The Donald overrules the FAA...Grounds the Boeing 737

That article said the FAA counseled the President to ground the planes, Puppz. Maybe you should reword your title?

Nope. The grounding is a result of a presidential EO not an FAA directive. The FAA has the legal power to do ground 'em. They balked...Trump did it.
I think you're trying to make the Pres look like a hero here when he was behind the eight ball on this one, and everyone and his uncle had already grounded the plane, while Trump had the flash of genius to call his buddies at Boeing and ask if the planes were safe. They are going to tell you, aren't they Donald? Criminy.
The FAA received information today that made it clear the crash in Ethiopia was software related. THEY were the ones who told Donald to ground the jets.

Sorry, Puppz. Unless you've got an article that says what you've conjectured in your title, you should fix it.

OL you made me think of something. An ongoing battle with a friend.

---- HOW do you pronounce "criminy"? Long I or short?

That article said the FAA counseled the President to ground the planes, Puppz. Maybe you should reword your title?

Nope. The grounding is a result of a presidential EO not an FAA directive. The FAA has the legal power to do ground 'em. They balked...Trump did it.
I think you're trying to make the Pres look like a hero here when he was behind the eight ball on this one, and everyone and his uncle had already grounded the plane, while Trump had the flash of genius to call his buddies at Boeing and ask if the planes were safe. They are going to tell you, aren't they Donald? Criminy.
The FAA received information today that made it clear the crash in Ethiopia was software related. THEY were the ones who told Donald to ground the jets.

Sorry, Puppz. Unless you've got an article that says what you've conjectured in your title, you should fix it.

Long

Long

I didn't ask you ---- I already knew you'd be wrong. :deal:

Long

Only a dumbass lib would pronounce it with a short I. lol

Now... let’s get back on topic.

Short. Never heard of it with a long I. Cryminnee?

As a 50+ years aviation (pilot) experience I am somewhat more suspicious of the training of certain foreign pilots than of Boeing's hardware. Instructions originally in American English do not always translate well into other languages and pose certain difficulties for instructors training those whose primary language is other than American English. Been there; done that.

Note, I said "hardware". Some of today's automated flights systems bring to mind HAL in "Clockwork Orange".
HAL is in 2001 A Space Odyssey, but I agree. HAL is pretty damned scary AI.

The articles I've read, though, the software makes the plane think it's stalling. There are ways to respond. Not everyone has had the training.
How can the computer think the plane is stalling if the air speed indicators are above stall speed? Unless they don't work.....

Boeing knew they had a problem and were already working on a software fix BEFORE the 2nd plane went down.
Boeing said the government shutdown slowed them down training pilots how to respond.
Past sins aside, the complete cancellation of all the plane flights ends any more crashes associated with Boeing's 737s. They're 30 years old and these planes are going down twice too often now, although once was quite enough. :cry: I hope they build electronics that last forever from now on.

Long

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
I’m messing with pogo.

:clap2: WINNER.

I have a friend (from Rochester) who insists it's a long I. :cuckoo:

The other word we battle on, at the risk of pushing my luck, is "Kibosh". Accent on first or second syllable?

Long

WHERE ARE YOU FROM?
I’m messing with pogo.
Well, you can mess with him, but Merriam Websters says a correct pronunciation IS CRYMINEE

The other word we battle on, at the risk of pushing my luck, is "Kibosh". Accent on first or second syllable?
OMG. I'm from Rochester, too.

Second syllable.

OMG. I'm from Rochester, too.

Second syllable.

DOUBLE WINNER. My friend says "KYE-bosh". :rofl:

Yanno what, maybe she's fucking with me. She would too, in a heartbeat.

OK I'm gonna print out your responses here and make her eat them.

Umm... this friend was a flight attendant until 9/11. Just to insert some topic content.

Where the fuck do you get "overruled" out of something the FAA and Boeing already agreed to?

What, yer gonna tell us "Rump knows more than the FAA" now?

Nice touch for a klown who couldn't even keep the registration on his own plane up to date....
Just like a fairy tale, Mr. Pogo, AirForceOne was a good alternative for our dear and good President Donald Trump. Job opportunities are present for more Americans than any other time in History thanks to his knowing what brings on affluence to people who never had any before.

Thank you, sir. I stand corrected.

There's a specific legal distinction. Trump just used the same authority he used for the border wall emergency. Wait till the libs figure that out.
the border wall is about national security and this is about a private company

and last I heard we have not gone full communist/fascist,,, yet
That's because we have a good President who plays by the Constitution's rule, and not Fancy Nancy's. :iyfyus.jpg:

but the constitution doesnt have a place that gives POTUS that authority,,,you may be thinking of the russian constitution
Who do you think controls the airspace over any country?

GOD!!!

some humans
As a 50+ years aviation (pilot) experience I am somewhat more suspicious of the training of certain foreign pilots than of Boeing's hardware. Instructions originally in American English do not always translate well into other languages and pose certain difficulties for instructors training those whose primary language is other than American English. Been there; done that.

Note, I said "hardware". Some of today's automated flights systems bring to mind HAL in "Clockwork Orange".

Interesting Henri --- 50 years in aviation and another 50 in radio? How old are you exactly?

Can we get a sneak preview of what other professions you're going to claim in future?
some humans are capable of doing more than 1 thing at a time

HAL is in 2001 A Space Odyssey, but I agree. HAL is pretty damned scary AI.

The articles I've read, though, the software makes the plane think it's stalling. There are ways to respond. Not everyone has had the training.
How can the computer think the plane is stalling if the air speed indicators are above stall speed? Unless they don't work.....

Boeing knew they had a problem and were already working on a software fix BEFORE the 2nd plane went down.
Boeing said the government shutdown slowed them down training pilots how to respond.
The pilots work for Boeing not the government.

some humans

Interesting Henri --- 50 years in aviation and another 50 in radio? How old are you exactly?

Can we get a sneak preview of what other professions you're going to claim in future?
some humans are capable of doing more than 1 thing at a time

I know for a fact that you can't work in a radio station (Henri's previous claim) if you're flying a jumbo jet, so ..... no.

Forum List

Back