The Catholic Church used to teach No Salvation Outside the Church... then the liberal popes came along..

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
It's called extra ecclesia nulla salus

no salvation outside the Church (the Church Christ established and He only established ONE)

The true Church Christ founded is being preserved by SSPX - Society of St Pius X

the novus ordo churches are liberal. As stated elsewhere, there is good there in t hose churches, but there is also much bad... that church has been infiltrated by evil people, which I suppose could be said of ANY church... because there are humans there, and eveywhere else.... and as we know humans are sinful/rebellious -- AND ubiquitous .

But anyhow... Pope St Pius V taught this: extra ecclesia nulla salus and he is a canonized saint.. So we can believe him rather than... popes who associated w/ the likes of Saul Alinksy (Montini... aka Paul VI)... As stated elsewhere by yours truly, the canonizations of the fake popes are not valid... John XXIII a saint? Right... But somehow Pius XI is not? Please...

But we had a pretty good Church up until the late 50s..

I know... we've always had bad popes...

but I think things have really come to a... shall we say, a very unkosher place in this century........

Last edited:
Protestants probably get worried reading that the Catholic Church teaches (used to/should teach) this, especially if they wonder, as I am sure most do, whether or not the claims of the Cahtolic Church can ever be believed

I don't know... never been a protester

I have been a very clueless Catholic, though... until a good priest came along and set me straight... He told me Best thing about Catholic Church: The Real Presence...

Then I studied CAtholicism and found out about Best thing About Catholic History

SSPX

but I think things have really come to a... shall we say, a very unkosher place in this century........
I keep in mind that 1/12 of the Apostles failed--and that was someone chosen by Jesus. I haven't made a list and done the math, but let's consider that perhaps 1/12 of our Pope's failed; 1/12 of our Cardinals and our Bishops and our Priest--and every day Catholics.

What the Church decided in Vatican II has little to do with our daily life and negates nothing that Jesus taught us as individuals. Jesus extends his love and his peace, and that still reaches into individual lives. Jesus did not give me a Church to run, but he did give me my life. I run that life according to his teachings (at least that is the ideal for which I strive each day).

I keep in mind that 1/12 of the Apostles failed--and that was someone chosen by Jesus. I haven't made a list and done the math, but let's consider that perhaps 1/12 of our Pope's failed; 1/12 of our Cardinals and our Bishops and our Priest--and every day Catholics.

What the Church decided in Vatican II has little to do with our daily life and negates nothing that Jesus taught us as individuals. Jesus extends his love and his peace, and that still reaches into individual lives. Jesus did not give me a Church to run, but he did give me my life. I run that life according to his teachings (at least that is the ideal for which I strive each day).
I agree w/ something like 99% of this... only thing wrong appears to be (highlighted).

It does have something to do w/ our everyday life because, for one... or is it just me and a few others out there... are disturbed at having a heretic lead the Church. This leads people away from the Church (which they should be led away from the novus ordo "mess" as some have called it) and also leads non-Catholics away from it. Listening to some non-Catholics here at the forum I see that they can tell truth from error.. they see it in the "political" realm and they see it in the religious realm, which some of us do not separate (depending...)...

so... People who would otherwise look into Catholicsm... they listen to the liberal BS the pope spouts and think OMG... everything my pastor has told me about the Catholic Church is true... I won't be attending RCIA as planned...

terrible... (although, again... they should abstain from the novus ordo RCIA)

so people could be going to Hell.. and THAT affects or should affect every "everyday" Catholic...

or is it just me and a few others out there... are disturbed at having a heretic lead the Church.
I suspect the greater percentage of us others are too busy being led by Jesus in our daily life to focus too much on the Pope. The Pope has nothing to do with my everyday life, and very little to do with parish or even diocesan life.

