🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The election is over so why is social media still banning/deleting posts they deem wrong?

Whats the goal here?

Suppress anger from the right befor the runoff senate race?

Force congress to break them up/strip them of protections?

Think they can permanently control public discourse if they just keep the propaganda machine oiled with the fresh remains of the 1st amendment?

Seriously can't say this loud enough....

FUCK THESE COMPANIES!

Fake News deserves to be treated like Fake News
And maybe many of these posts sole purpose is to enrage certain members and encourage violence.
So you agree that they are acting as publishers and not open platforms, thus undeserving of the protections from civil liability afforded to them by the government.

Thank you both for proving my point.

They support Truth, Justice and the American Way

Trump lies don’t pass muster
Their lies don't pass muster-------

hence why we have FREE SPEECH in order to hear all sides and decide for ourselves who is the bullshitter.

Free Speech says nothing about there being no consequences for what you say or that your claims can’t be questioned

Am I mistaken or Is this not the case?
It’s not the case.
So what is the law around publishers and platforms such as magazines and phone companies? IOW, why can a newspaper refuse to publish your letter to the editor but a phone company can't cut off your conversation? Don't bother looking it up, but if you are familiar with it, I'd like to know.
The law is different for magazines, phone companies and internet websites.

I don’t know much about the laws that have to with whether or not a phone company can cut off a phone conversation.

The government is supposed to get a warrant to wiretap and monitor conversations. I do not believe a phone company is legally able to monitor conversations. Interesting enough, I worked for a phone company in the 80's, and we were served with search warrants to provide records of what phone number called what phone number at what time. Caught some kids making a bomb threat to their school once. The idiots were still at the convenience store when the cops got there. They made the call, the school called the cops, they got the warrant and called us, and we pulled the record. They were still there.

The law for websites clearly states you can’t treat them like a publisher. At all. End of story.

If a website didn’t moderate content and chuck out the objectionable material, there would be no need for protection from libel lawsuits in the first place.
IMO, if you can't treat them like a publisher, they should not be censoring content. They should not receive, for example, protection from liability if a liberal hater doxes a conservative and his children die in a house fire while simultaneously being free to censor that conservative's expression of his views.

Whats the goal here?

Think they can permanently control public discourse if they just keep the propaganda machine oiled with the fresh remains of the 1st amendment?

FUCK THESE COMPANIES!

By deleting it?

Not everyone knows the history of the Democrat machine

Do you have a problem with free enterprise?
Facebook can delete objectionable content
Then they should be held liable for damage caused by people using their service, yes? If a liberal provides information that leads to a conservative having his house set on fire, should they not be held liable?

IMO, if you can't treat them like a publisher, they should not be censoring content. They should not receive, for example, protection from liability if a liberal hater doxes a conservative and his children die in a house fire while simultaneously being free to censor that conservative's expression of his views.
You can have that opinion but that leads to unintended consequences.

See, what you’re suggesting is exactly what we had back in the day, in the 1990s. There would be forums and they would be moderated so when objectionable content gets posted, they’d take it down. Well, the courts then made them liable for everything posted on their sites. So either you’d have to leave up everything on the website no matter how objectionable, or be responsible for the content of every person.

And that was not a situation that could be sustained.

It's really pretty simple...when YouTube, Facebook and Twitter started to let their personal political/cultural and ideological bias determine how/when they enforce their own rules, in doing so violating their own ToS...they ceased to be platforms, and became a publisher... therefore they should no longer be afforded the protections given under section 230.

).

All people want is for these "platforms" to stop enforcing their rules unfairly. These "platforms" are constantly changing their rules, or enforcing them unjustly to censor conservatives..

This continuing to happen is blatantly obvious to anyone who isn't a commie moonbat who hates free speech, and is in love with authoritative dictatorships.

Whats the goal here?

FUCK THESE COMPANIES!

By deleting it?

Not everyone knows the history of the Democrat machine

Do you have a problem with free enterprise?
Facebook can delete objectionable content
Then they should be held liable for damage caused by people using their service, yes? If a liberal provides information that leads to a conservative having his house set on fire, should they not be held liable?

Makes no sense

There are plenty of social media sites around and each one must decide for itself what editoral control they wish to exert. The charge of propaganda control that I'm reading about here isn't all that different from the liberals' bellyaching when Rush Limbaugh first became popular. It seemed strange to me (at the time) because back in the day we learned that if you didn't like what was on then get up and change the channel. The OP concludes with a policy I've always taken to heart, my choice is to not patronize those entities that I don't trust. Perhaps the difference is that I never had a problem with Rush or Fox News not catering to my taste.
Rush & Fox don't actively suppress the opinions of the opposite party. In fact they promote those opinions because it gives them fuel for their own positions.
Neither does Facebook and Twitter

They just point out that this poster is a crazy fucking liar.
Some people are incapable of knowing otherwise
Exactly. Misinformation and outright lies are still misinformation and outright lies regardless of elections
How absurd. So everytime someone disagrees with your OPINION that makes you a liar? Those are your standards?

