The Donald overrules the FAA...Grounds the Boeing 737

As a 50+ years aviation (pilot) experience I am somewhat more suspicious of the training of certain foreign pilots than of Boeing's hardware. Instructions originally in American English do not always translate well into other languages and pose certain difficulties for instructors training those whose primary language is other than American English. Been there; done that.

Note, I said "hardware". Some of today's automated flights systems bring to mind HAL in "Clockwork Orange".

fantastic
dybtqxnxbxl21.jpg

It's the right thing to do after 2 crashes in less than a year.
Beautress, I LOVE your siggie. Oh lord, I needed that. Thanks.

Just read the fine print. Ooopppss. But I was talking about the picture, and I stand by it.
Oh, OldLady, I was thinking about my family. My older brother and I had 3 younger brothers and sisters after I turned 9 years old. Only two of them are left, and it'd sure be lonely without them. They were my tomorrow, and I didn't even know it when their cute little curly blond heads came into this world. We may change with age. :eusa_angel:

As a 50+ years aviation (pilot) experience I am somewhat more suspicious of the training of certain foreign pilots than of Boeing's hardware. Instructions originally in American English do not always translate well into other languages and pose certain difficulties for instructors training those whose primary language is other than American English. Been there; done that.

Note, I said "hardware". Some of today's automated flights systems bring to mind HAL in "Clockwork Orange".
HAL is in 2001 A Space Odyssey, but I agree. HAL is pretty damned scary AI.

The articles I've read, though, the software makes the plane think it's stalling. There are ways to respond. Not everyone has had the training.

I just cant find where in the constitution this power exists
The FAA is a paramilitary outfit and operates on an interstate basis, ergo it is subject to Presidential Executive Orders as an understandable consequence, imho.
I thought this happened in another country,,,and the premise the FAA works under is not what was meant under original intent of the commerce clause

and his action was against a private company not the FAA

The FAA is a paramilitary outfit and operates on an interstate basis, ergo it is subject to Presidential Executive Orders as an understandable consequence, imho.

This was an Emergency Order by the Executive, not a typical Executive Order.

I thought this happened in another country,,,and the premise the FAA works under is not what was meant under original intent of the commerce clause
The country of the plane's origin is the USA, whether we like it or not, and we are held liable if anything bad happens our country sold or took to a foreign country where it crashed. Political maneuvering can place blame wherever it cares to and after taking it to the UN, I'm pretty sure that facts could take on a whole 'nother dimension in the building that is shaped like a shoe made for someone with an ingrown toenail. *sigh*

That article said the FAA counseled the President to ground the planes, Puppz. Maybe you should reword your title?

Nope. The grounding is a result of a presidential EO not an FAA directive. The FAA has the legal power to do ground 'em. They balked...Trump did it.
I think you're trying to make the Pres look like a hero here when he was behind the eight ball on this one, and everyone and his uncle had already grounded the plane, while Trump had the flash of genius to call his buddies at Boeing and ask if the planes were safe. They are going to tell you, aren't they Donald? Criminy.
The FAA received information today that made it clear the crash in Ethiopia was software related. THEY were the ones who told Donald to ground the jets.

Sorry, Puppz. Unless you've got an article that says what you've conjectured in your title, you should fix it.

The country of the plane's origin is the USA, whether we like it or not, and we are held liable if anything bad happens our country sold or took to a foreign country where it crashed. Political maneuvering can place blame wherever it cares to and after taking it to the UN, I'm pretty sure that facts could take on a whole 'nother dimension in the building that is shaped like a shoe made for someone with an ingrown toenail. *sigh*
NO we are not held responsible,,,the company is

Forum List

Back