The fertility crisis is here and it will permanently alter the economy

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
If forecasts hold up, 2064 will be the first year in modern history where the global death rate surpasses the birth rate.

Falling fertility rates have long been a concern for economists worried that aging societies could diminish the labor force, further exacerbate inflation, upend the consumer culture upon which mature economies depend and overwhelm government programs meant to care for aging populations.

Those changes are now upon us. A new study by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) says that declining birth rates will permanently alter the demographic makeup of the world’s largest economies over the next decade.

In the 1960s, there were six people of working age for every retired person, according to the World Economic Forum. Today, the ratio is closer to three-to-one. By 2035, it’s expected to be two-to-one.

I suspect this is CNN's way of pushing the notion that illegal immigration is okay.

Blah.....If the government hadn't turned into a huge ponzi scheme, it wouldn't matter. They're going to continue to import third-worlders to "fix" the problem, destroying our culture in the process.

If forecasts hold up, 2064 will be the first year in modern history where the global death rate surpasses the birth rate.

Falling fertility rates have long been a concern for economists worried that aging societies could diminish the labor force, further exacerbate inflation, upend the consumer culture upon which mature economies depend and overwhelm government programs meant to care for aging populations.

Those changes are now upon us. A new study by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) says that declining birth rates will permanently alter the demographic makeup of the world’s largest economies over the next decade.

In the 1960s, there were six people of working age for every retired person, according to the World Economic Forum. Today, the ratio is closer to three-to-one. By 2035, it’s expected to be two-to-one.

I suspect this is CNN's way of pushing the notion that illegal immigration is okay.

Blah.....If the government hadn't turned into a huge ponzi scheme, it wouldn't matter. They're going to continue to import third-worlders to "fix" the problem, destroying our culture in the process.

So you want the Republic of Gilead?

In the 1960s, there were six people of working age for every retired perso
n, according to the World Economic Forum. Today, the ratio is closer to three-to-one. By 2035, it’s expected to be two-to-one.

The population of humans that can be supported sustainably on the planet at a reasonable standard of living is below 4 billion.
We have 8 billion.
America social security is going broke because we have too many retirees, not enough workers. Americans aren't having enough kids. Thank god for the border crisis. We need them.
But we need to eventually cut the population in half.
Think about the border as a solution to our problem. Companies want cheap labor, you want cheap labor, there you go.
And AI/Automation are making it so future Americans won't have to work. Why work? Capitalism is just the best of all the horrible ISMS. It relies on poor people. We can do better. Life is short.
Seriously, in 40 years human's will be half AI. Hybred humans
The dawn of the new era of hybrid work should refer to a paradigm shift towards seamless integration between human intelligence and artificial intelligence. This visionary approach acknowledges the symbiotic relationship between human expertise and AI capabilities, where each complements the strengths of the other.

You old fucks think you know what's going on but you are literally dinosaurs in an outdated era. At the tail end of it. Me too.

Can there be anything said that is more 'careless' than that?

Open up the borders and at least pretend that Biden did it!

That's what Covid was supposed to do, just like forest fires spur new growth and get rid of useless overgrowth and dead wood.

And us Americans don't need covid. Our parents told us in the 70's and 80's not to have kids we couldn't afford and guess what we did? We listened to them. It turns out we don't want to have kids. We're happy without them. I have a home, a boat, a BIG 401K, no debt and a dog. Hell, the dog even cost too much. Yearly bills, worrying, food, toys, shit adds up.

I have a lot of friends who in their 30's decided they didn't want kids. I suspected I was alone. Of me and my 7 (total) cousins, I'm the only one who didn't have kids. Of 7 of us, we had 10 total kids. That's too much. But that means the 6 of them and their wives only produced 10 kids. So 12 humans produced 10 children. Count me 13 produced 10 kids. That's not so bad.

They almost all had them much later in life too. So even if people are having kids, they aren't having as much as they used to. And to me, that's a good thing.

My dad and I wonder how much social security we saved because so many people who died were older. Or the 50 somethings who died without ever getting a dime. Or people on disability.

Forum List

Back