The Coliseum (Alameda County Corrections Stadium) is going bye-bye...

$180 million?

The Astrodome in Houston has been vacant for years because of a measly $20 million note the city signed over 20 years ago to make Bud Adams and the Oilers happy. Then they left town. Demolishing the Astrodome means paying off the note. It is still sitting there empty.

Good luck.

$180 million?

The Astrodome in Houston has been vacant for years because of a measly $20 million note the city signed over 20 years ago to make Bud Adams and the Oilers happy. Then they left town. Demolishing the Astrodome means paying off the note. It is still sitting there empty.

Good luck.

Hey that paragon of progressive virtue Don Perata made a paltry 12,600 an hour (while a county politician) working to bring the Raiders back from LA. With scumbags like that on the payroll the Raiders can do pretty much anything they want.

We used to play at least twice a season. ;)

:)

peace...

Yes we did.

The AFC West was a very competetive division before the Hawks went NFC.

At one time the Raiders had the best football player to ever put on a uni in Bo Jackson.

It was a crime how his career was cut short.

Before the Seahawks franchise was established I was an Oakland fan.

Davis was a pimp ! He always had the most outrageous sun glasses. :lol:

Madden was a great coach. The Raiders have a great history of flamboyant teams with entertaining athletes.

The Raiders ruined the Coliseum with that awful Mt. Davis.

I hope we can get the A's in a new waterfront park...and then they can blow the Coliseum to smithereens for all I care.

$180 million?

Good luck.

wow had no idea that place was STILL there.:lol: whats really funny and ironic about it all is when the astrodome first came into existance,it was called the third world wonder of the world.:lol::lol::lol::D

Report: Raiders in talks to tear down Coliseum | FOX Sports on MSN

Good Riddance... :thup:

Last time I was there was with the Wife about 12 years ago for a Donkey/Nation game... the stories from that one game.

It's a Horrible Facility.

RAIDER NATION.

peace...

Im going down there to get my firsthand look at the dump when i go down there to watch them play my chargers..i am curious to see it since thats all i have heard about it all these years is that its a dump.would like to see it before it gets worn down.

it hasnt been torn down yet and they wouldnt be sharing a stadium.if davis was smart,he would jump on it.lol

peace...

Yes we did.

At one time the Raiders had the best football player to ever put on a uni in Bo Jackson.

Madden was a great coach. The Raiders have a great history of flamboyant teams with entertaining athletes.

The Raiders moving back to oakland was the smartest thing they ever did.When they moved to LA,after they won the superbowl,they went hollywood and lost their toughness and no longer were motivated to work out hard during the off season because they got too caught up in the glamour of it all out there.

they say LA RAIDERS when they announce superbowl winners but they SHOULD say OAKLAND RAIDERS because the team consisted mostly of players from oakland that won that superbowl,they had only been in LA a couple years when they won it and only a handful of their players were LA players. as far as Jackson goes,i didnt feel one bit sorry for him at all.He brought it on himself.

He could have easily been one of the greatest running backs of all time had he devoted himself full time to football instead of trying to impress everybody by playing another sport he sucked at. He found out firsthand the body can only take so much punishment and going right into football after 6 months of baseball took its toll on him only having a couple months to rest. Him and Dion sanders both were good football players,but they sucked at baseball.

Al Davis was an asshole.He tried everything he could to try and get rid of marcus allen bringing in Bo jackson to replace him but marcus outlasted him and got the last laugh on him.I really was happy for marcus that the pitiful LA raiders laid an egg against the chiefs everytime marcus and the chiefs played them and marcus beat AL in EVERY game.

thank god cleveland moved away because thanks to them,the NFL passed new rules that make it much tougher for NFL teams to relocate thats why a lot of people are not using their heads thinking the raiders could move back to LA again soon because they dont meet the critera that you have to have to able to where the rams do,their stadium situation is totally different than the raiders situation is and they will be free agents free to leave to another city after this year if they so desire.they got the second worst attendance in the NFL and have no following whatsoever there,why would they want to stay there when if they come back to LA,they have an established fanbase that will be eager to have them back?

that was why the cards left saint louis in the first place because saint louis is purely baseball town.they dont care about football one bit at all in that city.they didnt even embrace the rams when they first moved there.the first four years they were there,they had losing seasons and that place wasnt even half empty back then.it was mostly empty which is the case now.they are fair weather fans.

Last edited:
I went to the A's opener this year with a bunch of people from work, and had a wonderful time in one of the private suites.

That's the only time I've been there.

it hasnt been torn down yet and they wouldnt be sharing a stadium.if davis was smart,he would jump on it.lol

Well, Davis is dead, so that would be a bit of a stretch.

WHEN did mark davis die? thats news to me as Im sure it is to everybody here.you got some kind of scoop for us on that?please share,enlighten us .:lol::lol::lol::D:lmao::lmao::lmao:

When people say "Davis" in regard to the Nation they are Speaking of Al.

If you meant Mark... You need to Qualify it.

"Davis" is a Legend... Mark is not.

The NFL as you know it is because of Davis. :thup:

peace...

except nowhere in there did I ever say Al so thats being ignorant assuming i would be talking about Al.:cuckoo:

peace...

Yes we did.

Um, two words you forgot: Ken Stabler.

Forum List

Back