The Boston Tea Party was an act of terrorism

Was the Boston Tea Party an act of terrorism?

• Total voters
It was justified civil disobediance and nothing more

This is interestingly where I often split from many when discussing the American Revolution.

Now I am fully on the side of those like Franklin, Adams, Washington, and others. All of whom considered themselves loyal Englishmen and fought hard to try and reach some sort of compromise.

However, I am also largely against his cousin, Samuel Adams and most of his "Sons of Liberty" who did indeed use violence to try and achieve their goals.

I have no issue with "Civil Disobedience", so long as it is just that, Civil.

I have an issue with those that want to cause harm as part of their disobedience. And that is harm to people or property.

"Civil Disobedience" when it is civil and does not harm is not "Terrorism". Dr. King and his marches were about as civil as one could get, there the terrorism was used against them. And yes, I do indeed call what was done to the marchers in places like Selma and Montgomery "Terrorism", because that is exactly what it is. And if a group wants to have a peaceful march, I do not care who they are I support them and their right to have their march. Be they the KKK, the League of Women Voters, ANTIFA, or the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Everybody in this nation has a guaranteed right to protest, so long as it is civil and peaceful. But the moment any groups starts to harm property or others, they have immediately lost all of my support and I think they should be put down.

Attachments

• 1702843062909.png
    1702843062909.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 4
If you want to insult me you're gonna hafta do better than that. Random meaningless crap doesn't bother anyone, much less me.

Obviously it does; all you deviants get upset about being outed.

Last edited:
A horde of White men disguised themselves as Native Americans — coppering their faces and donning headdresses in the same tradition that would lead to blackfaced minstrel shows decades later — to commit seditious conspiracy and destroy private property. The riotous mob trespassed on three ships and destroyed goods worth nearly $2 million in today’s money — all because they didn’t want to obey a duly passed law.
I love this article, if for nothing else that it speaks truths, while asking serious questions

maybe yu culd arest them.

A horde of White men disguised themselves as Native Americans — coppering their faces and donning headdresses in the same tradition that would lead to blackfaced minstrel shows decades later — to commit seditious conspiracy and destroy private property. The riotous mob trespassed on three ships and destroyed goods worth nearly $2 million in today’s money — all because they didn’t want to obey a duly passed law.
I love this article, if for nothing else that it speaks truths, while asking serious questions

Dante, didn't you know? The Boston patriots first tried to reason with the King of England. But guess what. He'd have NOTHING TO DO WITH COMMONERS FROM AMERICA WHOM HE DISDAINED, not having met with a single one of them. He also wouldn't speak to any of the colonial Americans. Prisoners in Great Britain had more representation than they had because the legal folks would have none of it either. They considered Colonials unworthy of speaking to for any stinkin' reason. The Colonials in Boston were a little braver than anyone else. Their needs were few but were important to the people. They couldn't get the dogcatcher in London to speak for them. They had nothin'. And they worked their hein ends off for who knows how many hardships they faced day to day. The tea tax was the last straw. The brave Bostonians decided that since nobody would listen to them, they might listen to the atrocity of losing their investment in the tea drinkers in the American colonies. The only thing of a seditious conspiracy and advantage taking of people they overcharged and overtaxed for personal wealthy gain was the corruption they rubbed in the faces of good people in the colonies who were taken advantage of in every imaginable way. Life was hard for them, harder when their spare money, which wasn't much, was sent to a King who was too high and mighty to lend an ear to their issues.

Defending your life and your life's work from predators is not sedition. Just the opposite. The Colonists took the only choice they had--to reject the dirty birds sucking the fruits of their hard work away. I rest my case on the fact the colonists did the right thing to dump the damn tea in the ocean and make coffee their liquid of choice for all, saving the brandywine they had to relieve the pain of the dying and corruption of flesh wounds by cleaning out rot.

Their tea party was the first act of disobedience that engendered the Revolutionary War against predators from across the Atlantic Ocean.

