. Yet the fact that it is just seems to piss you off to no end, why is that?
it pisses me off when you guys try pass things off like everything is just fine.....a couple of months ago it was these people were just exaggerating or they dont know how to budget now im starting to see stuff like well they are just poor and have always been poor...no its not that....many of these people had very little to complain about financially....now they are..

Our economy has recovered from the Trump/Covid inflation very well.

This may be the softest landing for economic recovery ever in the USA.

I and millions of other have doubled, tripled, and bettered our wealth in the last four years.

it pisses me off when you guys try pass things off like everything is just fine.....a couple of months ago it was these people were just exaggerating or they dont know how to budget now im starting to see stuff like well they are just poor and have always been poor...no its not that....many of these people had very little to complain about financially....now they are..

How are things not fine. Inflation has come down. I know that prices have not, but they never do after a bout of inflation.

UE is good and looks to stay that way.

Wages are catching up.

Job creation is staying strong.

Rates are coming down.

As I said in my other post, at this point there is not one single economic measure that is not as good or just as good as what Trump had and he claims have to have had the best economy in history.

How are things not fine. Inflation has come down. I know that prices have not, but they never do after a bout of inflation.

UE is good and looks to stay that way.

Wages are catching up.

Job creation is staying strong.

Rates are coming down.

As I said in my other post, at this point there is not one single economic measure that is not as good or just as good as what Trump had and he claims have to have had the best economy in history.
try looking at it from the people im talking about view....when you go to the store and they go to the store 2 different reactions....and that perception matters in the voting booth...

Forum List

Back