The Daily Dog

Part Husky?

I have a friend whose Husky has one brown and one blue eye, so I call her "Old Blue Eye".
Mine has one blue eye and one brown eye....I call him "Rambo".

6025-1581816780-d9b660407e9808f616ea0ec54f627769.jpg

Lovely - now he looks part husky?
Not sure...He's got the pointed ears of a Husky....and he's thick about 80lbs....curled tail....but he's got the colors of a Doberman.

It's always a guessing game - he is stunning and looks like a lot of fun :)
He understands English pretty well.
Can smell if I have a treat for him before I get in the door.
And hears everything going on outside.
Hell of a watchdog.

Part Husky?

I have a friend whose Husky has one brown and one blue eye, so I call her "Old Blue Eye".
Mine has one blue eye and one brown eye....I call him "Rambo".

6025-1581816780-d9b660407e9808f616ea0ec54f627769.jpg

Lovely - now he looks part husky?
Not sure...He's got the pointed ears of a Husky....and he's thick about 80lbs....curled tail....but he's got the colors of a Doberman.

It's always a guessing game - he is stunning and looks like a lot of fun :)
He understands English pretty well.
Can smell if I have a treat for him before I get in the door.
And hears everything going on outside.
Hell of a watchdog.

My guys are like that...thing is...they think squirrel patrol is analogous to intruder alert ;)

I'll take a dog or cat over a human most anytime. Post yer Daily Dog updates!

I have 5 cats.....Velcro....Hobbs...Max...Sam....and Bob...and only one of them is a boy.
Hobbs is the biggest...female....Hemingway Coon.....6 toes.

Cool..I just have two now (caveat is coexistence with dogs) but, my Mom has had Main Coons. She recently lost her old boy and is in the process of adopting a new kitten!\
I love cats and dogs...:)

I have 5 cats.....Velcro....Hobbs...Max...Sam....and Bob...and only one of them is a boy.

Cool..I just have two now (caveat is coexistence with dogs) but, my Mom has had Main Coons. She recently lost her old boy and is in the process of adopting a new kitten!\
I prefer cats...especially females...but I've had my share of males.
None of them sleep with Rambo...but Sam sleeps with me every night...in my arm. Sam and Bob like to play with Rambo.
Velcro hates everyone except me.....and she barely tolerates me.
My Siamese, Maxine..she's a bit skittish because Hobbs and Bob pick on her.

Last edited:

images

My two buddies...
Betsy Ross and Christopher Gadsden.

View attachment 306733

View attachment 306734

OMG they are grown up! Gorgeous kids :)

If you only knew......
They've torn up two complete re sods in the backyard at this point.
We're going to give em a year or so to mellow out before we try again.
This is our sixth set of Boxers so we knew what to expect.....New furniture and sod is to be expected.

Wyatt is closing on 9 months...he has been the most destructive adolescent I can remember and a total kleptomaniac. When he gets an idea in his head - he doesn't let go of it easily.

When I'm cleaning the house, I use those swiller dusters - he loves them. He steals them, pulls off the duster part and shreds it. He follows me around the house angling for a chance to snatch it. I went through 4 of those things in one day.
Well, you certainly know what to put in his Christmas stocking, don't you?
An Aussie is a type of shepherd, isn't it? He needs more to do, Coyote. You know anyone with a sheep farm near you?

An Aussie is a type of shepherd, isn't it? He needs more to do, Coyote. You know anyone with a sheep farm near you?

If an Aussie doesn't have cattle, sheep it will herd people! Mine would pin weak souls against the wall and keep them there, Snarl and bite ankles (had no teeth, ate rocks) I laughed so hard couldn't even correct her.

My two buddies...

View attachment 306733

View attachment 306734

If you only knew......
This is our sixth set of Boxers so we knew what to expect.....New furniture and sod is to be expected.

Wyatt is closing on 9 months...he has been the most destructive adolescent I can remember and a total kleptomaniac. When he gets an idea in his head - he doesn't let go of it easily.

When I'm cleaning the house, I use those swiller dusters - he loves them. He steals them, pulls off the duster part and shreds it. He follows me around the house angling for a chance to snatch it. I went through 4 of those things in one day.
Alas not near enough, but this summer I hope to start him where I used to take his father for lessons. It is about 2.5 hrs but a lovely drive :)

If an Aussie doesn't have cattle, sheep it will herd people! Mine would pin weak souls against the wall and keep them there, Snarl and bite ankles (had no teeth, ate rocks) I laughed so hard couldn't even correct her.
Boy is that familiar! My first Aussie was like that, only she was a stealth nipper, she skulk behind and nip them in the butt!

Had an Aussie, Blue heeler, wonderful dog. Gone since 2004. Have Chinese Crested now, one is 16 this month, other had to be put down (Gray one). Strokes.

jByXRGQ.jpg

oub.jpg
16, wow! That is a good life :). Lovely dogs :). I have a friend who does agility with Crested’s, they are athletic!

This is Wyatt’s father, Cowboy. We worked both sheep and cattle with him, I am hoping Wyatt has talent there as well :)

06670FFF-26F9-4C8B-A31C-DD3E35E9E24E.jpeg

My two buddies...

View attachment 306733

View attachment 306734

If you only knew......

Alas not near enough, but this summer I hope to start him where I used to take his father for lessons. It is about 2.5 hrs but a lovely drive :)
That's Aussie love! You're a dedicated human, Coyote.

My two cats, a male and a female, know two phrases, "Who wants wet food (canned food)", and "Who wants wants crazy stuff (Cat Nip)."

They get all fired up.

Forum List

Back