Dante, didn't you know? The Boston patriots first tried to reason with the King of England. But guess what. He'd have NOTHING TO DO WITH COMMONERS FROM AMERICA WHOM HE DISDAINED, not having met with a single one of them. He also wouldn't speak to any of the colonial Americans. Prisoners in Great Britain had more representation than they had because the legal folks would have none of it either. They considered Colonials unworthy of speaking to for any stinkin' reason. The Colonials in Boston were a little braver than anyone else. Their needs were few but were important to the people. They couldn't get the dogcatcher in London to speak for them. They had nothin'. And they worked their hein ends off for who knows how many hardships they faced day to day. The tea tax was the last straw. The brave Bostonians decided that since nobody would listen to them, they might listen to the atrocity of losing their investment in the tea drinkers in the American colonies. The only thing of a seditious conspiracy and advantage taking of people they overcharged and overtaxed for personal wealthy gain was the corruption they rubbed in the faces of good people in the colonies who were taken advantage of in every imaginable way. Life was hard for them, harder when their spare money, which wasn't much, was sent to a King who was too high and mighty to lend an ear to their issues.

Defending your life and your life's work from predators is not sedition. Just the opposite. The Colonists took the only choice they had--to reject the dirty birds sucking the fruits of their hard work away. I rest my case on the fact the colonists did the right thing to dump the damn tea in the ocean and make coffee their liquid of choice for all, saving the brandywine they had to relieve the pain of the dying and corruption of flesh wounds by cleaning out rot.

Their tea party was the first act of disobedience that engendered the Revolutionary War against predators from across the Atlantic Ocean.

Leftists don't want to hear facts, they just spew crap.

Apparently this tea party was the first ever recorded event of someone assuming someone else's identity. I bet leftists will go insane over this.

Oh, in today's lexicon, it most certainly was terrorism as well as sedition and insurrection, and if today's democrats were around back then, they would have been reporting the people who did it to the British authorities, demanding their immediate executions, the seizure of all their property, and their families driven into the streets so the democrats could harass and physically force them from the area. In short, today's democrats are the British Loyalists of the Revolutionary era. Certainly not the patriots.

~~~~~~
Indeed, in the eyes of the British it was sedition. In the eyes of the Colonists it was an act of rebellion against inordinate high taxes imposed upon them.

Exactly 250 years from the event that started the Revolution

18 Dec 2023 ~~ By Dan Hannan
Exactly 250 years ago, on Dec. 16, 1773, a gang of rowdies, some dressed as Mohawk braves, boarded three merchant ships in Boston Harbor and, over three hours, dumped 342 chests of tea into the cold waves. A new law had, in fact, lowered the price of tea, but they still resented paying a token levy on it.
Everyone knows the American Revolution began as a taxpayer revolt. What not everyone realizes is that that taxpayer revolt started on the other side of the Atlantic. Great Britain had had to whack up taxes to pay for the French and Indian War, and residents of the colonies were largely exempt. By the late 1760s, the average British adult paid 25 shillings a year in tax, but the average colonist paid only sixpence. British MPs, under pressure from their hard-pressed constituents, wanted to address this imbalance by making Americans assume part of the cost of their own defense.

WILL THE ECONOMY GET BETTER IN 2024?
What happened next was, in one of those ironies in which history abounds, enormously expensive for all involved. The country gentlemen in Parliament who had authorized the use of force to get revenue from the colonies ended up imposing vast new land and legacy duties on their constituents to pay for the war. American patriots who had taken up arms rather than pay what was demanded ended up, after independence, taxing themselves far more harshly than they had ever been taxed under the crown.
It turns out that people don’t care about low taxes nearly as much as they think they do. Or, more precisely, that fiscal conservatism is the first thing to go in a crisis.
The modern Tea Party movement, which claimed direct inspiration from those Bostonian hotheads, has followed the same trajectory, losing interest even as spending has surged.
“Because of tariffs we will be able to start paying down large amounts of the $21 trillion in debt that has been accumulated, much by the Obama administration,” former President Donald Trump declared at the start of his presidency, forgetting that tariffs are themselves a tax on Americans.
~Snip~
Well, I care. I care that the U.S. deficit is now the single biggest threat to its security and, by implication, the survival of the Western world order. I don’t believe that the Republican congressmen refusing to fund Ukraine are chiefly motivated by parsimony. Dislike of President Joe Biden, a lingering resentment of Ukraine’s cameo role in the Trump impeachment, and a fear of Putin-leaning primary voters are a bigger factor. But if the United States were running a surplus, they would have no excuse.

The sad fact is that, during the lockdowns, a lot of people came to expect government handouts. The reason there is no meaningful Tea Party movement is that there is no demand for one. What a sad way to mark the anniversary.

Forum List

Back