🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The First "DOW 20,000" Thread. We are only 90 Points Away.Well Hillary, Doom & Gloom If Trump Wins?

Our 401k keeps going up, and all yer, up to the election, it was slowing declining.
LOL

"Up to the election," the Dow went from 6500 to 18300.
Yeah, if your 401K was declining the person you needed to blame was you. LOL

But, as everyone should know, the Dow is really a short term (year or so) indicator of investor sentiments. And, Trump will relax regs, the economy is already growing, rates will go up, which will keep the dollar high and attract foreign capital.

The question will be whether it's a bubble burst as we saw at the end of W. Unless we reduce the deficit to GNP ratio, it inevitably will be a bubble burst. And the lack of credit regulation back in the 2000's should give everyone fear.

Doesn't matter much to the vast majority of people, as the financial sector is still sucking up almost all of the productivity gains as they have since the 1970's and not much is 'trickling down', so consumer spending will still be stagnant as ever, and will never ever catch up with the inflation cycle we've had since the 1970's either. The low fuel prices are going to go away.

Our 401k keeps going up, and all yer, up to the election, it was slowing declining.
LOL

But, as everyone should know, the Dow is really a short term (year or so) indicator of investor sentiments. And, Trump will relax regs, the economy is already growing, rates will go up, which will keep the dollar high and attract foreign capital.

The question will be whether it's a bubble burst as we saw at the end of W. Unless we reduce the deficit to GNP ratio, it inevitably will be a bubble burst. And the lack of credit regulation back in the 2000's should give everyone fear.
Well, if that's true which it's not, why is it increasing now and I haven't touched it? What kind of lie will you puke out now?
Dude if you didn't make money during the Obama years, you're a bigger idiot than even your posts show.

Now go eat my puke, bitch.

That said, Trump should be good for investors for at least two years.

LOL

Doesn't matter much to the vast majority of people, as the financial sector is still sucking up almost all of the productivity gains as they have since the 1970's and not much is 'trickling down', so consumer spending will still be stagnant as ever, and will never ever catch up with the inflation cycle we've had since the 1970's either. The low fuel prices are going to go away.
I agree. But, investments accounts should go up.

I think we should see some wage growth because jobs are increasing (even without Trump deregulation) so, as happened in the 90s and 2000s, those with skills in demand should see benefit.

but Trump is betting he can reduce debt/GNP through growth.

LOL

Well, if that's true which it's not, why is it increasing now and I haven't touched it? What kind of lie will you puke out now?
Dude if you didn't make money during the Obama years, you're a bigger idiot than even your posts show.

Now go eat my puke, bitch.

That said, Trump should be good for investors for at least two years.
Not gonna answer the question because you can't. And like the typical liberal, you twist what I said, like all liberal liars. I never once stated that we didn't make any money during the "obastard years".

I can still remember watching her in her devil like voice warning her crowd of 32 dingbats that the life we have now will cease,come to an end if Trump wins.:Boom2:

What will be awesome id=s if it still keeps climbing after the fed bumps the interest rates.
i dont think that the increase in interest rates will affect the economy,,,id rather have a higher rate and a growing economy than 0% and a dead economy

Yup.

LOL

I think we should see some wage growth because jobs are increasing (even without Trump deregulation) so, as happened in the 90s and 2000s, those with skills in demand should see benefit.

Trump will lose that bet, just as Bush II did. And wage growth is indeed the only option for real growth, and for the U.S. so is bringing back high productivity jobs, even if many are now automated, among other things. He's absolutely right about these bogus 'trade deals' being scams. As for investment accounts, we probably have a different view of those, since I base real gains on how much they beat adjustments for real inflation, not what they did compared to just a year or so ago. We won't see another consumer driven bubble like the housing bubbles of the past, since it's harder to get loans now, for one, so no big massive mortgaging of imaginary equity is going to happen again, t least for a while.

That's why the country elected Trump... :dance:

The country fell for a goddam snow job. Wait a few years and we'll see what you say!

Allowing that orange faced no politics asshole will prove to be the screw-up of the century.
Tissue? Again?

It's not my fault that you can't keep up!

3868d3e69501c0dabcba8609eba4b9c4.jpg

Last edited:
Will the reporters from NBC and CNN ever remind us of how the DOW crashed shortly after Obama took office while thanks to Obama we were losing about 700,000 jobs a month?

You numbhuts.....surely you're not that goddam stupid. The economy finally crashed because the only thing Bush did while in office was two tax cuts for the rich, started two wars and took the economy into a ditch. It's not rocket science......reading a newspaper every day would have taken care of it for you.

