The Danger and the leverage of Public name recognition

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
She hasn't announced yet and but everybody has grown used to the idea that Hillary will not only run but she will become the next President. I have never seen such a lopsided media advantage for any other candidate ...and I do mean NEVER. Clinton's name has been a household word for the past twenty years and at this point she rates right up their with Ted Kennedy ( you remember him...Senator Stumble-bum ) as far as democratic political capital is concerned. That kind of momentum is probably going to be impossible to beat frankly and sadly. HOWEVER.....if the GOP starts now with a vision and a choice....long before the stupid ass summer convention comes and gets behind a duo...Say .. Romney and Allen West....they too can grab the leverage and advantage that comes with longevity in the Public mind. They can't catch up to Hillary but because the public mindset is 80 percent today and only twenty percent yesterday they can certainly make some very large inroads if they start NOW.

This has always been my complaint with the GOP. They wait too long and miss the leverage factor that bites them in the ass at the polls when the Zombies stagger in with one eye closed and just pull the lever for the first thing they Recognize on the Rorschach retention scale. They are neither Democrat nor Republican but Political Zombies, transients that live somewhere outside their bodies and wander about waiting for someone to tell them what their opinion is. These are the voters that change election results. The only way to get them is to softly whisper in their ears over and over again what they need to know. Instructing them is futile. They have no neural storage.

The GOP could start by running a candidate who is qualified and that's not gonna happen.

:itsok:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back