The commie government agency THE FDA, wants to regulate the cheese on a pizza.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
There were several hidden gems in the 2010 Obamacare Act. I think we’ve all seen how our premiums have taken off, or the fact that our doctors were smart and either went into concierge medicine or stopped accepting your crappy insurance. But now, it seems like the wizards of wellness that were released with this monstrosity want to regulate your pizza.

Yep. On May 7th all businesses that sell food and have 20 or more locations to post calories in a place where their customers can see them. The FDA thinks it’s a great idea for these calories to be put on the walls of the establishment.

Why? Why do businesses have to go to all this trouble and expense to post the nutrition info on their delicious, affordable food? Because the nanny state demands it. You see, the nanny state wants to nudge you into different behaviors. Therefore, if the nutrition information is posted on the wall, you might see that the #2 Combo at Whataburger will probably take up most of your caloric intake for the day. If you have that info, the nanny staters say, you will make healthier choices. Because you’re fat and too stupid to realize that eating that double meat double cheese with bacon and extra large fries is causing you to be fat.

The regulation requires that the nutrition info be posted in stores, which is problematic for at least one major category of fast food—pizza.

Think about it—Domino’s estimates that there are 34 MILLION different combinations available to their customers. The government wants the person who walks into the Domino’s store to be able to see EXACTLY how many calories their 16 inch hand tossed crust with extra sauce, four kinds of cheese, green peppers, olives, and every meat known to a delicatessen will set them back. That kind of info has to be posted for every combination. In the store.

But, the FDA is refusing to look at reality here. According to one Domino’s franchisee who owns 18 stores, 90% of his customers don’t come into his store at all. They either order on-line, through the app, or occasionally call. They. Do. Not. Come. In. The. Store. So, they won’t have access to all this nanny state goodness.

The FDA Wants To Regulate Your Pizza | iHeartRadio

Do not worry though. The left wing rich white elitists can have all of the cheese they want. Just like THEY can live behind walls. Just like THEY can be protected by guns. Just like THEY can have enormous carbon footprints.

However, the middle class cannot.

I prefer to know how many calories I eat at each meal it's called weight control. I also like to know the ingredients I am purchasing along with fat content for any future strokes I'd like to avoid..

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
There were several hidden gems in the 2010 Obamacare Act. I think we’ve all seen how our premiums have taken off, or the fact that our doctors were smart and either went into concierge medicine or stopped accepting your crappy insurance. But now, it seems like the wizards of wellness that were released with this monstrosity want to regulate your pizza.

Yep. On May 7th all businesses that sell food and have 20 or more locations to post calories in a place where their customers can see them. The FDA thinks it’s a great idea for these calories to be put on the walls of the establishment.

Why? Why do businesses have to go to all this trouble and expense to post the nutrition info on their delicious, affordable food? Because the nanny state demands it. You see, the nanny state wants to nudge you into different behaviors. Therefore, if the nutrition information is posted on the wall, you might see that the #2 Combo at Whataburger will probably take up most of your caloric intake for the day. If you have that info, the nanny staters say, you will make healthier choices. Because you’re fat and too stupid to realize that eating that double meat double cheese with bacon and extra large fries is causing you to be fat.

The regulation requires that the nutrition info be posted in stores, which is problematic for at least one major category of fast food—pizza.

Think about it—Domino’s estimates that there are 34 MILLION different combinations available to their customers. The government wants the person who walks into the Domino’s store to be able to see EXACTLY how many calories their 16 inch hand tossed crust with extra sauce, four kinds of cheese, green peppers, olives, and every meat known to a delicatessen will set them back. That kind of info has to be posted for every combination. In the store.

But, the FDA is refusing to look at reality here. According to one Domino’s franchisee who owns 18 stores, 90% of his customers don’t come into his store at all. They either order on-line, through the app, or occasionally call. They. Do. Not. Come. In. The. Store. So, they won’t have access to all this nanny state goodness.

Do not worry though. The left wing rich white elitists can have all of the cheese they want. Just like THEY can live behind walls. Just like THEY can be protected by guns. Just like THEY can have enormous carbon footprints.

What is so hard about calculating the calories in pizza?
Simple computer program to add up ingredients

I prefer to know how many calories I eat at each meal it's called weight control. I also like to know the ingredients I am purchasing along with fat content for any future strokes I'd like to avoid..
You could always ask.

:dunno:
Yeah, a counter clerk usually has no idea what is on the menu much less the content of each ingredient...You are asking way too much of a simpleton who can only get a counter clerk job in a restaurant...

Yeah, a counter clerk usually has no idea what is on the menu much less the content of each ingredient...You are asking way too much of a simpleton who can only get a counter clerk job in a restaurant...
The specific point is...

Make it a competative point for your business. The owners will do it or lose your dollars, especially in the insanely competitive pizza industry.

The general point is...there is no need for one of only 2 Statist solutions. The free market makes it happen.

The specific point is...

Make it a competative point for your business. The owners will do it or lose your dollars, especially in the insanely competitive pizza industry.

The general point is...there is no need for one of only 2 Statist solutions. The free market makes it happen.
The free market doesn’t do shit

Unless everyone has to comply, nobody will

Why didn’t the free market end smoking in restaurants?

I make pizza at home and can make it any way I like with zero govt. control..

The problem is that unlike processed foods in a factory these are made at least partially by hand. The cheese isn't measured out exactly, the # of pepperoni per pizza isn't measured out exactly, and you can't put every combo up on the board.

What the real issue is that if the business is off by even a bit, it opens them up to lawsuits for false advertising, and that is the real reason they oppose this.

You would get some lawyer ordering a pizza, and breaking it up for calorimeter measurements.

"Your honor they said it was 1300 calories, but i measured it at 1500 calories, therefore they owe me money"

The specific point is...

Can't trust business anymore than you can trust govt.

If you're considering eating pizza and actually need someone else to provide more data, you may want to just consider eating something else.

The problem is that unlike processed foods in a factory these are made at least partially by hand. The cheese isn't measured out exactly, the # of pepperoni per pizza isn't measured out exactly, and you can't put every combo up on the board.

What the real issue is that if the business is off by even a bit, it opens them up to lawsuits for false advertising, and that is the real reason they oppose this.

You would get some lawyer ordering a pizza, and breaking it up for calorimeter measurements.

"Your honor they said it was 1300 calories, but i measured it at 1500 calories, therefore they owe me money"
Every pizza joint I know of weighs out portion control or by volume per order...You have to for price control..

You do know that controls like this are made to drive Mom and Pop operations out of business so corporate bigwigs can dominate the market?

Every pizza joint I know of weighs out portion control or by volume per order...You have to for price control..

Not the ones I go to.

and what about when you buy by the slice? does each pizza have a 100% even distribution of cheese, sauce, toppings and bread thickness?

Forum List

Back