3868d3e69501c0dabcba8609eba4b9c4.jpg

Last edited:
LOL

Trump will lose that bet, just as Bush II did. And wage growth is indeed the only option for real growth, and for the U.S. so is bringing back high productivity jobs, even if many are now automated, among other things. He's absolutely right about these bogus 'trade deals' being scams. As for investment accounts, we probably have a different view of those, since I base real gains on how much they beat adjustments for real inflation, not what they did compared to just a year or so ago. We won't see another consumer driven bubble like the housing bubbles of the past, since it's harder to get loans now, for one, so no big massive mortgaging of imaginary equity is going to happen again, t least for a while.

Well, there's no actual inflation ... right now. Bonds will pay more. The Dow goes up. All those underfunded pension plans get some boost. Although it's a losing game because there are fewer workers and more retirees.

US Steel and IBM have made sounds about hiring. The Japanese guy who bought Sprint is betting on the technology for cars driving themselves. All that meas wages.

The irony is that none of that will in anyway help the middle aged white guys who got laid off in the Great Recession and who elected Trump. And the miners.... in the 80s I had to move to the oil patch for work, and those jerks sat on their asses expecting the gummit and unions to keep them fed.

I can still remember watching her in her devil like voice warning her crowd of 32 dingbats that the life we have now will cease,come to an end if Trump wins.:Boom2:

What will be awesome id=s if it still keeps climbing after the fed bumps the interest rates.
i dont think that the increase in interest rates will affect the economy,,,id rather have a higher rate and a growing economy than 0% and a dead economy

Yup.
no normal person actually believes that Bush caused the meltdown in 2008 knowing the Democrats and Bwarny Fwank rewrote the rules that eventually collapsed the banking system! Sure! Hey,,,,your almost dead? No ID? No paper work?,,,hey!, no problemo! we can loan you 200K for a house !!!!

The First "DOW 20,000" Thread. We are only 90 Points Away.Well Hillary, Doom & Gloom If Trump Wins?

You are forgetting...Barry and Liberals are claim the sh!t out or anything and everything good happening as a result of the positive market speculation due to Trump's election.

Yup.
no normal person actually believes that Bush caused the meltdown in 2008 knowing the Democrats and Bwarny Fwank rewrote the rules that eventually collapsed the banking system! Sure! Hey,,,,your almost dead? No ID? No paper work?,,,hey!, no problemo! we can loan you 200K for a house !!!!
Alex, can I have idiot partisans for $100?

You are forgetting...Barry and Liberals are claim the sh!t out or anything and everything good happening as a result of the positive market speculation due to Trump's election.
I'm betting we see 20K, you? (-:

I don't 'bet'. I would not be surprised.

Also, I posted a link to this last week - the sudden spike in the stock market simply because Trump won, based on nothing really solid, shows there is a big bubble involved here. That has some economists concerned...about the possibility of a sudden 'pop'.

Well, there's no actual inflation ... right now.

relative to cherry picking the time scale, yes; in real terms all the inflation is still there and hasn't been reduced, so that is What I go by. Reducing the rate of inflation doesn't mean the previous inflation magically went away, and it's still a major factor for the lower 90% of people, even if it's invisible to the top of the pyramid.

Bonds will pay more. The Dow goes up. All those underfunded pension plans get some boost. Although it's a losing game because there are fewer workers and more retirees.

The millennials are a bigger demographic than the Boomers. The problem is wages and income are far below where they should be, so less savings in real terms as well as SS and other payroll taxes being inadequate even when increased to 7.5% or whatever; they aren't paying in near the same amounts in adjusted dollars, so yes, there is a shortfall on the lower ends. Add to that companies never actually funded the pensions plans as they went along, and just filed bankruptcy rather than make up the shortfalls.

US Steel and IBM have made sounds about hiring. The Japanese guy who bought Sprint is betting on the technology for cars driving themselves. All that meas wages.

Yes. Hopefully they really mean it.

The irony is that none of that will in anyway help the middle aged white guys who got laid off in the Great Recession and who elected Trump. And the miners.... in the 80s I had to move to the oil patch for work, and those jerks sat on their asses expecting the gummit and unions to keep them fed.

Yes, it's trendy to make racist myths up in order to peddle Democratic Party and Libertoon hubris.

Correlating the stock market with who happens to be in office at the time is always a losing game. Short term popularity fluctuations aside, decisions Presidents make can take months or years to work their way into real value creation or destruction for market indicies.

Of course, on an individual stock basis, one only needs to look at Carrier, Boeing, or Solyndra to see the power of the office.

I don't 'bet'. I would not be surprised.

Also, I posted a link to this last week - the sudden spike in the stock market simply because Trump won, based on nothing really solid, shows there is a big bubble involved here. That has some economists concerned...about the possibility of a sudden 'pop'.

Yes, it's based on pure gambling, nothing solid, but there is no 'bubble', just churning among big investors playing with their loose change and foreign banks and investors fleeing negative interest rates overseas.

If all goes as planned, we may be at 20,500 by Feb. 1st while Jill Stien is still demanding a recount

Obama's legacy will be increased mass shootings… And a lot of dead kids/people…

Forum List

Back