Zone1 The Announcements Forum is not Your Personal Whine Fest Regarding Moderator Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont Taz Me Bro has accomplished something, here, that seemed impossible. He got Dadoalex to write a post with which I find myself in complete, 100% agreement.

The process is opaque.
Threads are moved with little or no explanation beyond what seems to be moderators unwillingness to moderate.
Threads move and messages from MODS bragging about it (yes moo boy I mean you)
People banned with no explanation
People banned because some MODS can't use a dictionary...

One can understand the MODS desire to keep their ...issues... under the sheets but by doing so you create the problem this OP wants to solve.

That the moderators take such great offense at any public discussion of their actions is a major symptom of deeper problems. What do they think they need to hide, and why?

That has nothing to do with it and you'll find this is a standard rule on most Internet forums.

That the moderators take such great offense at any public discussion of their actions is a major symptom of deeper problems. What do they think they need to hide, and why?
That has nothing to do with it and you'll find this is a standard rule on most Internet forums.

In this case, it has everything to do with it.

The lack of transparency, accountability, and consistency in how this forum is mismanaged, is its biggest problem, by far. Yo make up the rules as you go along, applying them in an uneven, inconsistent, irrational manner; refusing to take even a vestige of responsibility for your abuses and the results thereof.

And now, you've started this thread to whine about how the users of this forum have responded to the grotesque mismanagement of it.

If it bothers you so much that the people on this forum do not like the way that you and your team are running it, perhaps you should take a deeper look into how you are running it.

You have all the power, but without us users, this forum would be nothing. Perhaps it is past time that you and your team recognize this fact, and think about treating those of us who provide all the content on this forum with a bit more respect.

If it bothers you so much that the people on this forum do not like the way that you and your team are running it, perhaps you should take a deeper look into how you are running it.

People will always have issues with the way this or any forum is moderated and most of the complaints generally stem from the habitual rule breakers.

Offering criticism isn’t whining.

Mods need to collectively accept criticism. Especially when criticism is actually due. And you can complain that it isn’t always due. Maybe. Maybe not. But that’s part of the process.

I have been subject to perfectly fair moderation and I have been subject to unfair moderation.

But when a mod gets criticized, why should it have to be in private? And why do mods need to denigrate a complaint as a whine or a whine fest? Suck it up and address the criticism. That’s all.

I do hope this post is considered as fairly and properly responsive to the OP’s attempted point.

Offering criticism isn’t whining.

Mods need to collectively accept criticism. Especially when criticism is actually due. And you can complain that it isn’t always due. Maybe. Maybe not. But that’s part of the process.

I have been subject to perfectly fair moderation and I have been subject to unfair moderation.

But when a mod gets criticized, why should it have to be in private? And why do mods need to denigrate a complaint as a whine or a whine fest? Suck it up and address the criticism. That’s all.

I do hope this post is considered as fairly and properly responsive to the OP’s attempted point.
It’s done in private so that they can talk to posters like crap and then ban them for being argumentative. lol

“If three men say you are an ass, put on a bridle.” — old Spanish proverb​

There's no challenge in getting SassyIrishLass and me to agree on something. To get either of us to agree with Dadoalex, on the other hand, is a very rare and extraordinary thing.

So, Dont Taz Me Bro, here are the three of us telling you that you are an ass.
Not calling anyone an ass...this time.

The OP is trying to correct a perceived problem by telling the victims of the perceived abuse to STFU.
That attitude doesn't address the problem but will encourage more complaints.
If the complaints weren't valid they would be few and far between and this OP wouldn't exist.

The cures
Before moving a thread, make a serious attempt to moderate and/or message the OP to give the opportunity to correct flaws in the OP
Before banning suspend the user and give the poster an opportunity to defend the post.
Post moves and bans in a public forum including the reason for the ban/move
Last but certainly not least, no single mod should be able to take independent action beyond removing a post w/o input from at least 2 other mods.

These won't eliminate MOD bias,. real or perceived, but will lessen the impact of individual mods on the flow of communication on this board.

You are so strong your Mightiness . Got any photos ? So many of my fellow posters are such snivellers and whiners . But not you . I'm not sure what it is about the past month,
A form of sumer menstruation perhaps .

I have found out a couple of things about discussion groups like this over the last 30 years, myself

One, is that there are always teacher's pet/ hall monitor mod wannabes constantly running around telling people about the rules.

The other thing I have found is that sometimes these are actually sock accounts of various mods, themselves.

What would happen if Mods worked on cause rather than effect?

What would happen if they treated everybody the same rather than differently?

What would happen if people were judged based upon what they said instead of who they are?

What would happen if Mods stopped targeting the people they hate?

What would happen if they treated people as people instead of peons?

What would happen if Mods actually took responsibility for their actions?

What would happen if Mods could justify an action by citing an actual RULE?

Seems to me that there would be far fewer complaints if Mods addressed the cause rather than just trying to squash the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back