The "Flash" and the code against heroes killing bad guys....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Spoiler alert........

Okay....so in the final episode of the season...The Flash has the villain Zoom at his feet.....Zoom has murdered hundreds of people...murdered them.....he is impossible to contain because he can just create a portal that allows him to escape to different worlds, and he had planned on committing genocide on a scale unknown to humanity by destroying all of the alternate Earths that exist in the various realities...murdering all of the people on those alternate Earths...

And with all of these tiny issues.....The Flash...can't kill him....they resort to a plot device where Portal Creatures snatch Zoom and take him away.....

This is one of the reasons that The Punisher and at least the movie version of DeadPool were refreshing.....they don't hesitate to kill murderers...saving lives while they do it.....

The "code" where heroes cannot kill bad guys.....really, really bad guys....is just silly.

That they should do so as a last resort is the issue......but when a villain like Zoom exists....to hesitate and allow innocent billions of people to die.....is just silly.

One of the biggest problems people had with Batman Vs. Superman is that Batman, an honorable hero who refuses to sink to the levels of his villains, massacres a bunch of people.

No...that isn't accurate...he didn't massacre anyone......he killed violent criminals who were trying to kill him...big difference....

One of the biggest problems people had with Batman Vs. Superman is that Batman, an honorable hero who refuses to sink to the levels of his villains, massacres a bunch of people.

No...that isn't accurate...he didn't massacre anyone......he killed violent criminals who were trying to kill him...big difference....
Yes and that stands in total opposition to everything that Batman has ever stood for.

What exactly is sinking to the level of the villains.....did Batman murder innocent people? Is that the level you are talking about?

Yes and that stands in total opposition to everything that Batman has ever stood for.

I don't know if that is true...the first Batman comics....I think he did a little killing of killers .....

So....to you it makes sense that a criminal like Zoom....who has murdered hundreds of actual innocent people, who was going to murder billions of people in a mass murder that destroyed entire worlds....who cannot be contained because he can create portals out of his speed ability.....

And yet the Flash would be dishonored by killing him in combat....after Zoom murdered the Flash's father...in front of the Flash.........and is going to kill all of the people the Flash loves and cares about....just for fun....?

Did Republicans cause the murder of innocent Americans going into Iraq for no reason? What about keeping innocent Americans from healthcare until they die? Is that murder?

I don't know if that is true...the first Batman comics....I think he did a little killing of killers .....
Batman stands for justice. He doesn't kill people. He understands it's not his place to decide who lives and who dies.

Did Republicans cause the murder of innocent Americans going into Iraq for no reason? What about keeping innocent Americans from healthcare until they die? Is that murder?

Blow it out your ass moron..........go to current events......and go fuck yourself for good measure...

So....to you it makes sense that a criminal like Zoom....who has murdered hundreds of actual innocent people, who was going to murder billions of people in a mass murder that destroyed entire worlds....who cannot be contained because he can create portals out of his speed ability.....

And yet the Flash would be dishonored by killing him in combat....after Zoom murdered the Flash's father...in front of the Flash.........
The Flash knew about those stupid Speed Force demons. So he apprehended Zoom for them, and Zoom faced their justice. The Flash is not a killer.

Batman stands for justice. He doesn't kill people. He understands it's not his place to decide who lives and who dies.

If he stands for justice that doesn't change killing guys in combat.....in self defense......and we are talking specifically about the situation of the Flash........

Not that I don't think Batman would be justified in killing the Joker...since he too can escape just about any prison he is put in....and then goes on to murder more people...

And yet the Flash would be dishonored by killing him in combat....after Zoom murdered the Flash's father...in front of the Flash.........
The Flash knew about those stupid Speed Force demons. So he apprehended Zoom for them, and Zoom faced their justice. The Flash is not a killer.

No.....he gambled that the demons would do something he refused to do himself........so in fact he did kill Zoom...just not with his hand.........kind of like pulling the rope holding the anvil up...and letting it fall and smash Zoom's head in.....

Do you think The Flash killing Zoom is the same as Zoom killing an innocent person?

Okay OldSchool......

You are in the red suit....you know Zooms record....and his ability to escape any prison you try to put him in........do you kill him?

Okay OldSchool......

You are in the red suit....you know Zooms record....and his ability to escape any prison you try to put him in........do you kill him?
Not if I know that I've apprehended him for a bunch of Speed Force demons. If possible, I'd like to keep my soul intact as much as I can.

And let's say that plan falls through......which I am sure it will if the ratings favor Zoom........and Zoom goes on to kill another innocent human being...how is your soul going to be with that one?

Okay OldSchool......

Not if I know that I've apprehended him for a bunch of Speed Force demons. If possible, I'd like to keep my soul intact as much as I can.

And let's say that plan falls through......which I am sure it will if the ratings favor Zoom........and Zoom goes on to kill another innocent human being...how is your soul going to be with that one?
Or maybe Zoom sees the error of his ways and becomes a force for good. Besides, if Superheroes took the easy way out and killed everyone bad, they'd be pretty boring and probably pretty bad themselves.

2aguy, if you were a time travelling superhero, would you go back and kill Hitler as a baby? Or pick him up and drop him off in, say, America to see if he turned out differently?

Okay OldSchool......

Or maybe Zoom sees the error of his ways and becomes a force for good. Besides, if Superheroes took the easy way out and killed everyone bad, they'd be pretty boring and probably pretty bad themselves.

2aguy, if you were a time travelling superhero, would you go back and kill Hitler as a baby? Or pick him up and drop him off in, say, America to see if he turned out differently?

I might drop adolph off...but that isn't the case with Zoom......I would support The Flash going back in time and saving Zoom's mother....that might save Zoom....but since that wasn't the scenario......I think Flash should have killed him....

Forum List

Back