I suspect the greater percentage of us others are too busy being led by Jesus in our daily life to focus too much on the Pope. The Pope has nothing to do with my everyday life, and very little to do with parish or even diocesan life.
well, i notice you have no comment about how all this corruption and heresy and liberalism is drawing people into Hell, something I am sure you c annot disagree with....

well, i notice you have no comment about how all this corruption and heresy and liberalism is drawing people into Hell, something I am sure you c annot disagree with....
I know God's love and His holiness. Being aware of how much He cares for me is an eye opener on how much He cares for everyone. It's God's love and holiness I wish to proclaim--

not the horrors of hell.

I know God's love and His holiness. Being aware of how much He cares for me is an eye opener on how much He cares for everyone. It's God's love and holiness I wish to proclaim--

not the horrors of hell.
Jesus spoke more about Hell than Heaven

so there's that

Meriweather is not a peacefully sleeping owl anymore.. He got mad at me and flew off

LOL

Jesus spoke more about Hell than Heaven

so there's that
Are you sure about that? About three percent of what Jesus said reference hell; ten percent talks about heaven or the Kingdom of God. The other eighty-seven percent Jesus speaks about this life, relationships with God, relationships with people and how to successfully navigate this life.

Meriweather is not a peacefully sleeping owl anymore.. He got mad at me and flew off

LOL
No, I am still here. Also, I make it a point to stay away from online sites if I am miffed about anything (even if it is merely being miffed over getting the wrong order at lunch). I am just slow, incredibly slow at times. I want to think through what I am about to say, and I definitely want to contemplate what others say. It is easy to misunderstand online texts, and I like to avoid doing that. :)

Are you sure about that? About three percent of what Jesus said reference hell; ten percent talks about heaven or the Kingdom of God. The other eighty-seven percent Jesus speaks about this life, relationships with God, relationships with people and how to successfully navigate this life.
I've never counted up verses on Hell v those on Heaven

but I've heard from sources who have studied the issue that that is so... He spoke more on Hell...

maybe I will grab my trusty Douay Rheims and get to work trying to find out for myself... but then again... not sure that is best use of my time?

No, I am still here. Also, I make it a point to stay away from online sites if I am miffed about anything (even if it is merely being miffed over getting the wrong order at lunch). I am just slow, incredibly slow at times. I want to think through what I am about to say, and I definitely want to contemplate what others say. It is easy to misunderstand online texts, and I like to avoid doing that. :)
or maybe you just don't like the topic?

i myself find it fascinating.. I've been deprived all my adult life until recently.. of the TRUE Catholic faith and all it has to offer.. I could get very angry about that... but whatever... what good would that do?

I mean, i hate what Vatican II did to the Church... and then we poor Catholics who were not catechized (until we catechized ourselves)... we had to pay the consequences... long story what I mean but I HAVE had my personal life impacted by such ignorance...

I've never counted up verses on Hell v those on Heaven

but I've heard from sources who have studied the issue that that is so... He spoke more on Hell...

maybe I will grab my trusty Douay Rheims and get to work trying to find out for myself... but then again... not sure that is best use of my time?
From what I recall, those who promote Jesus speaking more of hell than of heaven do a couple of things: First they include verses where Jesus is not referencing hell, but internal reactions when one gets upset or angry; second they miss some of the eternal life verses.

What I find most interesting is that over and above speaking of heaven or hell, Jesus focuses almost ninety percent of his teachings on daily life, a relationship with God, and our relationships with others. Makes the afterlife seem a less important focus than how we live our daily life and manage our relationships, doesn't it?

or maybe you just don't like the topic?

i myself find it fascinating.. I've been deprived all my adult life until recently.. of the TRUE Catholic faith and all it has to offer.. I could get very angry about that... but whatever... what good would that do?

I mean, i hate what Vatican II did to the Church... and then we poor Catholics who were not catechized (until we catechized ourselves)... we had to pay the consequences... long story what I mean but I HAVE had my personal life impacted by such ignorance...
Long ago, I was more fascinated by St. Teresa of Avila (The Interior Castle) and also the writings of St. John of the Cross and St. Frances de Sales. When I was in middle school, I ready about the three children of Fatima, St. Bernadette, and Juan Diego.

