The Boston Tea Party was an act of terrorism

Was the Boston Tea Party an act of terrorism?

• Total voters
Not treason either.

But certainly not terrorism.

"Our founders were traitors."

Please, go away.

A horde of White men disguised themselves as Native Americans — coppering their faces and donning headdresses in the same tradition that would lead to blackfaced minstrel shows decades later — to commit seditious conspiracy and destroy private property. The riotous mob trespassed on three ships and destroyed goods worth nearly $2 million in today’s money — all because they didn’t want to obey a duly passed law.
I love this article, if for nothing else that it speaks truths, while asking serious questions

:th_Back_2_Topic_2:

"A nation’s myths — exaggerated or imagined as they might be — shape its identity. Scholars claim these myths merge fiction and truth, transform incidents into parables, become sacred and resilient in the face of scrutiny, and influence personal and group behavior. If you want to know what a nation thinks of itself, listen to the stories that persist. And if you want to know whom a nation values, look to the heroes of those myths."

Try as one might, it's difficult to ignore the facts:

A horde of White men disguised themselves as Native Americans — coppering their faces and donning headdresses in the same tradition that would lead to blackfaced minstrel shows decades later —

to commit seditious conspiracy

destroy private property

The riotous mob trespassed on three ships and destroyed goods worth nearly $2 million in today’s money

all because they didn’t want to obey a duly passed law.
:th_Back_2_Topic_2:

Back on it

You're full of shit.
Ha! Dante is not.

I have a hobby of reading scholarly works and serious history of the colonies in North America leading up to and a bit after the so-called American revolution, which for my family with roots going back to the 1600s there is really a civil war.

I see neighbors, friends, relatives being turned on each other. Fuck that war between the states shit later on. The American revolution was the first civil war for Americans. Yes, we were called Americans long before the 1770s.

go back to teaching a Junior High School civic class, feeling like that makes you an educated scholar on anything.

Forum List

Back