The Front Porch Swing

No stoop but I am going to fight off some droop (posterior that is).
It's a beautiful sunny cold day in Minnesota and a perfect day to go snow-shoeing. "Shoeing" in a perfect method in fighting posterior droop ya know. When I get back fighting droop, then I'll get into my stoop, have some soup and think of BDBoop and the rest of the group!

Yepp, but before, something quiet and soothing.

Take five minutes to go back 500+ years in time and hear silvery sounds from the past.

Henry Purcell: "Fairest Isle" from "King Arthur"

Really an amazing and soothing music. I thought, after all the commotion of the last days, we could use a musical salve. Well, this might do the trick:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUkJPOOPTGI]H. Purcell-Fairest Isle (from "King Arthur") - YouTube[/ame]

Verse 1
Fair- est Isle, all isles ex- cel- ling, Seat of pleas- sure and of love,
Ve- nus here will choose her dwell- ing And for- sake her Cy- prian grove.
Cu- pid from his fa- v'rite na- tion Care and en- vy will re move;
Jea- lou- sy that pois- nous pass- ion, And des- pair that dies for love.

Verse 2

Gen- tle mur- murs sweet com- plai- ning, Sighs that blow the fire of
love. Soft re- pul- ses, kind dis- dain- ing, Shall be all the
pains you prove. Ev' ry swain shall pay his du- ty Grate- ful
e- v'ry nymph shall prove; And as these ex- cel in beau- ty,
Those shall be re- nowned for love.

Last edited:
[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] Sorry about your Mom she looked really young.

[MENTION=41985]drifter[/MENTION] - that is extremely kind of you.

She aged very much in the 7-8 years before her death. Reminds me that life is short and there is good reason for the phrase "Carpe Diem".

I prayed Kaddish for her every day for 11 months after her death, and now at the so-called "Jahrzeit", but there are days that are just totally weird and I sense that she is both near and far.

Ok, enough babbling. Nice to make your acquaintance.

-Stat

Take five minutes to go back 500+ years in time and hear silvery sounds from the past.

Really an amazing and soothing music. I thought, after all the commotion of the last days, we could use a musical salve. Well, this might do the trick:

H. Purcell-Fairest Isle (from "King Arthur") - YouTube

Absolutely did the trick. I am now a noodle. :)

[MENTION=46168]Statistikhengst[/MENTION] Sorry about your Mom she looked really young.

She aged very much in the 7-8 years before her death. Reminds me that life is short and there is good reason for the phrase "Carpe Diem".

I prayed Kaddish for her every day for 11 months after her death, and now at the so-called "Jahrzeit", but there are days that are just totally weird and I sense that she is both near and far.

-Stat

Last month was 1 year since my Dad died, and 7 months since my sister died.

I know how you feel, nice to meet ya to.

This place looks inviting. I look forward to many a pleasant exchange in here, with this special group!

Hello!

ss_100029620.jpg

I have a JRT, but she's not as photogenic as this guy:

jasmineandsnoop4_zps01de1ae5.jpg

1957 "If I had my Druthers". A gem.

Last edited by a moderator:

H. Purcell-Fairest Isle (from "King Arthur") - YouTube

Absolutely did the trick. I am now a noodle. :)

A student of mine was just here and worked the aria with me. I thought, heck, it is so schön...

-Stat

Last month was 1 year since my Dad died, and 7 months since my sister died.

I know how you feel, nice to meet ya to.

I can only wish you the best and kindest thoughts. No words can really comfort, imo, for each situation is individual. I know that I would be a pool of goo on the floor were my sister to go. I have the best sister in the world!

Wow..I just saw the references to voodoo dolls and kosher. I could have sworn the purpose of this place was to avoid such inflammatory posting! Isn't this supposed to be where everybody is nice, and nobody ever says a nasty word about anyone?

Well now that I have that off my chest, pull up a chair at the table. I'm making waffles.

Chicken_Waffles.png%3Fmh%3D367

Just remember...the purpose of boop's stoop is to be kind and to avoid the nastiness of the tavern while you were there.
But I'm sure that will not be a problem! We're all just here to have fun!

Sister in law just came in my room all freaked out and crying. She went to bed earlier and got a leg cramp. Toe sticking straight up, calf hard as a rock. I said LEG CRAMP and sent her off to the bathroom to stick it in the tub with hot water to loosen the tendons and muscles. She sat in there about 15 minutes and came back and said it scared her and I said yeah..tell me about it. It SUCKS. Mine woke me up one night and the only thing I could do was pound the hell out of it with my fist, which made my wrist joints scream but that cramp was a doozy. If that is what happened to her..I know her pain. OUCH.
Anyway..she is better now, so I am going to get in my recliner. Took my xanax and it is starting to kick in. See you guys tomorrow!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Did I tell you I LOVE this thread, Boop? Thanks again!

I used to get those as a kid all the time. Insufferable pain, and all you can do is try not to react to it and pound the muscles into submission, then try to walk it off. It doesn't come back in adulthood unless I've been on my feet unusually long through the day. But I walk so much that it takes a lot any more to reach that point.

Wow..I just saw the references to voodoo dolls and kosher. I could have sworn the purpose of this place was to avoid such inflammatory posting! Isn't this supposed to be where everybody is nice, and nobody ever says a nasty word about anyone?

Well now that I have that off my chest, pull up a chair at the table. I'm making waffles.

Good I'm hungry :lol:

I'm sort of bummed...I come with my dog and my waffles, and looking forward to a good coze...

but this is the welcome I'm given:

514_400x400_NoPeel.jpg

I expected so much more from boop's stoop, given the lofty ideals and the premise behind it's incorporation.

Thirsty?

Mimosa..or tea? Or bloody mary or..milk shake?

Thirsty?

Mimosa..or tea? Or bloody mary or..milk shake?

I've been sick all week, just orange juice please :smiliehug:

Forum List

Back