I simply don't have the interest in any type of bureaucracy--found it more interesting to read about what the Saints were doing/saying easy to ignore misbehaving Popes. Most of the popes were not that bad. Those that were never seemed to follow one after the other. The Vatican and the Church are much more than any one Pope.

Long ago, I was more fascinated by St. Teresa of Avila (The Interior Castle) and also the writings of St. John of the Cross and St. Frances de Sales. When I was in middle school, I ready about the three children of Fatima, St. Bernadette, and Juan Diego.

I simply don't have the interest in any type of bureaucracy--found it more interesting to read about what the Saints were doing/saying easy to ignore misbehaving Popes. Most of the popes were not that bad. Those that were never seemed to follow one after the other. The Vatican and the Church are much more than any one Pope.
i can't argue w/ that last thing.. or much of anything here except that, again, it disturbs me that liberals are ruining our country AND the Church... just as they always do.. although the word LIberal never used to have the extremely negative connotation it has today, to be sure.

I have read books on the saints also.. St Francis, St Teresa.. I loved reading about St John of the Cross.. that poor guy... the things he went through at the hands of FAKE Catholics..

I also love St Jude, Patron of Impossible things.. He seems to intervene in some very interesting ways :)

From what I recall, those who promote Jesus speaking more of hell than of heaven do a couple of things: First they include verses where Jesus is not referencing hell, but internal reactions when one gets upset or angry; second they miss some of the eternal life verses.

What I find most interesting is that over and above speaking of heaven or hell, Jesus focuses almost ninety percent of his teachings on daily life, a relationship with God, and our relationships with others. Makes the afterlife seem a less important focus than how we live our daily life and manage our relationships, doesn't it?
the afterlife is the most important thing... A lot of things God has allowed to happen to me point to this truth in spades.. I think we get far too attached to the things of the here and now.. and God cares too much about us to allow that kind of thing to continue..

which reminds me.. I think of the elites in Dc and how just so terribly immoral they are.. pushing the murder of children in the womb.. and they just seem so hopeless.. like they have reached a point where they CANNOT or virtually cannot even think about repenting... which I know is not exactly the case bc everyone thinks about such things... presumably...

which reminds me.. I think of the elites in Dc and how just so terribly immoral they are.. pushing the murder of children in the womb.. and they just seem so hopeless.. like they have reached a point where they CANNOT or virtually cannot even think about repenting... which I know is not exactly the case bc everyone thinks about such things... presumably...
In studying Genesis, it was pointed out that ancient man wanted his descendants to know that lack of self-discipline points to the decline of any nation--and when a society lacks sexual discipline the nation should become very concerned about its likely downfall. The story of Jonah and Nineveh provides us some hope--that things can turn around.

I think the one thing our Founding Fathers failed to consider was instituting term limits. I don't know if Congress will ever be strong enough to pass a Constitutional Amendment for term limits. It also wouldn't hurt to put an ending date on every new bureaucracy. Bureaucracy should be temporary agencies set up to do a specific job and then disbanded. And no Lobbying. For anything.

In studying Genesis, it was pointed out that ancient man wanted his descendants to know that lack of self-discipline points to the decline of any nation--and when a society lacks sexual discipline the nation should become very concerned about its likely downfall. The story of Jonah and Nineveh provides us some hope--that things can turn around.

I think the one thing our Founding Fathers failed to consider was instituting term limits. I don't know if Congress will ever be strong enough to pass a Constitutional Amendment for term limits. It also wouldn't hurt to put an ending date on every new bureaucracy. Bureaucracy should be temporary agencies set up to do a specific job and then disbanded. And no Lobbying. For anything.
I agree 1000%.. I like the system in TX. All the Congresspersons have other jobs.. and Congress only meets... well, not regularly. It is not a full time job for them..

the fed gov could learn a lot from that TX system.

So

Was the Church right way back when when it taught extra ecclessia nulla salus?

or is it right now, now that the liberal popes have changed this?

If Catholics do not understand this... well, there's internet to find info... I would go to SSPX if you want the truth...

Forum List

Back