The Budget Deficit Has Reduced by $200 Billion

CherryPanda

Aug 12, 2014
The deficit of the budget in 2014 happened to be the smallest deficit recorded since 2008. In comparison to the last year, the number has reduced by a third. The reduction was caused by increasing tax revenue while expenses kept growing, but slower than during previous years.

I guess, this is really good news. Though I personally have my doubts about the data.

I mean, how come tax revenue is higher than expenses? Was the tax burden increased? Did anyone notice that? Plus, we have been spending quite a lot on different spheres, specifically on social programs. Including ACA, immigrants on the border, etc (not forgetting military operations). So where did this $200-billion difference come from?

So, actually, my question is whether we should trust the news and be glad about the improvement or we should doubt the trustworthiness of the data and the way it was collected?

Monthly Budget Review for September 2014 Congressional Budget Office

The deficit of the budget in 2014 happened to be the smallest deficit recorded since 2008. In comparison to the last year, the number has reduced by a third. The reduction was caused by increasing tax revenue while expenses kept growing, but slower than during previous years.

I guess, this is really good news. Though I personally have my doubts about the data.

I mean, how come tax revenue is higher than expenses? Was the tax burden increased? Did anyone notice that? Plus, we have been spending quite a lot on different spheres, specifically on social programs. Including ACA, immigrants on the border, etc (not forgetting military operations). So where did this $200-billion difference come from?

So, actually, my question is whether we should trust the news and be glad about the improvement or we should doubt the trustworthiness of the data and the way it was collected?

Monthly Budget Review for September 2014 Congressional Budget Office

Dubya/GOP took US to less than 15% of GDP in revenues (1950's levels). Remember the tax increases for ACA? And increasing taxes on families $450,000+?

Clinton had US at 20%-21% of GDP. Obama will have US back to 17.3% of GDP this year (estimates) and 18.3% next year)

Historical Source of Revenue as Share of GDP

Deficit down...national debt up.

Go figure.

Debt has risen ever year since early 1800's. No big deal. It's revenues that are the problem!

Guess what? Sooner or later raising unsustainable debt becomes a very big deal.

Your Messiah will likely double the national debt during his reign of disaster.

But hey....no big deal....right? We must keep the welfare warfare oligarchy going....until it stops.

Go figure.

Debt has risen ever year since early 1800's. No big deal. It's revenues that are the problem!

But hey....no big deal....right? We must keep the welfare warfare oligarchy going....until it stops.

Weird, Ronnie tripled US Debt and Dubya doubled it AND most of the debt under Obama is from GOP/Dubya policies

SERIOUSLY? GUT REVENUES TO 1950'S LEVELS AND GO TO 2 WARS AND GIVE US A MEDICARE EXPANSION? LOL

Yeah, it's the Dem Prez fault *shaking head*

Among the 254 counties where food stamp recipients doubled between 2007 and 2011, Republican Mitt Romney won 213 of them in last year’s presidential election, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. Kentucky’s Owsley County, which backed Romney with 81 percent of its vote, has the largest proportion of food stamp recipients among those that he carried.

Food Stamp Cut Backed by Republicans With Voters on Rolls - Bloomberg

Red States Mostly Welfare States Dependent On Blue States But Likely Too Uninformed to Know

Red States Mostly Welfare States Dependent On Blue States But Likely Too Uninformed to Know

Go figure.

Weird, Ronnie tripled US Debt and Dubya doubled it AND most of the debt under Obama is from GOP/Dubya policies

SERIOUSLY? GUT REVENUES TO 1950'S LEVELS AND GO TO 2 WARS AND GIVE US A MEDICARE EXPANSION? LOL

Yeah, it's the Dem Prez fault *shaking head*

Among the 254 counties where food stamp recipients doubled between 2007 and 2011, Republican Mitt Romney won 213 of them in last year’s presidential election, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data compiled by Bloomberg. Kentucky’s Owsley County, which backed Romney with 81 percent of its vote, has the largest proportion of food stamp recipients among those that he carried.

Food Stamp Cut Backed by Republicans With Voters on Rolls - Bloomberg

Oh please....stop with your grade school argument. Like ah....like ah..the Rs do it too....lalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Of course the Rs do it. They are progressive statists just like you.

Forum List

Back