Insane

No, everytime someone lies to me it makes them a liar and when they find that insane then there is something odd about them.

Whats the goal here?
They don’t want to be a hotbed of conspiratorial nonsense.
You mean they want to suppress opinions and information they disagree with.

Who do you think you're fooling?
I mean that they are a business and advertisers don’t like their ads appearing on the pages of lunatics.
There are plenty of advertisers what would love to have their ads posted on rightwing pages.

You idiots kill me when you display your naked hatred for freedom of speech.

Why do you call yourselves "liberal" or "progressive?" Stalinists is what you are.
Not enough to pay the bills for the torrent of bullshit you lunatics put in the internet.

We are talking about massive companies, not stupid little right wing blogs.

The hatred of freedom comes from you thugs who demand social media do as you say.
Yeah, right. Censorship means freedom. War is peace.

Freedom of speech costs nothing. Censorship is what requires massive armies of bootlicking Stalinist minions to administer.

You're the lowest bucket of piss in the universe.

Whats the goal here?

FUCK THESE COMPANIES!

And maybe many of these posts sole purpose is to enrage certain members and encourage violence.
So you agree that they are acting as publishers and not open platforms, thus undeserving of the protections from civil liability afforded to them by the government.

hence why we have FREE SPEECH in order to hear all sides and decide for ourselves who is the bullshitter.
Yep, their dogma won't stand up to the facts. That's why they can't allow people to speak the truth.

Whats the goal here?

I mean that they are a business and advertisers don’t like their ads appearing on the pages of lunatics.
There are plenty of advertisers what would love to have their ads posted on rightwing pages.

Why do you call yourselves "liberal" or "progressive?" Stalinists is what you are.
Not enough to pay the bills for the torrent of bullshit you lunatics put in the internet.

The hatred of freedom comes from you thugs who demand social media do as you say.

Freedom of speech costs nothing. Censorship is what requires massive armies of Stalinist douchebags.

But you’re forgetting that this “censorship” isn’t occurring in the public sphere. It’s not occurring on government property.

It’s occurring on private servers paid for by private money. You are a thug trying to tell people what to do with their property. Because you know what? Running a massive website isn’t actually free!

Whats the goal here?

FUCK THESE COMPANIES!

Free Speech says nothing about there being no consequences for what you say or that your claims can’t be questioned
In other words, turds like you feel free to assault people who say things you don't agree with.

Whats the goal here?

Freedom of speech costs nothing. Censorship is what requires massive armies of Stalinist douchebags.

But you’re forgetting that this “censorship” isn’t occurring in the public sphere. It’s not occurring on government property.

It’s occurring on private servers paid for by private money. You are a thug trying to tell people what to do with their property. Because you know what? Running a massive website isn’t actually free!
It's occuring with government protection, scumbag. The cost of lawyers isn't free when the government isn't protecting you from lawsuits.

Whats the goal here?

FUCK THESE COMPANIES!
Tissue?

When is Google gonna take down all the angry Karen videos? BLM videos advocating violence? Music videos that brag about raping women & killing cops?
Videos of celebrities making wild claims & threats? Women sexualizing themselves for money in the name of art? Graphic videos of people fighting or worse? Etc...

Instead they focus on conservative opinion videos...

It's CLEAR to me we have our priorities completely backwards.
Tissue?

Whats the goal here?

It's occuring with government protection, scumbag. The cost of lawyers isn't free when the government isn't protecting you from lawsuits.
No one needs government to protect them from the consequences of chucking you lunatics off their property. That’s their constitutional right to do so.

Whats the goal here?

No one needs government to protect them from the consequences of chucking you lunatics off their property. That’s their constitutional right to do so.
The you should support terminating Section 230. Why are you fighting so hard to defend it?

You can have that opinion but that leads to unintended consequences.

See, what you’re suggesting is exactly what we had back in the day, in the 1990s. There would be forums and they would be moderated so when objectionable content gets posted, they’d take it down. Well, the courts then made them liable for everything posted on their sites. So either you’d have to leave up everything on the website no matter how objectionable, or be responsible for the content of every person.

And that was not a situation that could be sustained.
It's not an ideal world and compromises must be made. I understand that.

Whats the goal here?

The you should support terminating Section 230. Why are you fighting so hard to defend it?
Because the internet would be a steaming pile of shit without it.

You lunatics would burn it all down.

Forum List

Back