The Constitution Prohibits Trump From Ever Being President Again

I see you're trying to change the direction of your previous posts.

images
You’re the one who lied about having evidence, not me.

There is absolutely no interference that was enough to do anything , and the few micro cases where just about all the rights haters that DID IT. SO i SAY LETS JUST DUMP YOUR PARTY , THEY CHEATED.
Only issue with you is some clown demanded evidence of democrat interference in previous elections.....

So I provided it.......Now he, and you can't handle it........ :biggrin:

Only issue with you is some clown demanded evidence of democrat interference in previous elections.....

So I provided it.......Now he, and you can't handle it........ :biggrin:
Second time you made that worthless claim.

It will never go away. Trump was financed by Russia, according to Don Jr., the fledgling ass hole traitor.
LOL.........your stooges are now floating the Hitler mantra......wore out Russia.

Get a life.

The question on whether Trump is an officer is the big question

Article Two vests the power of the executive branch in the office of the president of the United States,

The office of the president is occupied by the president and he has his helpers

he is the head officer of that branch of government. The Executive Branch

Officer definition = a holder of a public, civil, or ecclesiastical office:

Trump would be unable to hold the office of the presidency if found guilty of not upholding the oath of office he took to protect the constitution.

There are 2 parts to the 5th amendment. The first part is “No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger;”

This just saying you can’t be held to answer for a capital crime unless indicted by a grand jury.

Then there is, “NORshall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; ”

This is saying a person can’t be held in jeopardy for the same offense twice.

Also, any judgement that results in prison time has to be a criminal offense. I don’t believe you can get prison time from a civil trial.

I don’t know where you’re getting all of that from, A14S5 says “
The Congress shall have the power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.”

It doesn’t say anything about state powers in there. It places the power for disqualification in the hands of the federal Congress. Are you suggesting that states can also impeach a president?

A1S4: “The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.”

All A1S4 does is give states the power to determine how elections for representatives and senators are held. It gives no power to the state for presidential qualification or disqualification.

Sure, and back to the beginning we go. What determines if someone has engaged in insurrection or rebellion? Someone just has to say it? What are the penalties for insurrection or rebellion? And STILL nobody has charged Trump with insurrection or rebellion. Those are actual laws, that one has to be charged with. Again, are you suggesting we can send someone to prison just because we “say” they committed a crime? No, we cannot, due process is afforded to even presidents you don’t like.

You keep forgetting section 5…and the powers of federal congress in enforcement of the article 14. If that wasn’t the case, there would have been no need to even write section 5.

And when Trump is constitutionally prohibited from assuming office, via charge and conviction in a federal court, a state can then remove him from the ballot.

It doesn’t say that, it says that in capital matters, one must be indicted by a grand jury, but further down, it says NOR shall any person be held in jeopardy twice for the same offense. And again, if you’re calling this a civil action, then at most he pays a fine. It still doesn’t disqualify him from office.

Again, so someone can just “deem” that he engaged in insurrection? Again, you seem to stop reading at section 3, and that’s all there is. It is not self enforcing. It takes action from Congress, as defined in S5.

It doesn’t say anything about state powers in there. It places the power for disqualification in the hands of the federal Congress. Are you suggesting that states can also impeach a president?

You just inadvertently destroyed your own argument with that analogy.

No, states cannot impeach a president. Why? Because the Constitution states the House of Representatives have "SOLE power of impeachment." The 14th Amendment does NOT state Congress has "SOLE" power to enforce the elements of that Amendment. That leaves it open for states to render decisions based on the 14th Amendment.

Forum List

Back